ADVERTISEMENT

University of Cincinnati discontinued soccer

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
The University of Cincinnati has discontinued their men’s soccer program. They have had one since 1973, I don’t think that decision will help them get into a big boy conference.

Obviously stinks for that program. Also stinks for Karen Ferguson-Dayes as her husband is/was the head coach there.

When people talk about “What did that old admin even do for us, they’re in the past”

Remember the work they put in to get us in the ACC today. Guys that are gone like Dr. Ramsey, Tom, John L, Bobby, and Rick. We’d be in the AAC with Cincy and Memphis State.

The University of Cincinnati has discontinued their men’s soccer program. They have had one since 1973, I don’t think that decision will help them get into a big boy conference.

I don't mean to sound like an alarmist, but every non-revenue generating sport on all collegiate levels is at risk to get cut during these uncertain times.

I don't mean to sound like an alarmist, but every non-revenue generating sport on all collegiate levels is at risk to get cut during these uncertain times.
They might ALL be non revenue generating sports this season!

Wonder what will happen to scholarship players when a sport is cancelled. Are the universities going to honor their education part of the deal or do the students get shafted?

Wonder what will happen to scholarship players when a sport is cancelled. Are the universities going to honor their education part of the deal or do the students get shafted?
They only have 9.9 scholarships to split among the whole team and they are year to year so I doubt they would carry them forward.

Other schools might follow but it sucks being the first one.
It's like any other business. Those who cut the quickest and the furthest are probably in the worst financial shape, relatively speaking.

Of course, those decisions will be spun differently...

295b46897888ca6769282eb7a669b98c.png

It's like any other business. Those who cut the quickest and the furthest are probably in the worst financial shape, relatively speaking.

Of course, those decisions will be spun differently...

295b46897888ca6769282eb7a669b98c.png
Or have foresight and being proactive.

Or have foresight and being proactive.
Like I said, that’s among the ways that the perpetrators and apologists will portray it.

Odd how the religion of sound fiscal management suddenly has been embraced...

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Like I said, that’s among the ways that the perpetrators and apologists will portray it.

Odd how the religion of sound fiscal management suddenly has been embraced...[/QUOTE
no different than assumptions.

ADVERTISEMENT