ADVERTISEMENT

UK Mods Staying Busy:

73Card

1500+
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2006
"Stop it guys. The thread in question is being looked at by the mods and ultimately Justin to determine if an unsubstantiated rumor about a coaches personal life is fair game. It takes time to run it by everyone. If you don't like it then contact Justin, otherwise be patient until the all of the mods are online and in a position to talk about it."

Apparently a number of posters claiming "Insider" information have posted something related to a UK coach, that didn't sit well with the Rivals Mods. The above was posted last night. Pretty much anything related to the topic is being deleted.

I would be taking the same course of action the Mods are, really you have no choice IMO. Not sure how this is going to play out, it COULD get really ugly, really quick on their board.

Rumor was that Stoops is living in hotel for whatever reason. Happened to read it before thread was deleted.

Reactions: American Male
Coach Stoops is living in a hotel because he doesn't need anything to distract him from the big SEC game this weekend. He is 100% football and doesn't have time to help with homework Fans of schools not in the SEC just don't understand what it takes to prepare for big time College football. You just haven't experienced it.

You got so much anger and trolling going on over these days it's hard to get a handle on what's serious and what's not.

Coach Stoops is living in a hotel because he doesn't need anything to distract him from the big SEC game this weekend. He is 100% football and doesn't have time to help with homework Fans of schools not in the SEC just don't understand what it takes to prepare for big time College football. You just haven't experienced it.

Yeah....you really havent watched any football this year have you? And If I recall I think we've beaten 2 SEC teams in the last 3 years for this magical thing called a bowl. You see theres this event every year known as the post season. We dont expect you to know that happens but I feel its important for you to know theres an entire world out there you will probably never get to experience. So go back under your bridge troll, you might find Stoops there in a week or two begging for change.

Tidbits from the Lair. Stoops is living at a hotel, causing speculation about a possible morals clause violation, and a way out of the giant buyout. The "StoopsTroops" website is no longer available, under repair. Coach Brooks is coming to the game Saturday. I'm wondering if Barney is making his move....

Yeah....you really havent watched any football this year have you? And If I recall I think we've beaten 2 SEC teams in the last 3 years for this magical thing called a bowl. You see theres this event every year known as the post season. We dont expect you to know that happens but I feel its important for you to know theres an entire world out there you will probably never get to experience. So go back under your bridge troll, you might find Stoops there in a week or two begging for change.
Everyone knows the only reason SEC teams ever lose is when they are disinterested in playing teams in lesser bowls. We treat them as vacation time- heck I don't even think they practice a lot of times. A&M had a 5th string walk-on playing QB last year too.

Tidbits from the Lair. Stoops is living at a hotel, causing speculation about a possible morals clause violation, and a way out of the giant buyout. The "StoopsTroops" website is no longer available, under repair. Coach Brooks is coming to the game Saturday. I'm wondering if Barney is making his move....
We are inducting Coach Brooks into the UK hall of fame. No one has taken the Cats to greater heights. A 39-47 record shows just shows how dominant UK was during his time manning the helm.

Last edited:
We are inducting Coach Brooks into the UK hall of fame. No one has taken the Cats to greater heights. A 39-47 record shows just shows how dominant UK was during his time Manning the helm.
Don't forget about the WORLD'S RECORD three straight Music City Bowls!

Rumor I am hearing from UK friends is Stoops has some "Billy Clyde" issues. My friend is a substantial booster to UK who claims Stoops is out drinking much the same way Gillespie was at the end of his tenure. I ask if this was being started by boosters to find a cheaper way out and his response was "no, it's fact". So who knows. Either way not good to have the rumor out there.

Give credit when due. Those guys have absolutely deleted every thread - mention of this from EVERY UK board.

no need to reply to him. he is a poser, and a hysterical one as well. i laugh at almost all of his.

BTW, have a fireball shot in honor of my dad. i am in the ville right now and don't expect dad to make it through the night.

Reactions: CardMonarch
"Stop it guys. The thread in question is being looked at by the mods and ultimately Justin to determine if an unsubstantiated rumor about a coaches personal life is fair game. It takes time to run it by everyone. If you don't like it then contact Justin, otherwise be patient until the all of the mods are online and in a position to talk about it."

Apparently a number of posters claiming "Insider" information have posted something related to a UK coach, that didn't sit well with the Rivals Mods. The above was posted last night. Pretty much anything related to the topic is being deleted.

I would be taking the same course of action the Mods are, really you have no choice IMO. Not sure how this is going to play out, it COULD get really ugly, really quick on their board.
unsubstantiated rumors about other teams' coaches are fair game, however

Give credit when due. Those guys have absolutely deleted every thread - mention of this from EVERY UK board.
Rumor I am hearing from UK friends is Stoops has some "Billy Clyde" issues. My friend is a substantial booster to UK who claims Stoops is out drinking much the same way Gillespie was at the end of his tenure. I ask if this was being started by boosters to find a cheaper way out and his response was "no, it's fact". So who knows. Either way not good to have the rumor out there.

This could get real ugly fast given the amount of the contract. Interfering or the appearance of could get real ugly for someone if Stoops is indeed fired this weekend as being speculated if UK looses to SC.

Dude he's Card fan mocking SuCk fans.

So they're trying to get Stoops on the morality clause? Maybe they'll do it like Senator Geary in The Godfather 2.

"Mark, this girl has no family, nobody knows that she worked here. It'll be as if she never existed. All that's left is our friendship and you signing away the buyout."

no need to reply to him. he is a poser, and a hysterical one as well. i laugh at almost all of his.

BTW, have a fireball shot in honor of my dad. i am in the ville right now and don't expect dad to make it through the night.
Good luck to you and your dad. My prayers are with you.

Prayers to your dad and your family. Been there, done that. It isn't an easy time.

Reactions: KYCats715

Praying for your dad and family man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are inducting Coach Brooks into the UK hall of fame. No one has taken the Cats to greater heights. A 39-47 record shows just shows how dominant UK was during his time manning the helm.

Try the SEC sometime mr. MetroCUSA4100 years. Those teams would have played for a title in lousivilles leagues.

Theres a thread on a UT premium board about a particular coach at a particular school that may have knocked up a 23 year old university employee.

Uk fan and all but hit a shot of makers and said a prayer for your old man. I'm from Memphis too, teach here. Well, live in dyersburg and work in Memphis. I'm sure we can agree on how much we hate the god awful Memphis fans.

Hope he pulls it out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT