ADVERTISEMENT

Tyra Nominated to Chair of ACC Athletic Directors

tenor.gif

This will help the university in the long run with gaining financial support of future and past backers. They will see that their money will be put to use the right way. Ensures trust . Just watch .

Is this the same AD that is running U of L's athletic department into the ground and has no idea how to run anything?

Something tells me that the other AD's have done their research on Tyra and are impressed with his business acumen.

As I remarked on the other side of the paywall, this says more about the ADs in the ACC than it does about "Vince". I'm sure his mother thinks he's a great guy as well.
This will help the university in the long run with gaining financial support of future and past backers. They will see that their money will be put to use the right way. Ensures trust . Just watch .
I've been watching for three years, and that donor money keeps disappearing. This so-called "news" is fluff that no one with real money will likely pay attention to. It just feeds the narrative of clown show apologists.
Is this the same AD that is running U of L's athletic department into the ground and has no idea how to run anything?

Something tells me that the other AD's have done their research on Tyra and are impressed with his business acumen.
I've got actual financial data if you wanna restart that debate. My guess is that most ADs don't have a clue how badly U of L's finances have been managed lately...

As I remarked on the other side of the paywall, this says more about the ADs in the ACC than it does about "Vince". I'm sure his mother thinks he's a great guy as well.

I've been watching for three years, and that donor money keeps disappearing. This so-called "news" is fluff that no one with real money will likely pay attention to. It just feeds the narrative of clown show apologists.

I've got actual financial data if you wanna restart that debate. My guess is that most ADs don't have a clue how badly U of L's finances have been managed lately...
Sounds like maybe you should put your hat in the ring and get one of these AD jobs .However I doubt you could effectively run a fast food joint of teenagers. Why don't you just either concede that your wrong about the man or just stop making all these false narratives about him ruining U of L. Because as time goes on more articles are being written showing nothing but positive things about how he is doing things. Your looking less creditable by every keystroke you post.

Last edited:
Sounds like maybe you should put your hat in the ring and get one of these AD jobs .However I doubt you could effectively run a fast food joint of teenagers. Why don't you just either concede that your wrong about the man or just stop making all these false narratives about him ruining U of L. Because as time goes on more articles are being written showing nothing but positive things about how he is doing things. Your looking less creditable by every keystroke you post.
What "positive things" has he done? I'm reading nothing but fluff, and I'd love to debate those actual accomplishments...

What "positive things" has he done? I'm reading nothing but fluff, and I'd love to debate those actual accomplishments...[/QUOT
2 good hires with basketball and football coach. Tell me an AD in a Power 5 conference that took over with as many NCAA issues as UL?

2 good hires with basketball and football coach. Tell me an AD in a Power 5 conference that took over with as many NCAA issues as UL?
He hired two coaches he could get. He's paying Mack 80% of what Pitino was making, and Satterfield was his 2nd choice. As U of L AD, YOU could have hired those two guys for what they're paid.

"Vince" has been here almost three years. I hope you have better accomplishments than those two...

Before the spring sports season was cancelled UofL in 2019-2020 was on pace to achieve its highest Directors Cup standing in school history. A great stable of coaches, great facilities, superb administrative leadership and strong community support continue to yield great results. Well done AD Tyra and President Neeli B!!!

He hired two coaches he could get. He's paying Mack 80% of what Pitino was making, and Satterfield was his 2nd choice. As U of L AD, YOU could have hired those two guys for what they're paid.

"Vince" has been here almost three years. I hope you have better accomplishments than those two...

Showing a lack of understanding the hiring process here Zipp.

Not many programs get their "first choice" when they go fishing for a new coach.

You think Archie Miller was IU's first choice? You think Mick Cronin was UCLA's first choice? Everybody remember when Billy D was house hunting in Lexington? LOLOLOLOL!!!!! We're talking bout the Cats man!

As for football, oh brother job searches can go much more crooked than the UofL to SS endgame. How bout the might Fighting Irish George O'Leary fiasco. Or Tenn recently. Or gasp, the big boy Longhorns ending up with Charlie Strong, their fans were depressed by that one... The list of "better programs" than UofL football getting yanked around during the hiring process is a lengthy one man! Candidates leverage to get more $, etc it's THE business. Programs "settle" for choices way down the initial "starter list" conjured up by the blowhard out of touch fans. The fanboys!

It's so easy "YOU" could have done it LOLOL... sure thing buddy.

Before the spring sports season was cancelled UofL in 2019-2020 was on pace to achieve its highest Directors Cup standing in school history. A great stable of coaches, great facilities, superb administrative leadership and strong community support continue to yield great results. Well done AD Tyra and President Neeli B!!!
As long as clown show apologists are gonna maintain none of the bad ish is "Vince's" fault, any recent athletic performance and academic progress simply carried over from momentum of the prior regime. You ain't havin' it both ways.

And I wonder what I'd hear if I ask McDonnell or Walz or Albiero how much of their team's performance they credit to "Vince". I do hear one of them occasionally mention his predecessor...

Showing a lack of understanding the hiring process here Zipp.

Not many programs get their "first choice" when they go fishing for a new coach.

You think Archie Miller was IU's first choice? You think Mick Cronin was UCLA's first choice? Everybody remember when Billy D was house hunting in Lexington? LOLOLOLOL!!!!! We're talking bout the Cats man!

As for football, oh brother job searches can go much more crooked than the UofL to SS endgame. How bout the might Fighting Irish George O'Leary fiasco. Or Tenn recently. Or gasp, the big boy Longhorns ending up with Charlie Strong, their fans were depressed by that one... The list of "better programs" than UofL football getting yanked around during the hiring process is a lengthy one man! Candidates leverage to get more $, etc it's THE business. Programs "settle" for choices way down the initial "starter list" conjured up by the blowhard out of touch fans. The fanboys!

It's so easy "YOU" could have done it LOLOL... sure thing buddy.
Don't lose track of the context here... How many of those programs and ADs are getting attaboys for landing their second choices? Any examples beyond the fanboys in their fanbases (which is the "evidence" here)??

You give me $4 million to bring Mack from Xavier, or let me quadruple Satterfield's salary at Appy State. I'll take a shot at those assignments. Maybe I couldn't get Brohm from Purdue for comparable money. But look at who else didn't get that job done, and he's paid a little more than I am...LOL.

As long as clown show apologists are gonna maintain none of the bad ish is "Vince's" fault, any recent athletic performance and academic progress simply carried over from momentum of the prior regime. You ain't havin' it both ways.

And I wonder what I'd hear if I ask McDonnell or Walz or Albiero how much of their team's performance they credit to "Vince". I do hear one of them occasionally mention his predecessor...

I don’t want it both ways. I think Tom Jurich has a significant role in the current athletic success. I also happen to believe he shoulders a lot of blame for the issues that transpired and that the university is still digging itself out of.

Reactions: BPGhost and Art79
You give me $4 million to bring Mack from Xavier

How much much money was it going to take to get a good coach under your leadership ? Oh i forgot Tom would have got him for 2 mil just because he's the greatest AD ever right!
His leadership is what has drove the cost up for an supposedly alleged mediocre hire according too you. No coach worthy of hire would have taken this job for anything less .

Don't lose track of the context here... How many of those programs and ADs are getting attaboys for landing their second choices? Any examples beyond the fanboys in their fanbases (which is the "evidence" here)??

Texas has their own actual network, their fans are constantly slapping themselves on the back for anything they do. Those programs I listed have much larger fanbases, so there are probably louder cheers and jeers for those programs than what you see in these parts. And fans of those programs have massive superiority complexes. You paint the picture of this message board to be "out of line" with the standard message board at other places and it's far from that really. I've never understood that fight you make here but it's okay not everything needs to be understood. Mysteries are fascinating.

And the NCAA problems as you say "simply carried over from prior regime".

Reactions: Art79
I don’t want it both ways. I think Tom Jurich has a significant role in the current athletic success. I also happen to believe he shoulders a lot of blame for the issues that transpired and that the university is still digging itself out of.
You're trying to change the discussion from the clowns. You said they were doing a good job...
AND you said you don't want it both ways. So I assume you're blaming the same people for U of L's financial problems...

And the NCAA problems as you say "simply carried over from prior regime".
You're doing the same thing--trying to dodge clown performance. THIS thread is about one of them...

You give me $4 million to bring Mack from Xavier

How much much money was it going to take to get a good coach under your leadership ? Oh i forgot Tom would have got him for 2 mil just because he's the greatest AD ever right!
His leadership is what has drove the cost up for an supposedly alleged mediocre hire according too you. No coach worthy of hire would have taken this job for anything less .
Again, follow the narrative of clown show apologists...

In a thread attempting to eulogize "Vince", they want to give him credit for hiring Mack. That was NOT a great accomplishment; as I like to say, that was a guy just doing his job and "pushing buttons". IOW, he was simply meeting requirements and getting a result most any AD in this job could have done...

...You paint the picture of this message board to be "out of line" with the standard message board at other places and it's far from that really. I've never understood that fight you make here...
It's because you're missing the message. Yeah, it's damning by faint praise, but I doubt fans in this space are any more delusional than their peers at other schools. (And I say that with no evidence either way...)

I DO think that fans here are more of the fanboy variety than our fanbase at large. And we all know many fans who don't post here. I don't hear anywhere near the pro-"Vince" talk elsewhere that I do here. Just tonite in fact, I was with a small group drinking and dining that included two current U of L employees, one in athletics. A lotta U of L talk, and no mention of "Vince" or anyone else in management.

We have a small group of people here who can't get over Ramsey, Pitino, and Petrino. Too many even try to rewrite some of Jurich's extraordinary history. Substitute other names, and I'm sure that same delusion exists elsewhere. But I'm only interested in how it translates at U of L...

Tom Jurich.

I don't hear anywhere near the pro-"Vince" talk elsewhere that I do here. .

You can't lack self awareness to this degree. You flood the board talking about the guy people just respond to you. After years (incredibly), you now have a few guys trolling you, and going out of their way to take the other side of your redundant argument.

Fans off this board have never brought up Vince around me, or vice versa.

You can't lack self awareness to this degree. You flood the board talking about the guy people just respond to you. After years (incredibly), you now have a few guys trolling you, and going out of their way to take the other side of your redundant argument.

Fans off this board have never brought up Vince around me, or vice versa.
LOL... You just made my point. I only see "Vince" statues being erected in this space. Like this thread, I'm responding to them.

Great amusement--and anyone doing it, keep it up...

LOL... You just made my point. I only see "Vince" statues being erected in this space. Like this thread, I'm responding to them.

Great amusement--and anyone doing it, keep it up...

You started it. They do it all for you. Take it as a badge of honor.

Nope. Just a big UofL fan who can see multiple sides of issues. One who celebrates successes and can acknowledge failures.
Speaking of which, you didn't answer my "have it both ways" question in post #25.

By the way, I heard from a former U of L athletics employee that this ACC "chair" position is rotational. IOW, this recognition could simply be that "Vince" raised his hand first. I'll ROTFLMAO if I can verify that...

Speaking of which, you didn't answer my "have it both ways" question in post #25.

By the way, I heard from a former U of L athletics employee that this ACC "chair" position is rotational. IOW, this recognition could simply be that "Vince" raised his hand first. I'll ROTFLMAO if I can verify that...
Nobody on here is stupid we all know it rotates . People on here are just sitting back laughing at you . Something i've noticed their would be some posters that would back up every little unfounded argument you made. They have seemed to either went into witness protection or just realize the silliness you spit out.

Nobody on here is stupid we all know it rotates . People on here are just sitting back laughing at you . Something i've noticed their would be some posters that would back up every little unfounded argument you made. They have seemed to either went into witness protection or just realize the silliness you spit out.

I have him on ignore.

You give me $4 million to bring Mack from Xavier, or let me quadruple Satterfield's salary at Appy State. I'll take a shot at those assignments. Maybe I couldn't get Brohm from Purdue for comparable money. But look at who else didn't get that job done, and he's paid a little more than I am...LOL.
And you would be telling us all how much Tyra had to spend to get Brohm. You talk out of both sides of your mouth as usual.

I think the cash balance hits are primarily related to contract buyouts, legal expenses and donor uncertainty due to scandals/fatigue. Unfortunately we will most likely be adding COVID concerns to that list.

ADVERTISEMENT