ADVERTISEMENT

UofL 2016 FootballL schedule vs ESPN Power Rating

wilkie01

Four-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
Planet Red
RE: ESPN 2016 College Football Power Index...National Rankings....
Louisville's 2016 football schedule:

Louisville ESPN power rating #12.

9/01/16 CHARLOTTE #125
9/09/16 AT SYRACUSE #61
9/17/16 FLORIDA STATE #2
9/24/16 AT MARSHALL #76
10/01/16 AT CLEMSON #4
10/14/16 DUKE #56
0/22/16 NC STATE #42
10/29/16 AT VIRGINIA #64
11/05/16 AT BOSTON COLLEGE #51
11/12/16 WAKE FOREST #56
11/17/16 AT HOUSTON #48
11/26/16 KENTUCKY #55

Upcoming season is looking very favorable, we could go with one loss and that may put us in the ACC final with an outside shot at getting in the final 4...I'm not saying that's likely, but it's sure exciting to see it as a possibility.

If we end up 10-2, we'll be 7-2 in the ACC. The only OOC game that I can see as a serious challenge is the Houston game.

I really don't like going to Houston late in the year on a Short Week...plus the Cougars are legit as well already know...they are the 3rd best team on our schedule...the Trap Game this year is at Marshall..should win but will be tougher than expected.

I really don't like going to Houston late in the year on a Short Week...plus the Cougars are legit as well already know...they are the 3rd best team on our schedule...the Trap Game this year is at Marshall..should win but will be tougher than expected.
Yeah I agree. That Houston game is going to be REAL difficult, plus playing at Marshall will test the mental toughness of the team since it is played right after playing FSU and right before playing at Clemson. You're spot on.

I guess I need to clarify why I think 10-2 is going to be more than difficult. I'm not sure the Cardinals are on the level of FSU or Clemson just yet. Both those game are probably going to be losses, and that Houston game really scares the ever living crap out of me. I think 9-3 might be the best possible outcome for the season, but then again, we're all dreaming of 12-0 right now. One game at a time and maybe 12-0 becomes reality!

We could go 8-4. Maybe we handle Marshall or Houston but get tripped by UVA or Wake. We always have trouble with those schools. A lot depends on Jackson's development and improvement on the Oline. Looking forward to it.

I am just going to focus on one game at a time. Any things better than our 0-3 start last year. We still have to focus on every team this year and play loose against the FSU, Clemson, and Houston. If we come out and play tight, those good teams make it very difficult to win. Plus we need more depth at every position to hammer them in the fourth. Our WR look very deep, but the DB, & OL could be the difference between a good and great team.

I am just going to focus on one game at a time. Any things better than our 0-3 start last year. We still have to focus on every team this year and play loose against the FSU, Clemson, and Houston. If we come out and play tight, those good teams make it very difficult to win. Plus we need more depth at every position to hammer them in the fourth. Our WR look very deep, but the DB, & OL could be the difference between a good and great team.
It's always best to take it one game at a time, and I agree with that approach. I'm sure the coaches agree with us too! I also agree that depth is the key to any successful football campaign. Having quality depth is an absolute must in order to blossom into a great team. 100% agree.

LMBO!!!....You know as well as I do their ceiling is 5 wins this year....don't tell them test

5 my @$$...3 is more like it...Austin Peay, New Mexico State and Vandy (Maybe)...So. Miss WILL beat them OOC, and we WILL SMOKE them by 35+!!!

In conference Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State, Missouri and Tennessee are SURE losses...South Carolina at the "Litter Box" is a toss up!!!

:cool:

Reactions: The Public Enemy
5 my @$$...3 is more like it...Austin Peay, New Mexico State and Vandy (Maybe)...So. Miss WILL beat them OOC, and we WILL SMOKE them by 35+!!!

In conference Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State, Missouri and Tennessee are SURE losses...South Carolina at the "Litter Box" is a toss up!!!

:cool:
Ceiling is "5" wins...lol...didn't say they were winning 5...was going 5-7 but the more I look at them it is 4-8

Reactions: American Male

9/01/16 CHARLOTTE #125
9/09/16 AT SYRACUSE #61
9/17/16 FLORIDA STATE #2
9/24/16 AT MARSHALL #76
10/01/16 AT CLEMSON #4
10/14/16 DUKE #56
0/22/16 NC STATE #42
10/29/16 AT VIRGINIA #64
11/12/16 WAKE FOREST #56
11/17/16 AT HOUSTON #48
11/26/16 KENTUCKY #55
How is there 47 teams better than Houston?

I don't think you all will go 12 - 0 ... but I certainly wouldn't have any problems with seeing UL in the playoff if you managed to pull it off. That would mean the Atlantic would put 3 different teams in the playoff in 3 different years ... certainly would be impressive and arguably the best division in college football. But back to reality, I think you go 10 - 2 .... you all were a little young for Houston last year. Your maturity will win that game this year. Good luck in the offseason.

I say 9-3 possibly 10-2. Marshall will be tough especially since it's between the fsu and Clemson game. Lots of possibilities with this schedule. We could lose 4 games or lose 1 game. Just depends on the oline and if we have any good depth on the oline.

Reactions: The Public Enemy

9/01/16 CHARLOTTE #125
9/09/16 AT SYRACUSE #61
9/17/16 FLORIDA STATE #2
9/24/16 AT MARSHALL #76
10/01/16 AT CLEMSON #4
10/14/16 DUKE #56
0/22/16 NC STATE #42
10/29/16 AT VIRGINIA #64
11/12/16 WAKE FOREST #56
11/17/16 AT HOUSTON #48
11/26/16 KENTUCKY #55

I think 8-4 or 9-3 are the most likely outcomes.

UL can beat FSU and Clemson, but I doubt UL will go 2-0 against them. So that is one, or maybe two losses. All it will take is a hairball to cough up a game at Marshall or Houston. Syracuse, BC, NC State, Duke and UK will need help, but a bad day or injuries could give them enough.

Out of those three groupings, 3 losses seems likely and 4 quite possible. Every team has a "hairball" game and every team sucks at least once during a season. It all depends on when they have those games.

Reactions: Guardman
I agree that 8-4 or 9-3 is likely. It is possible, though, that this team could be special. If the line comes together, and Jackson develops as a passer, this team could have all the pieces to be very, very formidable. Here's hoping...

Reactions: American Male
I agree that 8-4 or 9-3 is likely. It is possible, though, that this team could be special. If the line comes together, and Jackson develops as a passer, this team could have all the pieces to be very, very formidable. Here's hoping...

One of the beauties of college football - the unknowns.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT