ADVERTISEMENT

UL Doesn’t Have Top 25 Football Facilities

This is why it’s very important to get past the scandals and get back to 90%+ attendance at football and basketball games here at UofL. We’ve got to keep up in that never-ending facilities race.

This is why it’s very important to get past the scandals and get back to 90%+ attendance at football and basketball games here at UofL. We’ve got to keep up in that never-ending facilities race.
What facilities do we lack?

What facilities do we lack?

Honestly, no idea. I recall that our renovation that opened in 2018 included a facilities upgrade. But my point was that within a decade we will be needing something upgraded, and we won’t be able to afford it if the trends that zipp has highlighted from the last two years continues.

The main take away from this is ACC is way behind in the arms race. With that said recruiting will always be mainly dictated by geography and program history.

The SEC has boatloads of money to throw around. The SEC is the New York Yankees and the ACC is the Oakland A’s. Watch North Carolina they have to resources to be the next Clemson.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
Np other conference can compete with the SEC when it comes to FB money . Go take a look at Floridas new facilites that is being built . It's a freaking 5 star sports resort .really

The main take away from this is ACC is way behind in the arms race. With that said recruiting will always be mainly dictated by geography and program history.

The SEC has boatloads of money to throw around. The SEC is the New York Yankees and the ACC is the Oakland A’s. Watch North Carolina they have to resources to be the next Clemson.
But Clemson wasn’t always Clemson. They were once little brother in their own state. Their ascent to super elite status is recent. Therein lies the hope. Does UofL have the next Dabo? As in field of dreams, build it and they will come. We just need a coach to stick around and not suck.

Reactions: Deeva and Mayoman
The joke was that Jurich wasn’t happy unless there was a crane in the air somewhere.

It really wasn’t a joke...

Last edited:
The future looks better when optimism and positive attitudes abound with much gratitude for the past. Old Chinese Proverb said by a guy whose name I can't spell or pronounce. Imagine that.

My interpretation: Be thankful for what ya have and not what ya want to have....the future welcomes your choice of which road you take.

It takes a lemon to make lemonade.

But Clemson wasn’t always Clemson. They were once little brother in their own state. Their ascent to super elite status is recent. Therein lies the hope. Does UofL have the next Dabo? As in field of dreams, build it and they will come. We just need a coach to stick around and not suck.
Clemson has always been a football school. They won a title back in the 80’s. Now they have made a significant investment into the football program and Dabo has proven to be the right guy. They have been the dominate football school in South Carolina 71-42.

I think Virginia Tech or Frank Beamer is a better comparison for Louisville. Virginia Tech wasn’t much before Beamer he built it into a really solid program.

I think Satterfield is that kind of coach. Louisville is unique an urban school. There just aren’t many programs that fit their profile. That was the beauty of Jurich. He tap into the city. I like how the new administration has been embracing the city.

Reactions: Mayoman
If there’s not a crane in the air you’re behind.

That’s sad in a way.

NOTHING is ever “good enough”.

The Bear at the Junction. Schnellenberger at Shelby Campus and Mount Schnellenberger.......those days of building toughness and character are forever gone.

Now you build it in Beverly Hills like facilities.

Clemson has always been a football school. They won a title back in the 80’s. Now they have made a significant investment into the football program and Dabo has proven to be the right guy. They have been the dominate football school in South Carolina 71-42.

I think Virginia Tech or Frank Beamer is a better comparison for Louisville. Virginia Tech wasn’t much before Beamer he built it into a really solid program.

I think Satterfield is that kind of coach. Louisville is unique an urban school. There just aren’t many programs that fit their profile. That was the beauty of Jurich. He tap into the city. I like how the new administration has been embracing the city.

The Beamer/VT reference is spot on.

Louisville is an outlier in the power five as we were and still are kind of a commuter school. There are plenty of urban universities (Ohio St, Wisconsin, USC, etc.) that have success but not a lot of urban commuter schools.

waiting patiently for everyone to yell at me for saying we’re a commuter school...

The Beamer/VT reference is spot on.

Louisville is an outlier in the power five as we were and still are kind of a commuter school. There are plenty of urban universities (Ohio St, Wisconsin, USC, etc.) that have success but not a lot of urban commuter schools.

waiting patiently for everyone to yell at me for saying we’re a commuter school...

Is this the 1980’s? It doesn’t feel or look like the 80’s. That commuter school reference, however, is definitely from that decade. Things have changed, I’m happy to inform you.

According to 247 Sports Louisville doesn’t have top 25 football facilities. UK comes in at 13th, Clemson comes in at 1st with fellow ACC programs UNC (16th), FSU (20th) and quasi ACC program Notre Dame (14th) all ranking in the top 25.

https://247sports.com/college/kentu...U-college-facilities-rankings-2019-134061740/
I myself don’t know it to be true. But have heard from others that have seen Fl St, and North Carolina’s facilities and they say that our facilities are better. There was also a recruit from out west that said he was surprised at how good our facilities were and that they were the best he had seen. Better then both UCLA and USC.

Louisville is probably right outside of the top 25 as far as football facilities go. To not be a power house program, our facilities are great, but we fall a little short.

