ADVERTISEMENT

U of L C-19 financial cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I think this is going to happen on a large scale. We won’t be the only ones doing this.

I'll blame "Vince" for excessively spending millions the last couple of years, only one million of which would have kept these four coaches making their full paychecks.

Thankfully, none of the coaches involved will see it that way... o_O

A nice, round $50 million...
Two-Year-Change.jpg

Can you provide some narrative behind the big increase expense for Football and for Support Services? Are those extraordinary one time increases or has there been some fundamental change going forward?

Can you provide some narrative behind the big increase expense for Football and for Support Services? Are those extraordinary one time increases or has there been some fundamental change going forward?
I believe football is where they took the hit for Petrino's buyout all in one year. Of course some on here will blame it on Tyra saying he didn't have to honor the old contract that was written under the old regime.

Petrino $14 million
Jurich $7+ million
Pizza Guy $9+ million
Former assistants, a few million

So where did the other $15-20 million get spent? Revenue BTW was down around $5 million in those two years combined.

U of L athletics net worth is down around $30 million since "Vince" arrived.

Yeah, let's max out that guy's bonus...

Petrino $14 million
Jurich $7+ million
Pizza Guy $9+ million

So where did the other $15-20 million get spent? Revenue BTW was down around $5 million in those two years combined.

That's what i want you to show what you showed is nothing we didn't know. You haven't proven anything but what you continue to say . I want to see this mystery over expenditure of 15-20 mil. Were is the line item's ? I'm sure you have this info ! I'm not privy nor have access to U of L's finances as you seem to have.

Last edited:
That's what i want you to show what you showed is nothing we didn't know. You haven't proven anything but what you continue to say . I want to see this mystery over expenditure of 15-20 mil. Were is the line item's ? I'm sure you have this info ! I'm not privy nor have access to U of L's finances as you seem to have.
You've got the line items that U of L reports above. I don't work in their Finance Dept.

And the numbers don't add up. Net off those buyouts, you're still left with many millions that "Vince" spent without incoming revenue to offset it. That's why we're in the financial hole we're in. As everyone is saying, the virus is just the pin that popped the bubble...

Petrino $14 million
Jurich $7+ million
Pizza Guy $9+ million

And who wrote Petrino's contract? So he should have not been fired?

And who wrote Petrino's contract? So he should have not been fired?
No one incl. "Vince" gets a new hand of cards. You play the ones you're dealt, no excuses.

"Vince" and the clowns made assumptions that haven't panned out. They assumed there was plenty of money to do what they wanted. They assumed most fans would be remain in the canoe. They assumed fans they lost could be replaced. They assumed they'd recoup money spent for huge buyouts. None of that has happened to the degree needed for us to be in good financial condition.

And that's on them. They made the decisions that led us to this point. They had millions in the bank, now they have zero. Someone's responsible, clown show apologists don't wanna accept that fact...

Last edited:
And that's on them. They made the decisions that led us to this point. They had millions in the bank, now they have zero. Someone's responsible, clown show apologists don't wanna accept that fact...

Quote of the year I'm done !

Reactions: Art79
Furloughs coming tomorrow. Finances in the crapper...

The University of Cincinnati Department of Athletics is discontinuing its men's soccer program immediately, Director of Athletics John Cunningham announced Tuesday.

"This was a difficult decision, but one made with the long-term interests of UC Athletics at the forefront," Cunningham said. "During this time of profound challenges and widespread uncertainty,

Harvard Announces Salary, Hiring Freezes and Other Spending Cuts
  • an immediate salary freeze for all exempt (non-union) employees and a hiring freeze, University-wide;
  • cancellation or deferral of discretionary spending; and
  • review of all capital projects “to determine which ones should be deferred.”
The three senior University leaders are reducing their salaries by 25 percent, and “Other senior leadership of the University—including all School deans, vice presidents, and vice provosts—are responding by either reducing their salaries or contributing to a new fund that we are establishing in partnership with the Harvard University Employees Credit Union. Details of the fund, which will provide financial support to employees facing economic hardship because of the coronavirus, will be announced in the coming weeks.”

Last edited:
I'll blame "Vince" for excessively spending millions the last couple of years, only one million of which would have kept these four coaches making their full paychecks.

Thankfully, none of the coaches involved will see it that way... o_O

Bendapudi said the university faces a $40 million shortfall in the final three months of its fiscal year, which ends June 30, because of the pandemic.

She said the sources of the shortfall are:

- U of L Health's forced cancellation of elective medical and dentistry procedures

- The cancellation of the NCAA basketball tournament

- The university's decision to charge regular tuition for the online-only summer term, instead of the higher online tuition rate

- "The refunds we will provide as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic"

Besides the pay reductions, Bendapudi said the university is planning several steps to cuts expenses:

- Freezing hiring except for "only the most critical of positions

- Asking university budget units to "practice fiscal restraint, including limiting spending on supplies, equipment, etc., to only truly essential items"

No one incl. "Vince" gets a new hand of cards. You play the ones you're dealt, no excuses.

"Vince" and the clowns made assumptions that haven't panned out. They assumed there was plenty of money to do what they wanted. They assumed most fans would be remain in the canoe. They assumed fans they lost could be replaced. They assumed they'd recoup money spent for huge buyouts. None of that has happened to the degree needed for us to be in good financial condition.

And who approved the contracts with the huge buyouts? So we should have kept Petrino?

Reactions: teamcanada
And who approved the contracts with the huge buyouts? So we should have kept Petrino?
That's the hand of cards they were dealt. Don't whine because they couldn't play those cards...

The University of Cincinnati Department of Athletics...

Harvard Announces...

The three senior University leaders are reducing their salaries by 25 percent...
That's the problem. We're comparing our athletics situation to those at Cincy and Harvard and Iowa State. That's now our standard.

And how much does 25% represent? Our athletics cuts were $1.3 million.
Bendapudi said the university faces a $40 million shortfall in the final three months of its fiscal year, which ends June 30, because of the pandemic...
When the clowns took over, we had that much in the bank. In athletics alone. And the ULF was throwing off millions annually.

Clowns killed the golden goose, some argue intentionally. I claim due to incompetence.

But hey, tomorrow's layoffs should help... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

According to zipp we should have wanted to have Petrino win maybe 2 games instead of the 8 Satterfield did. Its Tyra’s fault for not making that happen and Jurich gets no blame for giving Petrino an extension with a huge buyout unnecessarily.

That's the problem. We're comparing our athletics situation to those at Cincy and Harvard and Iowa State. That's now our standard.

And how much does 25% represent? Our athletics cuts were $1.3 million.

When the clowns took over, we had that much in the bank. In athletics alone. And the ULF was throwing of millions annually.

Clowns killed the golden goose, some argue intentionally. I claim due to incompetence.

But hey, tomorrow's layoffs should help... :rolleyes:[/QUOTEStill waiting on proof of Tyra wasting millions as you claim. Because you can't as usual and i was just giving an example of other schools struggling financially also . I knew you be good for a good laugh.

According to zipp we should have wanted to have Petrino win maybe 2 games instead of the 8 Satterfield did. Its Tyra’s fault for not making that happen and Jurich gets no blame for giving Petrino an extension with a huge buyout unnecessarily.
According to ‘zipp’, a clown AD spent millions of dollars to fix a problem that he didn’t have a clue whether he could pay for. He simply had the money at one time.

Could sure use that money now...

Still waiting on proof of Tyra wasting millions as you claim. Because you can't as usual and i was just giving an example of other schools struggling financially also . I knew you be good for a good laugh.
Assuming you can read a financial statement, I already showed you where “Vince” has outspent his predecessor by tens of millions.

Who knows what he’s spending the money on, he’s not telling us. He’s evidently being transparent...

Assuming you can read a financial statement, I already showed you where “Vince” has outspent his predecessor by tens of millions.

Who knows what he’s spending the money on, he’s not telling us. He’s evidently being transparent...
SMH now it's who knows what he's spending it on ! Your like that old spinning toy just going around and around . Figure you knew thought you and Jurich were buddys.

SMH now it's who knows what he's spending it on ! Your like that old spinning toy just going around and around . Figure you knew thought you and Jurich were buddys.
You said “wasting”, I didn’t. I just know it’s money gone with your boy, “Vince”...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT