ADVERTISEMENT

UK's Super Bowl win will end the year 6 - 6

Jun 24, 2009
The way UK fans are acting, you would have thought they beat the Defending SB Champion Philadelphia Eagles. I would just like to remind UK fans lurking here that their SB win last week is currently losing AT HOME to a mediocre Florida team.

After Miss State loses to Florida tonight, they will go on to lose to Bama, LSU, Auburn and A&M. They will go into the Egg Bowl (a team they lost to last year, freaking Ole Miss) at 5 - 6 needing a win just to get bowl eligible. Given they do that UK's SB win will be 6 - 6. Just remember that UK fans.

I'm not arguing that Mississippi State was insanely overranked when they played but I mean, Louisville is atrocious right now and UK's gonna be 5-0 and could easily win 10 games this year.

Oh and they look miles better than Louisville.

The way UK fans are acting, you would have thought they beat the Defending SB Champion Philadelphia Eagles. I would just like to remind UK fans lurking here that their SB win last week is currently losing AT HOME to a mediocre Florida team.

After Miss State loses to Florida tonight, they will go on to lose to Bama, LSU, Auburn and A&M. They will go into the Egg Bowl (a team they lost to last year, freaking Ole Miss) at 5 - 6 needing a win just to get bowl eligible. Given they do that UK's SB win will be 6 - 6. Just remember that UK fans.
Well we beat Florida too. At the swamp. So I don’t get your logic. But thanks for all the reminders

There always have to some $EC mouth breathers ranked early by the “experts”:

1. They’re the greatest top-to-bottom conference in the history of man. :rolleyes:

2. It makes their good teams look better when they roll them. (Although for once, Bama doesn’t appear to need ANY help :p )

But we beat UF also... If your prediction were the case, then wouldn't that make Florida our SB? Or was USC? It's hard to keep up...

Reactions: 502cats
Dude why the hate for uk? They are about to be ranked in the top 15 and may be onnthere way to a 10 win season. I cant even look at our remaining schedule and tell you who were going to beat

B/c we are diehard UL fans and hate UK. I will give them respect for being 5-0, but I hope they go 5-7........is the way it is!!

Kentucky is 5-0 and has beaten three teams that were ranked.
False.

Not only that, yut victories against annually preseason over ranked sec teams knocked one - barely in the T25 out and the other, on the verge right after those wins.

That’s how much the yut program is thought of nationally - lol.

False.

Not only that, yut victories against annually preseason over ranked sec teams knocked one - barely in the T25 out and the other, on the verge right after those wins.

Uh?

False.

I’ll take the direction we are trending right now.

Take it in the direction of catpiss. We're not gushing on you guys over here, unless it's a troll.

Reactions: BPGhost
As UK fans we should be happy of the 5-0 start. But let's be honest. UK has been horrible at Football for decades. Borderline mediocre teams, losing in the worst ways year after year, horrible play calls sprinkled in with some good players but just not enough. UK fans can't say we are now a football school and we are back. Just can't. UK has to have 10 years of top 25 rankings, competing in the east year after year, good REAL bowl games with some wins and great recruiting. Then you can say we are a football school.

Hope UL turns it around. They will. I'm sure most of you are pissed at Bobby right now. I would be..

It’s a yearly joke about all the $ec also-rans being ranked at the beginning of every year. EVERY year.

It will all work out in the end.

And next year? They’ll all be in the top 25 in August. Again. Because...they $ec don’t cha know :rolleyes:

Reactions: Mayoman
Current AP top 25:
  • SEC 6
  • ACC 4
  • B10 4
  • B12 4
  • P12 4

Opinions base on biased media....just as always in every year....year after year.

Means nothing right now. Let the season play out and see how it ends up.

Until the Final 4 becomes a champions tournament....biased rankings will still drive SEC teams to a higher ranking than what they deserve to have.

Nothing to look at here.

Reactions: SoulSr
kenSucky stinks. Who have they beat that has beaten anyone not in their own conference. There are several other state schools that would easily navigate Georgia's schedule. The best team is Bama and everyone else is really weak. Bama, Ohio St., UCF, and Clemson are the final 4. UCF won't be there so throw in a second sEZ team because of the bias. kenSucky is just a bad team in a terrible league.

All of these Kentucky posters over here arguing with one of their own, the OP is a kitten fan. Lol

#gulliblefools

Reactions: earsky
kenSucky stinks. Who have they beat that has beaten anyone not in their own conference. There are several other state schools that would easily navigate Georgia's schedule. The best team is Bama and everyone else is really weak. Bama, Ohio St., UCF, and Clemson are the final 4. UCF won't be there so throw in a second sEZ team because of the bias. kenSucky is just a bad team in a terrible league.

I posted in another thread a couple weeks ago that most casual football fans really have no idea what they are looking at when they watch football. You’re proving my point.

Last edited:
All of these Kentucky posters over here arguing with one of their own, the OP is a kitten fan. Lol
I'm leaning your way here. We're having a somewhat of a discussion about ky football, and I'm thinking who could like that?

I'm leaning your way here. We're having a somewhat of a discussion about ky football, and I'm thinking who could like that?
Full disclosure, I wish more UL fans posted on our board. Anyone can high five like minded people. The substance is in the conflict. In a perfect world everyone would carry on like grown ups and hash it about two teams separated by 100 miles or so. Let’s talk ball even if it gets a little nutty.

Yeah, I wouldn't disagree, but it's about motive. What's your motive? If you're trolling, fine. Just show your true colors.
Btw, this is easily the best team down the road in at least 10 seasons. How good? Time will tell.

Yeah, I wouldn't disagree, but it's about motive. What's your motive? If you're trolling, fine. Just show your true colors.
Btw, this is easily the best team down the road in at least 10 seasons. How good? Time will tell.
I’m not a troll. Trolling here is futile. I’ll get banned and then what? Trust me if I wanted to say what I wanted at times and go full troll I’d go out with an empty clip. Scorched earth.

Yes this is our best team in a bit. We are historically bad. But we’ve built this squad wisely. I’ve been critical of stoops in the past but he’s laid a foundation that started on the line and worked outward and it’s paying off this year. Everyone has to start somewhere. Maybe this is it.

Bama is walking the walk. I’ll give em that this year. One of, if not the best, I’ve ever seen(to this point-again, let it play out)

uK needs to TCB. It’s not the first time they’ve been 5-0 and it hasn’t turned out well. ;)

Reactions: Mayoman
I’m not a troll. Trolling here is futile. I’ll get banned and then what? Trust me if I wanted to say what I wanted at times and go full troll I’d go out with an empty clip. Scorched earth.

Yes this is our best team in a bit. We are historically bad. But we’ve built this squad wisely. I’ve been critical of stoops in the past but he’s laid a foundation that started on the line and worked outward and it’s paying off this year. Everyone has to start somewhere. Maybe this is it.

I've said it numerous times, I give credit for 5-0, but I personally would disagree that he's laid out a foundation, but I may be proven wrong. UK has 3-4 really good players and a lot of seniors and juniors playing key positions. If this truly is a foundation up deal then sustainability over the next 2-3+ years will be a tell-tell. I'm not sure that will happen, but it could. The other main component here is how long will Tenn and FLA continue to suck??

My main issue, is all the blue morons going on and on about draft picks and obviously UL having a down year, we don't want to look at the last 10-15 years and sure as hell not the last 5.

Bama is walking the walk. I’ll give em that this year. One of, if not the best, I’ve ever seen(to this point-again, let it play out)

uK needs to TCB. It’s not the first time they’ve been 5-0 and it hasn’t turned out well. ;)
True. But this 5-0 is way different than the other years. For instance we have been 5-0 yet never sniffed the top 25. Right now we are ranked 13 because of the competition we have played.

True. But this 5-0 is way different than the other years. For instance we have been 5-0 yet never sniffed the top 25. Right now we are ranked 13 because of the competition we have played.

I'll refrain on the competition piece right now. I thought MSU was a pretty good win, but losing to FLA makes them look really bad. FLA is awful. I told my buddy yesterday that if UK goes to college station and competes, then I am believer they are a true top 25 team this year. With their remaining schedule, they "should" be no worse than 9-3 even with a loss this weekend.

And by god, you all are due.............

I'll refrain on the competition piece right now. I thought MSU was a pretty good win, but losing to FLA makes them look really bad. FLA is awful. I told my buddy yesterday that if UK goes to college station and competes, then I am believer they are a true top 25 team this year. With their remaining schedule, they "should" be no worse than 9-3 even with a loss this weekend.

And by god, you all are due.............

We are certainly due but it's a perpetual uphill climb in the SEC historically

We have 6 seniors out of 8 in our back eight on D this year and ALL of them will play in the NFL(Allen 1st rounder). Bottom line, it's about Jimmies and the Joes...with Stoops we've averaged around 30th in recruiting the last 5 years, before him, easily into the 60s. Can't win that way in the number one recruiting conference year in and out.

took a while, but Talent is better across the board. Chalk that up to such an easy schedule and you are kidding yourselves with wishful thinking.

UK is really good on both lines.. maybe top 10 in the country. Snell is a beast. The only thing that remains to be seen is if they can truly be a great team without any hint of a passing game. There have been teams who made 90% of their living running and playing defense, so it's possible. 3 of the next 4 games will provide the answers to these questions. TAM and Mizzou on the road and UGA at home (with a win against vandy sandwiched in between). I think they're a really good team.. it is what it is. Sports are cyclical.. we're gonna suck every now and then while they shine.. and vice versa. That's just how it is.

I love the whole "The SEC is way down" talking point.

Ok fine...the SEC East isn't what it was when Urban was a Florida, Richt was at UGA, Spurrier was at Florida, and UT was still sort of relevant.

But guess what? Outside of the SEC West and Big 10 East....there aren't any other high level divisions. Power 5 football is power 5 football. Yeah, the ACC isn't as good overall when compared to the SEC...but I still respect the teams in it...its not like its the CUSA or Mountain West....the ACC is tough and filled with talent players and coaches.

If you win 9 10 games in any Power 5 league, it's something to be proud of...unless your a Bama/Ohio State who have vast talent advantages.

UK is really good on both lines.. maybe top 10 in the country. Snell is a beast. The only thing that remains to be seen is if they can truly be a great team without any hint of a passing game. There have been teams who made 90% of their living running and playing defense, so it's possible. 3 of the next 4 games will provide the answers to these questions. TAM and Mizzou on the road and UGA at home (with a win against vandy sandwiched in between). I think they're a really good team.. it is what it is. Sports are cyclical.. we're gonna suck every now and then while they shine.. and vice versa. That's just how it is.
As much as I hate to admit it, and it will probably be only for one season, UK plays man football. They line up, smack you in the pads, and beat you in the trenches....Im afraid at this point we have a bunch of pu#$ies on our team and have no clue how to play this type of football. I believe its a cultural thing. When Bobby was castrated, it trickled down to his players.

remember when giochamini (butchered the name) came out with 2 middle fingers up out of the tunnel and then we proceeded to beat the dog shit out of UK as we usually do under Petrino and quite frankly in my entire lifetime.....yea, that was Bobby 1.0

ADVERTISEMENT