Louisville is probably right outside of the top 25 as far as football facilities go. To not be a power house program, our facilities are great, but we fall a little short.

How do we fall short? We have a sparkling stadium, excellent practice facilities, an outstanding new locker and weight room. Please explain how we fall short.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

How do we fall short? We have a sparkling stadium, excellent practice facilities, an outstanding new locker and weight room. Please explain how we fall short.

Have you seen the other schools and their facilities? A quick google can take you there. Stadium wise, it's as good as any, with the exception of attendance. Our locker rooms and weight room are very good, but these schools are funneling money into there locker rooms, weight rooms, lounge areas, basketball courts, barber shops that we fall a little short compared to some of these schools.

Have you seen the other schools and their facilities? A quick google can take you there. Stadium wise, it's as good as any, with the exception of attendance. Our locker rooms and weight room are very good, but these schools are funneling money into there locker rooms, weight rooms, lounge areas, basketball courts, barber shops that we fall a little short compared to some of these schools.

Uh, I think we’re pretty good right now. And I prefer not to get into that rat race. You need to look at the schools we recruit against and then make that comparison. We are so far ahead of uahkay it’s not even close. And in the ACC there are none that are that much better, if any, than us.

Uh, I think we’re pretty good right now. And I prefer not to get into that rat race. You need to look at the schools we recruit against and then make that comparison. We are so far ahead of uahkay it’s not even close. And in the ACC there are none that are that much better, if any, than us.

I think you asked the question and I answered. Our facilities football wise are in the upper tier, but by no means better. Clemson has the best facilities in the country, N.Carolina just recently upgraded and Florida St is in mist of upgrading facilities. I can't find anywhere that list us top 20 in facilities. That's taking nothing away from what we have, because recruits mention regularly about our facilites. The topic of the thread is "Louisville does not have Top 25 facilities" not Louisville doesn't have facilities in comparison of who we recruit against.

I think you asked the question and I answered. Our facilities football wise are in the upper tier, but by no means better. Clemson has the best facilities in the country, N.Carolina just recently upgraded and Florida St is in mist of upgrading facilities. I can't find anywhere that list us top 20 in facilities. That's taking nothing away from what we have, because recruits mention regularly about our facilites. The topic of the thread is "Louisville does not have Top 25 facilities" not Louisville doesn't have facilities in comparison of who we recruit against.

I think you have unrealistic expectations.

The problem with a discussion like this is it's a moving target. Your facilities are only the best when they're brand new. Case in point is Bailout Arena which is now almost ten years old. It's no longer a new arena. (Sidebar, but that's fine with me because every year it ages, it gets further away from a potential NBA franchise calling it "home"...)

And if you're not always planning for that next renovation or expansion, you're destined to fall behind the schools you're trying to keep pace with. This notion that we're as good as we need to be is the doorstep to mediocrity and a competitive disadvantage.

Just because Jurich is gone doesn't mean our standards should change...

It's a full on arms race out there. Teams are adding all kinds of amenities and spending big bucks. I'm glad we have what we have, because I'm not sure we can keep up under our current financial condition.

In my honest humble opinion the facilities aren’t a big deal for Louisville right now because they’re very very nice as is...Once Satterfield has time to develop a few kids and the word really gets out about the quality person he is along with being a great coach interest will really be on upswing and then maybe a time to look at some renovations.

In my honest humble opinion the facilities aren’t a big deal for Louisville right now because they’re very very nice as is...Once Satterfield has time to develop a few kids and the word really gets out about the quality person he is along with being a great coach interest will really be on upswing and then maybe a time to look at some renovations.

First, our facilities are pretty good as is. Second, we are already where your last sentence discussed where we are headed. But WTH do I know - this is my own opinion.

The problem with a discussion like this is it's a moving target. Your facilities are only the best when they're brand new. Case in point is Bailout Arena which is now almost ten years old. It's no longer a new arena. (Sidebar, but that's fine with me because every year it ages, it gets further away from a potential NBA franchise calling it "home"...)

And if you're not always planning for that next renovation or expansion, you're destined to fall behind the schools you're trying to keep pace with. This notion that we're as good as we need to be is the doorstep to mediocrity and a competitive disadvantage.

This is not an economically sustainable model for college football. Ultimately, there is a limit to what even Phil Knight will pay. It’s “amateur” athletics, with no real ROI. With the changes in tax law, this kind of thing cannot and will not go on for much longer.

This is not an economically sustainable model for college football...
I don't have a problem with that perspective if you're investing at the level of the elite schools. We ain't anywhere close.

It's also funny hearing these narratives now that we're out of money and can't raise it...

I don't have a problem with that perspective if you're investing at the level of the elite schools. We ain't anywhere close.

It's also funny hearing these narratives now that we're out of money and can't raise it...
The thread was about UofL not having top 25 facilities. Frankly, I think the difference between us and, say Clemson is just a bunch of fluff that makes no difference to the quality of the team or the experience. UofL athletes have everything the need and then some. As regards the “elite level” we were never there and unlikely to be there ever, for the reasons I stated above. I mean to say that the current model is not sustainable for anybody.

First thing I saw when I clicked on the link was catspause. That's also the last thing I saw..

Reactions: PHCARD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT