ADVERTISEMENT

Tyra Doing His Homework

I argue that compartmentalization is a form of insanity. One part of the brain ain't properly wired to another.

You don't like the clown show, the clown show hires "Vince", but somehow despite those characteristics and relationships, "Vince" is OK.

My way of looking at the world is that your insanity trumps mine...
Well, Vince (I will dispense with the quotation marks, as they make no sense) simply took on a job. It’s not his fault that the BoT pulled the boner of the century by firing TJ and even CRP without having all the facts. Even clowns can accidentally get something right, or in this case ok, once in a while, if even by accident. Not everything they touch is tainted. If David Grissom drives a Mercedes, does that make it a bad car? Are the university president, lawyers, accountants, faculty, administrators all part of the “clown show” because they work for them or were hired by them? Vince has to work against everything the CS has done (all the feathers they have ruffled) and, as you have noted, is struggling. So would anybody in the same situation. I just want balance restored to the force, Vince to step aside with a pat in the back and a sincere thank you, and Dr Bendapudi to appoint our new, experienced, AD. I may not get what I want, but it’s a better wish list than hoping for disaster, just so you can say you were right all along. I prefer my lunatic asylum to yours.

Tyra has no track record hiring a football coach. Any confidence you have in him is unfounded. I'd argue he got Strike One against him yesterday...

I think that's unfair. What more would you ask of him in his pursuit of Brohm?

Reactions: wilkie01
...I’m sure you would have criticized Tyra no matter how things turned out with Brohm...

At this point, I take both Brohm and Tyra at their word and simply accept that it wasn’t going to happen...

Finally, I think it’s strange that you have now chosen on multiple occasions to put Vince’s name in quotes in response to some of my and other's posts...
Tyra put himself in a lose-lose situation with Brohm. He has spent his department to a point where the financials are almost so bad that it doesn't matter how much more he spends. The outcomes similar to "bankruptcy" and "bankruptcy less a million." Does it really matter if you wanna call either a "good job"?

I take neither guy "at his word" because they're public figures who are gonna give you lip service at some level. They have to walk away saying things that make them look good in the aftermath. You should ALWAYS interpret and analyze--why God gave you a brain.

And "Vince" is my shorthand for a fanboy AD who wants to be your drinking buddy as much as he wants to be respected as Jurich's capable successor. I find that characteristic in him both asinine and humorous...

Well, Vince (I will dispense with the quotation marks, as they make no sense) simply took on a job. It’s not his fault that the BoT pulled the boner of the century by firing TJ and even CRP without having all the facts. Even clowns can accidentally get something right, or in this case ok, once in a while, if even by accident. Not everything they touch is tainted. If David Grissom drives a Mercedes, does that make it a bad car? Are the university president, lawyers, accountants, faculty, administrators all part of the “clown show” because they work for them or were hired by them? Vince has to work against everything the CS has done (all the feathers they have ruffled) and, as you have noted, is struggling. So would anybody in the same situation. I just want balance restored to the force, Vince to step aside with a pat in the back and a sincere thank you, and Dr Bendapudi to appoint our new, experienced, AD. I may not get what I want, but it’s a better wish list than hoping for disaster, just so you can say you were right all along. I prefer my lunatic asylum to yours.
That's not connecting dots rationally... You're saying "I like Vince--therefore, the clown erred by their standards hiring him."

With all due respect, that's delusional...

I think that's unfair. What more would you ask of him in his pursuit of Brohm?
Getting the job done would have been nice.

And considering the stakes, spending $23 million and refusing to spend $24 million was nuts...

Watching zipp deepthroat TJ never gets old to me. Does it to you guys?
As a matter of fact, I wish people would stop bringing Jurich's name up. He's yesterday's news.

I like talking about "Vince"...

Getting the job done would have been nice.

And considering the stakes, spending $23 million and refusing to spend $24 million was nuts...
You’re sure another million would have done it? Source? What if Brohm wanted 2 million more? Three million?
Also sounds like you wouldn’t have fired Bobby thus saving the 14 million. Is that correct?

Reactions: Art79 and wilkie01
You’re sure another million would have done it? Source? What if Brohm wanted 2 million more? Three million?
Also sounds like you wouldn’t have fired Bobby thus saving the 14 million. Is that correct?
You'll never know what another million would have bought you, will you? "Vince" wouldn't find out.

And would I have casually spent $23 million in U of L's current financial situation?...No. But I've moved onto the next step...

You'll never know what another million would have bought you, will you?

And would I have casually spent $23 million in U of L's current financial situation?...No. But I've moved onto the next step...
Nope, just like you don’t know another million would have done it but you’re willing to castigate Vince without proof. C’mon.
That said I and so many others are ecstatic at the news you have moved on to the next step!! So, who’s our next coach and how much you gonna offer?

That's not connecting dots rationally... You're saying "I like Vince--therefore, the clown erred by their standards hiring him."

With all due respect, that's delusional...
No, I’m saying just what I wrote. The CS may be lousy at running a university but just because they hired Tyra doesn’t make HIM bad. He must be judged on his own merits. He hasn’t had the time to be so judged....yet. I didn’t say I liked Vince. I just want to be fair, and I don’t know enough yet to make a judgement. The CS didn’t err, necessarily. I don’t think they know or care much about athletics and hired Vince because his dad played basketball at UofL and they knew him. When the last of the CS goes (Grissom) I think Vince will, too. Nothing delusional about that. Thinking Jurich will somehow come back and refusing to accept reality is.

I will freely admit I had serious concerns about him especially after I found out he played baseball at UofK, but he's growing on me. He knocked it out of the park with coach Chris Mack, and we may have just dodged a bad hire since Brohm was going to be the guy, but was afraid to accept the challenge. We don't need anyone leading this football program who is afraid.
Why were you concerned about Tyra because he played baseball at
UK ? Some of you guys or gals have serious issues.

Reactions: rezzerfly
As a matter of fact, I wish people would stop bringing Jurich's name up. He's yesterday's news.

I like talking about "Vince"...

Ironic considering YOU are the one who first brought up Jurich In this thread.

Assuming I'm the "he" first referenced...

"Vince" extended coaches who were hired by Jurich. You're citing fake accomplishments. He hired Mack for 80% of what Pitino was being paid, a guy who's been to one Elite Eight. Of course, that was an easy hire.

And "Vince" got rid of Petrino by paying $14 million. I don't usually commend people for simply spending money. My guess is Jurich could have cleaned up that mess for a lot less.

So far, "Vince" isn't carrying his predecessor's jock...

Tyra put himself in a lose-lose situation with Brohm. He has spent his department to a point where the financials are almost so bad that it doesn't matter how much more he spends. The outcomes similar to "bankruptcy" and "bankruptcy less a million." Does it really matter if you wanna call either a "good job"?

I take neither guy "at his word" because they're public figures who are gonna give you lip service at some level. They have to walk away saying things that make them look good in the aftermath. You should ALWAYS interpret and analyze--why God gave you a brain.

And "Vince" is my shorthand for a fanboy AD who wants to be your drinking buddy as much as he wants to be respected as Jurich's capable successor. I find that characteristic in him both asinine and humorous...

Well thank you Zipp, for the lesson on analysis and critical thinking! Actually, my analysis was based on what we know for certain happened earlier this week as well as what we have heard from the principal participants, whose narratives match up pretty well and also match with what we do know. Your analysis seems based on your hatred of Tyra. It’s ok with me if we agree to disagree there, as it’s obvious that we disagree completely about what Tyra has done during 13 months on the job, or as you call it, “less than two years”, in some apparent attempt to say that he has had plenty of time to dig out from the myriad of problems he inherited.

Anyway, I find it interesting that you dodged my questions concerning who the next coach should be as well as what would a successful tenure for the next coach be for the next few seasons. But that will give you more opportunity to say “I told you so” no matter what happens over the next few years.

Go Cards!

Nope, just like you don’t know another million would have done it but you’re willing to castigate Vince without proof. C’mon...
All I know is money matters. And "Vince" evidently didn't offer enough after literally wiping his a$$ with it getting TO that point. It's nuts...

Last edited:
No, I’m saying just what I wrote. The CS may be lousy at running a university but just because they hired Tyra doesn’t make HIM bad...
I got it the first time. The clowns have been lousy at everything but hiring "Vince". Makes perfect sense...

Last edited:
...I find it interesting that you dodged my questions concerning who the next coach should be as well as what would a successful tenure for the next coach be for the next few seasons. But that will give you more opportunity to say “I told you so” no matter what happens over the next few years...
The last thing a guy does with 40K posts is "dodge" questions...

The short answer, "it doesn't matter", which is why I didn't answer. Your AD just set your football program back further than the millions spent digging this hole already had. Unless he gets up from the pile of poop he just fell in and hires someone completely off the radar that everyone will rally around, like I said, it doesn't matter...

Last edited:
Gleaned from his interview:

*Comparing candidates to see who did more with less
*Checking to see how many penalties a candidates team had to measure discipline
*Checking their rosters to see how many kids from Florida, Georgia and other hot recruiting areas

Love it!
You go Vince!

It's about time...should have done that before he bungled the Jeff Brohm situation.

That wasn’t possible the fans ordained Jeff our coach. Jeff should have made it clear early he wasn’t interested. He had two weeks to consider it.

That wasn’t possible the fans ordained Jeff our coach. Jeff should have made it clear early he wasn’t interested. He had two weeks to consider it.
I don't disagree that Brohm should have declared earlier if there was a good chance he was staying at Purdue. But it had nothing to do with owing U of L anything.

He owed that to Purdue IMO. And if he's square with them and they are with him, I guess it's OK...

Reactions: rezzerfly
I don't disagree that Brohm should have declared earlier if there was a good chance he was staying at Purdue. But it had nothing to do with owing U of L anything.

He owed that to Purdue IMO. And if he's square with them and they are with him, I guess it's OK...

I would agree he didn’t owe us, its his life. It was a very unique situation.

I think zipps ultimate plan is to make everyone including kentucky fans root so hard for him to be wrong which ultimately makes us root for Louisville to succeed

Reactions: Art79
Could someone please tell Z that your AD’s momma actually named him Vince so there’s no need to use quotation marks? It’s driving me crazy. I thought that dude told us he was smart.

I think zipps ultimate plan is to make everyone including kentucky fans root so hard for him to be wrong which ultimately makes us root for Louisville to succeed

I dont even know why you waste time and energy on him. He craves the attention on here.

He'll find anything to blame Tyra for.
He acts as if he owns stock in Jurich inc.

My world's in sync when U of L haters and slapd!cks are in bed together...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT