ADVERTISEMENT

Tyra Nominated to Chair of ACC Athletic Directors

I think the cash balance hits are primarily related to contract buyouts, legal expenses and donor uncertainty due to scandals/fatigue. Unfortunately we will most likely be adding COVID concerns to that list.
"Vince" has spent $50 million more the last two fiscal years--not including 2020 yet--than was being spent before he arrived. You ain't matching that number up to buyouts and legal expenses.

He's responsible for donors, and he said his job "wasn't about one guy."

As I said or implied,"Vince" can't make any mistakes in your world...

As long as clown show apologists are gonna maintain none of the bad ish is "Vince's" fault, any recent athletic performance and academic progress simply carried over from momentum of the prior regime. You ain't havin' it both ways.

And I wonder what I'd hear if I ask McDonnell or Walz or Albiero how much of their team's performance they credit to "Vince". I do hear one of them occasionally mention his predecessor...

I am not willing to say that "none of the bad ish is Vince's fault" but I am very willing to say that most of pthe roblems in UofL Athletics are the fault of the previous guy who you seem to love.

But you keep on being you zipper. Not sure why you really post on a UofL FAN board since you seem to never have anything positive to say.

I am not willing to say that "none of the bad ish is Vince's fault" but I am very willing to say that most of pthe roblems in UofL Athletics are the fault of the previous guy who you seem to love.

But you keep on being you zipper. Not sure why you really post on a UofL FAN board since you seem to never have anything positive to say.
On this good-bad analysis stuff, I get a chuckle from clown show apologists who would prefer to talk about Jurich instead of "Vince".

I've mostly moved on from Jurich since there's so much now to talk about for your new boy. But apologists seem to want to keep a foot on both sides of most issues as it suits their narratives.

So let's talk about the bad ish that's "Vince's" fault that you SAY you're ready to acknowledge. I'm down for that...

On this good-bad analysis stuff, I get a chuckle from clown show apologists who would prefer to talk about Jurich instead of "Vince".

I've mostly moved on from Jurich since there's so much now to talk about for your new boy. But apologists seem to want to keep a foot on both sides of most issues as it suits their narratives.

So let's talk about the bad ish that's "Vince's" fault that you SAY you're ready to acknowledge. I'm down for that...

Of course you’d prefer to move on from Jurich. That way, you don’t have to talk about both sets of NCAA basketball violations that occurred on his watch and the Bobby Petrino contract he wrote.

If you’re gonna play here and take the stances you do, no way do you get to move on from talking about Jurich and the mess he left us with until all of that is in the past. At this point, we’re at best 67% done with those issues.

Like him or not, until the ink is dry on the final committee of infractions report on the second set of NCAA violations, Tyra is getting a free pass on his skills as an athletic director. No amount of zipp “clown show” rants is going to change that - but by all means, please keep entertaining us.

Of course you’d prefer to move on from Jurich. That way, you don’t have to talk about both sets of NCAA basketball violations that occurred on his watch and the Bobby Petrino contract he wrote.

If you’re gonna play here and take the stances you do, no way do you get to move on from talking about Jurich and the mess he left us with until all of that is in the past. At this point, we’re at best 67% done with those issues.

Like him or not, until the ink is dry on the final committee of infractions report on the second set of NCAA violations, Tyra is getting a free pass on his skills as an athletic director. No amount of zipp “clown show” rants is going to change that - but by all means, please keep entertaining us.
I didn't need more evidence... Like I said, apologists generally don't believe "Vince" can make a mistake. It's comical while he makes so many.

But hey, I'm down for talking about Jurich as well. I simply hear this contradictory advice to move on from the past. And this advice comes from the very people who refuse to do that. Excuse me for pointing that out...

Last edited:
If Vince can show me the money I am good with him but right now we are in a decline financially. Unfortunately the decline is getting worse and worse I hope something good financially happens soon.

Reactions: zipp
You're doing the same thing--trying to dodge clown performance. THIS thread is about one of them...
Clown's performance "your words" is pretty good considering the mess and NCAA problems the prior crooks left us in.
Tell me another AD in a power 5 school who inherited a bigger mess?

Clown's performance "your words" is pretty good considering the mess and NCAA problems the prior crooks left us in.
Tell me another AD in a power 5 school who inherited a bigger mess?
I can point out the guy who's increased his spending the most. Silly me, I thought overspending would be the least of our problems...

I can point out the guy who's increased his spending the most. Silly me, I thought overspending would be the least of our problems...
$14M + was on the other AD and so is the $$ in legal fees to defend the case with NCAA

$14M + was on the other AD and so is the $$ in legal fees to defend the case with NCAA
How about the FIFTY million extra he spent in 2018-2019?

Try to pin that on Petrino's buyout and legal expenses--all of which "Vince" CHOSE to write a check for anyway...

How about the FIFTY million extra he spent in 2018-2019?

Try to pin that on Petrino's buyout and legal expenses--all of which "Vince" CHOSE to write a check for anyway...

how about the $41 million he DIDN’T spend on Pitino’s contract?

please remind me again which NCAA rules that Petrino violated, which would have allowed him to terminate for cause....

how about the $41 million he DIDN’T spend on Pitino’s contract?

please remind me again which NCAA rules that Petrino violated, which would have allowed him to terminate for cause....
Pitino bailed out U of L, and that had nothing to do with "Vince". But let me know if you're gonna put the Pitino situation in his lap because I've got some other stats for "Vince" I wanna update such as coaching attrition. You don't save opportunity costs on an accounting statement anyway.

How many rules did Les Miles (LSU) and Danny Manning (Wake) violate? That's a red herring...

“Pitino bailed out U of L,“

Lol
What do you call dropping a $40 million lawsuit with no financial consideration? It was a huge, surprising gift that no one at U of L is getting credit for...

What do you call dropping a $40 million lawsuit with no financial consideration? It was a huge, surprising gift that no one at U of L is getting credit for...

He got what he deserved so I wasn’t surprised. Unfortunately based on the sanctions Ok State just got I’m afraid his “gift” will have more far ranging consequences for UofL.

Reactions: teamcanada
Yaaaaaaaaawwwn....another pissing match I see with Gods gift to UofL Athletics. Wake me up when football season starts. :D:rolleyes:

As I remarked on the other side of the paywall, this says more about the ADs in the ACC than it does about "Vince". I'm sure his mother thinks he's a great guy as well.

Maybe u should spend more time on the other side of that wall. C’mon zipper, half your posts on the free board recently have been arguing against Vince, the other half have been arguing in defense of Todd Sharp. Neither argument is working out well for you.

Reactions: Mayoman
"Vince" has spent $50 million more the last two fiscal years--not including 2020 yet--than was being spent before he arrived. You ain't matching that number up to buyouts and legal expenses.

He's responsible for donors, and he said his job "wasn't about one guy."

As I said or implied,"Vince" can't make any mistakes in your world...
how did he spend $50m more than Jurich would have?

You know damn good and well Pitino looks out for himself. There is a reason why he did this and it will come out.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
Maybe u should spend more time on the other side of that wall. C’mon zipper, half your posts on the free board recently have been arguing against Vince, the other half have been arguing in defense of Todd Sharp. Neither argument is working out well for you.
Hey, are you going to bail your boy Sharp out today?

Sharp was pulled over and arrested by NA police last week and then I’m pretty sure he got busted again by Floyd County sheriffs Friday.

That guy has some demons. But in no way, shape, or form it’s VTs fault. Sharp was sliding into the abyss way before he got canned.

Reactions: kentuckyshame
You know damn good and well Pitino looks out for himself. There is a reason why he did this and it will come out.
It doesn't matter why he did it. U of L had nothing to do with it.
I've asked if someone's gonna be looking after him, it won't be me.

Sharp is just another "Vince" issue for me.
how did he spend $50m more than Jurich would have?
Jurich's final year was fiscal year 2017.

ULAA cash expenses from their audited annual reports:

2017 - $98.6 million
2018 - $113.1 million
2018 - $133.8 million

Compared to 2017, that's a combined increase for 2018 and 2019--new expenses--of $49.7 million. I rounded off...

Last edited:
"Vince" ain't answering tough questions.

And none of Sharp's ish was before his firing.

I like those arguments...

...Sharp was sliding into the abyss way before he got canned.
I don't know of any evidence for that. He had 16 years at U of L without incident.

All successful people make other people unhappy along the way. Comes with the territory...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT