ADVERTISEMENT

Tyra DO NOT FIRE PETRINO

At Purdue and Western Kentucky.

Dont argue with petrino fanboys.
The evidence speaks for itself.

In 5 seasons, Petrino is 1-14 vs ranked teams with 2 more ranked teams to play.
Brohm just beat his third ranked team before his second season is over.

ANY fan who wants to retain motorcycle man, needs a lobotomy.
61 point loss................

Brohm's 4-5 in his head coaching career against ranked teams. He's also 9-9 against unranked P5 teams.

Brohm's a veritable coin flip. When you get longer odds than that in your favor, jump on them...

Brohm's 4-5 in his head coaching career against ranked teams. He's also 9-9 against unranked P5 teams.

Brohm's a veritable coin flip. When you get longer odds than that in your favor, jump on them...

And how often has Brohm's team had the superior talent? He's been coaching WKU and Purdue, not Georgia and Michigan.

He is the right fit at the right time, just like Mack.

And how often has Brohm's team had the superior talent? He's been coaching WKU and Purdue, not Georgia and Michigan.

He is the right fit at the right time, just like Mack.
Again, unless you can identify the flaw in my logic, that argument's a fail.

The records I just quoted you span the five years of his head coaching career. There are no cherry picked data. He's played the ranked teams with the same roster of players, the same coaches, etc. as he's played the unranked P5 teams. There are no variable biases to that analysis...it's clean.

It simply has results you can't readily explain for a coach you wanna take an $18 million flier on...

Again, unless you can identify the flaw in my logic, that argument's a fail.

The records I just quoted you span the five years of his head coaching career. There are no cherry picked data. He's played the ranked teams with the same roster of players, the same coaches, etc. as he's played the unranked P5 teams. There are no variable biases to that analysis...it's clean.

It simply has results you can't readily explain for a coach you wanna take an $18 million flier on...

Again, how often did Brohm's teams have the superior talent? Statistics can often be cherry-picked to make whatever point someone wants to make. Brohm is 3 for 3 this year against ranked teams, and yes, the Eastern Michigan loss was bad this year, but otherwise he has improved both WKU and Purdue dramatically, and there can be no denying of that fact. As for his record against ranked teams at WKU (WKU!), the only two losses were against #5 LSU and #1 Alabama (and only 38-10), hardly games in which a loss should be any disgrace at all.

Reactions: GoldCard
Two of the top HC in the college game had zero HC experience - Dabo and Kirby.

0% win percentage v T25 and 0% win percentage v Non T25.

I bet Nick Saban lost to a bunch of unranked teams when he went 34-24 at Michigan St. and LSU still wanted him!

Are we saying UofL should hold it's football program to a higher standard than LSU holds theirs?

Oh my!!!!

Reactions: GoldCard
Brohm's predecessor's at PU (Hazell 9-33, Interim guy went 0-6).

Brohm went 7-6 year one and is 5-4 year two challenging for his division.

This may be your most meaningful stat review - since he'd be inheriting a near identical Titanic situation if he took over a UofL that will be 2-10 or maybe 3-9 somehow.

He has shown the ability to fix a mess.

The biggest tell on Brohm's worth is probably the flood of Purdue posters to this message board.

Though I do like the other nuggets I've introduced!

Brohm's predecessor's at PU (Hazell 9-33, Interim guy went 0-6).

Brohm went 7-6 year one and is 5-4 year two challenging for his division.

This may be your most meaningful stat review - since he'd be inheriting a near identical Titanic situation if he took over a UofL that will be 2-10 or maybe 3-9 somehow.

He has shown the ability to fix a mess.

You also must remember he coached under Petrino for 5 years.

Everything adds up for Brohm to be hired in December.

I'm not saying he will or won't be next up, but I am saying his resume makes him a strong candidate and somebody that should be contacted.

Jeff Brohm means the world to Purdue and to Purdue fans. That's why we don't want him to go. The higher ups in the university will do whatever it takes to keep him. President and AD have said so. Because his impact has been great. It probably helps his success that he has a really good job at Purdue. I wouldn't be shocked to see Brohm get a pay raise to 5-5.5 mil this year while also bumping his assistants pay from 3.9 mil to 5 mil. That's what he means to Purdue.

Jeff Brohm means the world to Purdue and to Purdue fans. That's why we don't want him to go. The higher ups in the university will do whatever it takes to keep him. President and AD have said so. Because his impact has been great. It probably helps his success that he has a really good job at Purdue. I wouldn't be shocked to see Brohm get a pay raise to 5-5.5 mil this year while also bumping his assistants pay from 3.9 mil to 5 mil. That's what he means to Purdue.

We understand and agree, except he means more to us.

He was being groomed to take over here when motorcycle man retired.
He just excelerated Brohm taking over with his horrendous coaching the last 24 games. We can no longer afford to wait.
Brohm will be hired in December.

Sorry about yalls luck but thats just the way it is.
UofL has had 4 coaches leave before the job was finished.

We understand and agree, except he means more to us.

He was being groomed to take over here when motorcycle man retired.
He just excelerated Brohm taking over with his horrendous coaching the last 24 games. We can no longer afford to wait.
Brohm will be hired in December.

Sorry about yalls luck but thats just the way it is.
UofL has had 4 coaches leave before the job was finished.
I'm not sure that means he leaves this off-season. Nothing points to him leaving other than speculation. I hope he doesn't, but if he does, it's because Louisville paid a bunch of money for him and I'm not worried about Purdue finding another really good coach. They are finally working to get back to where they should be, which is a west division contender.

Purdue will NOT lose a bidding war to U of L over Brohm. If he wants to come here, he will have to decline a better contract at Purdue--and maybe somewhere else!

Reactions: CATFANFOLIFE87
Zipp sorry if I missed it - what is your solution suggestion to the HC position at UofL?
No problem... I've already mentioned my solution to the entire U of L athletics mess--even started a thread on it. But no one (yet) wants to go down that road. More will want to join me in time...

No problem... I've already mentioned my solution to the entire U of L athletics mess--even started a thread on it. But no one (yet) wants to go down that road. More will want to join me in time...

Is the thread on premium? I'm not there. Was just wondering what your solution is, but if you don't want to share no biggie.

Is the thread on premium? I'm not there. Was just wondering what your solution is, but if you don't want to share no biggie.
Yeah now that I think about, it was on premium. Sorry about that. It was a couple weeks ago, and it was about U of L's problems that run deeper than football and how to fix everything as quickly and inexpensively as possible.

Let me look for the OP and I'll C&P it below...

Yeah now that I think about, it was on premium. Sorry about that. It was a couple weeks ago, and it was about U of L's problems that run deeper than football and how to fix everything as quickly and inexpensively as possible.

Let me look for the OP and I'll C&P it below...

Great hope you find it.

I always enjoy all POVs!

Bobby Petrino doesn’t suck at coaching. He sucks at relationships and I don’t know how you fix that. But he has been successful in the past so I think anyone would have to look back and try to replicate. There’s a very good chance that brohm doesn’t leave Purdue then you ask what’s better for UL? Petrino, or the field. If it’s petrino then someone has to control the outside factors and staff around him.

Great hope you find it.

I always enjoy all POVs!
Hope this isn't too anticlimactic...

My list of changes distills down to the following:
  1. Mend fences with the Juriches. Put up a statue for Tom and issue an apology; bring back Mark in a university fund raising position (not athletics initially).
  2. Put the banners back up in the arena. If they can't risk the NCAA, install replacements. And join the players' suit to overturn the NCAA ruling.
  3. Drop Ramsey's lawsuit, and honor him in some capacity.
  4. Settle with Pitino, maybe with Jurich's help.
These aren't expensive ideas in view of the money U of L is currently losing. They require everyone to check their egos at the door.

U of L has no hope of a near term recovery without getting fan and donor support back. Tyra has only three options to come up with the money he desperately needs...
  1. Get it from outside the department and U of L (what the above addresses).
  2. Get it from academics at U of L; almost no chance of that happening.
  3. Generate it internally from ULAA operations. There's no indication we can do that anytime soon.
The problems are bigger than football, and we can't address football until the larger money problems are solved. Football is getting all of the discussion because it's football season and no one seriously talks about money...

Reactions: swurv99
He is 1-12 against top 25 teams since his return. He is 11-27 against teams with a .500 record. His record has gotten worse every year he’s been here. He could only win 9 games with the Heisman trophy winner. 3 defensive coordinators in 3 years. Our recruiting class is ranked #70 in the nation. Our best two recruits decommitted this week, and our freshman QB announced he’s transferring. He will not replace his coaches because four of them are related to him.

Soon to be 1-15........

Hope this isn't too anticlimactic...

My list of changes distills down to the following:
  1. Mend fences with the Juriches. Put up a statue for Tom and issue an apology; bring back Mark in a university fund raising position (not athletics initially).
  2. Put the banners back up in the arena. If they can't risk the NCAA, install replacements. And join the players' suit to overturn the NCAA ruling.
  3. Drop Ramsey's lawsuit, and honor him in some capacity.
  4. Settle with Pitino, maybe with Jurich's help.
These aren't expensive ideas in view of the money U of L is currently losing. They require everyone to check their egos at the door.

U of L has no hope of a near term recovery without getting fan and donor support back. Tyra has only three options to come up with the money he desperately needs...
  1. Get it from outside the department and U of L (what the above addresses).
  2. Get it from academics at U of L; almost no chance of that happening.
  3. Generate it internally from ULAA operations. There's no indication we can do that anytime soon.
The problems are bigger than football, and we can't address football until the larger money problems are solved. Football is getting all of the discussion because it's football season and no one seriously talks about money...

How does any of this solve the issue of Petrino sucking and replacing him?

Reactions: Art79
How does any of this solve the issue of Petrino sucking and replacing him?
I just said it doesn't. And that's because football, as bad as it is, ain't our biggest problem. You gotta stop this gusher over here before you fix that dribble leak over there.

Money is actually at the root of the football issue. It could (should) keep you from doing the right thing to fix it...

I just said it doesn't. And that's because football, as bad as it is, ain't our biggest problem. You gotta stop this gusher over here before you fix that dribble leak over there.

Money is actually at the root of the football issue. It could (should) keep you from doing the right thing to fix it...

The root of the football issue is Petrino failing miserably. If he wasn't we wouldn't be talking about money or his ridiculous buyout at all. Winning will fix most of the problems. If Mack is successful those fans that were sitting and waiting will start to come back and support the program. The same goes for Petrino's replacement. There will be a few like you who won't ever support the new admin but they are greatly outnumbered by those who want to win.

The root of the football issue is Petrino failing miserably. If he wasn't we wouldn't be talking about money or his ridiculous buyout at all. Winning will fix most of the problems. If Mack is successful those fans that were sitting and waiting will start to come back and support the program. The same goes for Petrino's replacement. There will be a few like you who won't ever support the new admin but they are greatly outnumbered by those who want to win.
That takes some amount of time--waiting for someone to be successful. And Tyra doesn't have that commodity. He's already at the point of running out of cash.

I and others will support an administration that deserves support, and not because they have commandeered their jobs. Again, that will take time we don't have...

Last edited:
That takes some amount of time--waiting for someone to be successful. And Tyra doesn't have that commodity. He's already at the point of running out of cash.

I and others will support an administration that deserves support, and not because they have commandeered their jobs. Again, that will take time we don't have...

There is no other choice but to wait for coaches to be successful. With the way Mack's recruiting the rebound in bball could be 2-3 seasons. A new football coach could have similar results.

There is no way you will ever support the new admin. Mack could win a title this year and you will still be complaining about him being overpaid. Your hopes that athletics crash and burn and what can/will happen aren't the same thing.

There is no other choice but to wait for coaches to be successful. With the way Mack's recruiting the rebound in bball could be 2-3 seasons. A new football coach could have similar results.

There is no way you will ever support the new admin. Mack could win a title this year and you will still be complaining about him being overpaid. Your hopes that athletics crash and burn and what can/will happen aren't the same thing.
You've mischaracterized me again and again...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT