ADVERTISEMENT

UK FB SMH

I’m curious to see what comes for them.

Stoops has put together a staff that has proved it can recruit a little.

If they had recruited a real QB this season could have been really special.

That said, as “good” as their class(es) have been, they’re still at the bottom of $EC classes.

Next season will show where they are.

You are making my point exactly as to why it will be tougher for UL. It is extremely tough for UK to sustain success due to as you stated a good recruting class we are in the 10-12 range. UL will be in similar situations in the ACC, continually being in the 6-10 range.

Clint Hurtt. And you were beating up on Army, Temple and UConn every year. Even though the ACC is terrible it's still better than playing little sisters of the poor every week. Now you know what we've been going through all these years.
You clearly aren’t much of a CFB fan if you don’t know the teams that were in the BE but even still, Army, Temple and UConn football are are historically better than 7/8 of the S$C basketball programs. “What (you’ve) be going through all these years” is collecting welfare checks and beating up on HS basketball teams.

At least when UofL sucks - like this year - they do something about it. You yuts are simply content to cry about the difficulty while simultaneously sac-hanging on the rest of the conference.

You are making my point exactly as to why it will be tougher for UL. It is extremely tough for UK to sustain success due to as you stated a good recruting class we are in the 10-12 range. UL will be in similar situations in the ACC, continually being in the 6-10 range.

Out of our first 5 years in the ACC we’ve had one year where we were in that 6-10 range, and that year was the only year we didn’t go .500 or above in conference. So, how on earth can you say that UofL will continually be in that range? Stop comparing UofL football to uk football, we are not as bad as you, we had one bad year. You all are used to this kind of losing, we are not, that’s why a guy that had lost one time to uk at uofl was fired, because we don’t put up with garbage.

Reactions: BPGhost
You left out Kentucky to go along with the other teams.
56-10. And just so you remember we beat you 4 years in a row not too long ago before we were Jokered. I say that because I am awaiting your response saying that you were Kragthorped. He had to clean up Petrino's mess the first time. We'll see if CSS can do better the second time.

The kitties lost to a horrible TENNESSEE team this season. We stink, but they’re nothing special. They beat Middle Tennessee by what, 10 @ home? And App State smoked Middle. The current gap is small, the Cards beat them in two years or less.

56-10. And just so you remember we beat you 4 years in a row not too long ago before we were Jokered. I say that because I am awaiting your response saying that you were Kragthorped. He had to clean up Petrino's mess the first time. We'll see if CSS can do better the second time.
Actually joker is on par winning percentage wise with 90% of your coaches all time.

Actually joker is on par winning percentage wise with 90% of your coaches all time.
That's because we were smart enough to cut bait after 3 years. He rode Brooks' coattails his first two years but it was clear where the program was headed. He torpedoed the program into the toilet after Brooks made us respectable.

That's because we were smart enough to cut bait after 3 years. He rode Brooks' coattails his first two years but it was clear where the program was headed. He torpedoed the program into the toilet after Brooks made us respectable.
Respectable? Maybe in Cayut fans mind.

Sub .500 all time team thinking they’re Alabama after one season. SMH, indeed.
Barely over .500 all time thinking they're going to rebound from 2-10. After barely beating the only FBS team they could manage a win over and having no recruiting class and tons of defections.

The o/u next year on you all will be 1 win.

He finished 4th and 1st in his first two years of coaching in the Southern Conference. UK was one of 13 members that left in 1932 to form the SEC. In fact the teams that would form the SEC held a 6 to 5 advantage in basketball championships over those that would form the ACC in 1953 while the ACC held a 6 to 5 in the SOCON tourny. It isn't as you claim.
They just make stuff up as they go. Damn the facts.

It's hilarious to watch.

What a pathetic life you must lead to be here on Christmas day with the sole purpose of insulting people you don't know.
Go easy on him, he had no control with who his ancestors kicked boots with.

I find it amazing that he didn’t mention the football teams 2.1 gpa, that’s got ineligible players written all over it. And I am not laughing at the kids, just the dumba$$ crazy.

we are so awful... Yet the winning percentages between the 2 programs are almost identical. Us having played in the best conference over the past 80 years and you all... Barely playing.

Haha, you can keep living in neverland as long as you want, it’s way better than reality for your program.

Now after finally getting into a Power 5 conference, let’s see how UofL fairs against quality competition every week instead of an occasional match-up with a major conference team. All those double digit season wins came against C-USA/Big East/AAC teams where Louisville was the big fish in a small pond. Winning in those leagues was so easy that even the coach you all ran out of town could win against that competition.

Now you have to play major teams every week in conference play, it ain’t that easy is it? Depth on both sides of the ball is going to be a major concern for the foreseeable future. I would be more concerned about falling into another Kragthorpian era than I would be about what UK is doing. For years everyone had their laughs about UK football but I would hope UofL fans are smart enough to realize those days are long gone and it will be years before UofL reaches UK’s present level. I thought the mess that Stoops inherited from Joker was the worst situation any new HC could be put into. But I was wrong. What Petrino left Satterfield with borders on criminal.

Anyone who thinks UofL will be close to competitive on the field in the next 5 years after a 2-10 record (that was actually a whole lot worse than it really was), is looking thru red tinted glasses.

Now after finally getting into a Power 5 conference, let’s see how UofL fairs against quality competition every week instead of an occasional match-up with a major conference team. All those double digit season wins came against C-USA/Big East/AAC teams where Louisville was the big fish in a small pond. Winning in those leagues was so easy that even the coach you all ran out of town could win against that competition.

Now you have to play major teams every week in conference play, it ain’t that easy is it? Depth on both sides of the ball is going to be a major concern for the foreseeable future. I would be more concerned about falling into another Kragthorpian era than I would be about what UK is doing. For years everyone had their laughs about UK football but I would hope UofL fans are smart enough to realize those days are long gone and it will be years before UofL reaches UK’s present level. I thought the mess that Stoops inherited from Joker was the worst situation any new HC could be put into. But I was wrong. What Petrino left Satterfield with borders on criminal.

Anyone who thinks UofL will be close to competitive on the field in the next 5 years after a 2-10 record (that was actually a whole lot worse than it really was), is looking thru red tinted glasses.
Hey sweetie pie, we went 7-1 in conference two years ago. You’re just dumb and have a losers mentality.

Last edited:
We know we sucked. UK will be dominated by Penn State and dropping off drastically next year. Your program is nowhere near the reload stage.

Jury's out on the Penn St game but it's about a TD spread so Vegas and bettors don't think it will be a domination.

We shall see on next year but we like our foundation and depth on the LOS. still lots of talent on the roster. UL surely didn't have talent on LOs last year and won't for the foreseeable future .

Jury's out on the Penn St game but it's about a TD spread so Vegas and bettors don't think it will be a domination.

We shall see on next year but we like our foundation and depth on the LOS. still lots of talent on the roster. UL surely didn't have talent on LOs last year and won't for the foreseeable future .
We had pretty much the same guys that beat y’all 44-17 the year before, our coaches quit on this team. Don’t be so cocky my little furry friend, one season to another can be drastically different.

We had pretty much the same guys that beat y’all 44-17 the year before, our coaches quit on this team. Don’t be so cocky my little furry friend, one season to another can be drastically different.

I expect UL will be better next year and Sat is clearly a pretty good coach. but you're crazy if you think the vast majority of the issue was coaching this year.

You lost the best QB to ever play at UL and one of the best ever in CFB history. you also lost a 1st round shut down corner, your best LB, DT, OL and a bunch of other Defensive starters.
you still don't have a QB, OL, or Dline. and you're depth looks even worse. but we'll see how it plays out

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
I expect UL will be better next year and Sat is clearly a pretty good coach. but you're crazy if you think the vast majority of the issue was coaching this year.

You lost the best QB to ever play at UL and one of the best ever in CFB history. you also lost a 1st round shut down corner, your best LB, DT, OL and a bunch of other Defensive starters.
you still don't have a QB, OL, or Dline. and you're depth looks even worse. but we'll see how it plays out
You guys lose your best running back, offensive guard, and linebacker, in the history of Kentucky football. Y’all had a good season, but even with those guys you struggled against everyone that had a coach. MTSU outplayed y’all after the two early turnovers.

You guys are a 6-6 or 7-5 team masquerading as a 9-3 team. I’m not going to trash your team anymore, but your whole season was based on ugly games against a very average P5 schedule.

Those three are NOT the best to ever play at uk. They are good, and going to play in the league, but not the best ever.

But.....they do have the luck of playing in the weakest three year $EC East in history. :eek:

Reactions: Mayoman
Those three are NOT the best to ever play at uk. They are good, and going to play in the league, but not the best ever.

But.....they do have the luck of playing in the weakest three year $EC East in history. :eek:
They are the only first team all Americans at their positions, how are they not the best?

They are first team AA’s because they had the “luxury” of the weakest SEC east.

I’m really not trying to argue. I’m with you. For all the AAs they have your think they’d be in the FF.

As far as LBs first comes to mind is Joe Federspiel (Louisville Desales HS). He was with the Saints for over ten years.

RBs Moe Williams, Marc Logan and Mark Hicks all had good NFL careers.

They are the first “unanimous” picks since Derrick Abney in ‘02.

You have to go back to the 50s and 60 s for an OL AA

We’ll see what they do as pros, but they can thank the SEC for some of their awards.

You guys lose your best running back, offensive guard, and linebacker, in the history of Kentucky football. Y’all had a good season, but even with those guys you struggled against everyone that had a coach. MTSU outplayed y’all after the two early turnovers.

You guys are a 6-6 or 7-5 team masquerading as a 9-3 team. I’m not going to trash your team anymore, but your whole season was based on ugly games against a very average P5 schedule.

Yeah, Larry Warford, current All Pro for New Orleans Saints at OG says hello...he is by far the best OG we've had in the 30+ years I've been watching. Bunchy Stallings is good but far from dominant. Our Oline is big, experienced and deep. Our only 5 star recruit ever(Young at LT) had to RS and didn't even play this year.

Allen will be very hard to replace but we are big and deep at DL and LB. actually looki mg forward to Rose at RB. he's much more dynamic. and think our QB will take a good step forward.
And not sure how you call any SEC schedule where we played 5 ranked teams(beating 3) average. next year's schedule looks easier first blush.

Reactions: rockycard
Yeah, Larry Warford, current All Pro for New Orleans Saints at OG says hello...he is by far the best OG we've had in the 30+ years I've been watching. Bunchy Stallings is good but far from dominant. Our Oline is big, experienced and deep. Our only 5 star recruit ever(Young at LT) had to RS and didn't even play this year.

Allen will be very hard to replace but we are big and deep at DL and LB. actually looki mg forward to Rose at RB. he's much more dynamic. and think our QB will take a good step forward.
And not sure how you call any SEC schedule where we played 5 ranked teams(beating 3) average. next year's schedule looks easier first blush.
Good grief, you guys are in for a rude awakening next year. Even with 8 home games, you’re going to be a .500 team.

Reactions: Rollem Cards

Was Warford a 1st team all American in college? Nope, he grew as a player in the NFL. Johnny Unitas was a good college player here, but he was a great professional. See the difference?

Reactions: Rollem Cards
ADVERTISEMENT