ADVERTISEMENT

Tyra halftime interview - elephant in the room...

So the Gmi ski earring is the elephant in the room? That’s quite a tease. For nothing.
It was the most interesting / noteworthy part of tyra’s interview. Sorry for the click-baity thread - I was just goofing around.

At the risk of drifting into the realm of the conspiracy theorist, who orchestrated that telecast yesterday? In our season opener, on a regional broadcast by Fox Sports South, we have interviews with Griff, Milt, and Tyra? What is up with that? The only answer in my mind is that it was just the next phase of the “Crisis Management 101” playbook. Why would Fox Sports allow themselves to be complicit in this feel good campaign by our current regime?

At the risk of drifting into the realm of the conspiracy theorist, who orchestrated that telecast yesterday? In our season opener, on a regional broadcast by Fox Sports South, we have interviews with Griff, Milt, and Tyra? What is up with that? The only answer in my mind is that it was just the next phase of the “Crisis Management 101” playbook. Why would Fox Sports allow themselves to be complicit in this feel good campaign by our current regime?

I thought the same thing.

Ever since we've been in the ACC, the Fox Sports games with Mr. Giminski (sp?) have always been a little chippy towards UofL. Now it was like a love fest. I was thinking maybe even Dr. Postal was going to put on a headset and join in on the love making.

Reactions: PHCARD and zipp

If they were able to get FSS to agree to their wishes, then bravo to them. Nothing better than a 2 hour infomercial for the program.

Reactions: Cardiac Red
I thought the same thing.

Ever since we've been in the ACC, the Fox Sports games with Mr. Giminski (sp?) have always been a little chippy towards UofL. Now it was like a love fest. I was thinking maybe even Dr. Postal was going to put on a headset and join in on the love making.
Well we all know Postal is good at bending over so wouldn’t have been a surprise in the least.

You had to listen for it, but I got a kick outta the very beginning of the interview which was mostly un-newsworthy except for more Tyra namedropping...

The play-by-play guy introduced the Cat properly as the interim AD. Before the Q&A even starts, Tyra thanks the guy 2 or 3 times just for addressing him with that title. Here's a guy so caught up in who he now is that the mere mention of his title has him thanking people.

Un-freaking-believable. One possibly good thing is when he gets the full time gig, his head may explode which will take care of the situation for me...

You had to listen for it, but I got a kick outta the very beginning of the interview which was mostly un-newsworthy except for more Tyra namedropping...

The play-by-play guy introduced the Cat properly as the interim AD. Before the Q&A even starts, Tyra thanks the guy 2 or 3 times just for addressing him with that title. Here's a guy so caught up in who he now is that the mere mention of his title has him thanking people.

Un-freaking-believable. One possibly good thing is when he gets the full time gig, his head may explode which will take care of the situation for me...

You are the only person who thought that because of your unhinged irrational hatred of the man.

Wishing someone dead just shows everyone how immature and petty you are. Haha, I’ve known it from the first time I ever read one of your posts..

Reactions: poppycat
You are the only person who thought that because of your unhinged irrational hatred of the man.
Cop out.

All I do is listen to the Cat speak. Maybe the biggest wannabe I've ever seen...

590713.jpg

Last edited:
So I guess it would've been better if they had drug us through the cesspool of Sypher, strippergate, and pay for play..?? Some of you folks are never happy and just looking for something to be miserable about.

If they were able to get FSS to agree to their wishes, then bravo to them. Nothing better than a 2 hour infomercial for the program.
Agree. It was great having the stars of our first two NCAA championships, remind the viewers that we didn't just come on the scene. It was much better press than we have been getting from the 4 letter network.

Reactions: Knucklehank1
I did not have the same thought as you on the interview. And I think you have an irrational hatred for the man.
Facts and evidence, please. Your opinions are irrelevant and lately a total cop out...

So I guess it would've been better if they had drug us through the cesspool of Sypher, strippergate, and pay for play..?? Some of you folks are never happy and just looking for something to be miserable about.
His point was it looked staged, not unlike our interim AD's remarks. But I didn't have a problem with it as long as you know when you're getting smoke blown up your a$$...

Can we please get this thread back on track and discuss how ridiculous Mike Gminski (a 96 year old white man) looks with an earring?

Reactions: PHCARD
I'm confused...was there, or was there NOT, an elephant in the room at the time of this interview. If so, that doesn't sound very safe for those in the room. JMO.

Reactions: BPGhost
His point was it looked staged, not unlike our interim AD's remarks. But I didn't have a problem with it as long as you know when you're getting smoke blown up your a$$...
Ok, so Postel, Grissom, and Tyra corroborated with FSS to stage a halftime show and got Griff and Milt to play along...?? o_O

What would remotely possess FSS to go along with that cockamami scheme..??

In this case, it’s the opinion of a person who has unhinged hatred versus someone who is perfectly rational.
How do you weigh "unhinged hatred" vs. the unbridled love that you have? Is that how you now wanna frame the debate?

Ok, so Postel, Grissom, and Tyra corroborated with FSS to stage a halftime show and got Griff and Milt to play along...?? o_O

What would remotely possess FSS to go along with that cockamami scheme..??
You need to direct those questions to Fox Sports.

Don't shoot the messenger for expressing an observation that others besides him made...

How do you weigh "unhinged hatred" vs. the unbridled love that you have? Is that how you now wanna frame the debate?

The difference is that I’ve laid out rational reasons why he is qualified for the interim AD position while you’ve laid out fringe emotional ones that he is not. I don’t know the man so I have no reason to love or hate him. I care about results.

Gminski and the "old guard" ACC hug fest have openly held their admiration for the longer tenured programs of the ACC, especially teams in underdog position to the Cards. George Mason didn't bring it out of him but when the Cards take on teams like NC ST/WF he'll be shaking his anti-UofL pompoms.

I think there probably is a touch of sympathy sentiment for the program now from some media types - more specifically for the players, and people that had nothing to do with any of the problems.

But the big X factor is - I think the higher-ups don't want the entire sport to be viewed as a sham - so with that, there has to be a way to almost redirect the pay for play dynamic - they don't want the entire country looking at the product for what it is - but what they wish it was.

I think I'm off topic!

Reactions: gocds
The difference is that I’ve laid out rational reasons why he is qualified for the interim AD position while you’ve laid out fringe emotional ones that he is not. I don’t know the man so I have no reason to love or hate him. I care about results.
You haven't laid out anything other than the unbridled love you have by knowing him personally. My brother knows the Cat too thru a mutual acquaintance...so what? His father was a U of L icon...so what? None of that means ish. It's what the Cat demonstrates.

Again, I'll stay on whatever objective point you wanna make or ask me to make. Unbridled love is not something I can debate...

Gminski and the "old guard" ACC hug fest have openly held their admiration for the longer tenured programs of the ACC, especially teams in underdog position to the Cards. George Mason didn't bring it out of him but when the Cards take on teams like NC ST/WF he'll be shaking his anti-UofL pompoms.

I think there probably is a touch of sympathy sentiment for the program now from some media types - more specifically for the players, and people that had nothing to do with any of the problems.

But the big X factor is - I think the higher-ups don't want the entire sport to be viewed as a sham - so with that, there has to be a way to almost redirect the pay for play dynamic - they don't want the entire country looking at the product for what it is - but what they wish it was.

I think I'm off topic!

The writing is on the wall. NFL and chit pizza is no longer going to fly without some serious reform. The 90's aren't going to walk through that door.

You haven't laid out anything other than the unbridled love you have by knowing him personally. My brother knows the Cat too thru a mutual acquaintance...so what? His father was a U of L icon...so what? None of that means ish. It's what the Cat demonstrates.

Again, I'll stay on whatever objective point you wanna make or ask me to make. Unbridled love is not something I can debate...

What part of “I don’t know the man” did not come through clearly?

Just a sign of the times. The politicians fired a good man who acted with the universities' best interest in mind. And some "fans" seem thrilled about it. You can't be a real UofL fan and think this is a good thing or a fresh start.

Meanwhile, the rest of the country thinks we're idiots for firing him. He'll be the only name on someone's list real soon.

Cardiac--I'm definitely not miserable. On the contrary, I'm incredibly blessed, and I'm grateful for that. My point was simply that the telecast was a completely transparent and staged effort by our current regime to say "Hey look at us, we've got everything under control, and all is well" I would expect nothing less from them as they try to wrestle down the problem of a divided and anxious fan-base, along with the much larger problem of loss of fund raising prowess. I question both their motivation and the accommodation of FSS in such an effort. To me it comes down to two questions:
  1. Is the current leadership at UofL (Postel, Grissom, Tyra) committed to an elite, premier athletics program? Frankly my first impression is they are far more interested in having control over the program rather than it being elite. I feel like everyone involved will have their interim tags removed over the next couple of years, and we will go into the future with the powers that be, caring little for athletics.
  2. Is the current Athletic Director, exclusive of our feeling for his motivation, capable of keeping our programs at the level which Tom Jurich established them? I honestly don't think that any of us can provide that answer at this point, but there is certainly reason for skepticism. Tyra has been successful in business ventures, but that doesn't necessarily translate into success as an AD. He doesn't have the background nor the connections that would lead me to believe he'll make the right calls going forward, especially in light of the fact that he is likely going to be approaching Postel and Grissom for permission every time he needs to wipe.
I think we're in for a long period of mediocrity in UofL athletics.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT