ADVERTISEMENT

U of L continues to rack up big expenses that are hard to explain...

the artist FKA zipp

4500+
Gold Member
May 29, 2022
In this instance, more legal stuff years after the fact... LINK

When you can't raise enough revenue, your situation is compounded by inexplicable spending. Staying on legal, why did we spend over a million in FY2022 on PIzza Guy? (See the contingency footnote at the bottom of page 10 in this LINK.)

An operation that was supposed to be transparent and responsible has proven to be anything but.

If you get a phone call this Summer for an NIL donation, you might wanna keep that in mind. Where I come from, they call that "good money after bad". And it's not our responsibility to bail out bad management...

In the other thread on this category, I touched a bit on this same situation Zipp. UL is not alone in this scenario, other schools are discovering that when cost exceeds revenue, it becomes evident the future is not sustainable.

Its too early in this process to know how this will eventually play out, but unlike the Federal Government, UL cannot print money and there is going to be consequences for fiscal irresponsible behavior.

Sure there are always macro issues. And the current administration inherited issues like the NCAA that they have to deal with.

But you have to bring it home to your own operation eventually. We're five years into a "new" (becoming old) regime that has to be evaluated at some point.

My contention has been that revenue shortfalls are one thing, overspending is another. We're in a financial fix because of a combination of the two.

And spending is at the heart of the CJ piece and a ridiculous decision to buy out Pizza Guy, a decision that we're apparently STILL paying millions for.

Not to mention in the still waiting category, that stadium doesn't have a new name on it...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT