ADVERTISEMENT

Tyra DO NOT FIRE PETRINO

KerryRhodes

15000+
Dec 15, 2007
Today.

This is his pile of shit.
Make him coach the last 3 games.
Then fire him the very minute after the last game.

He said theyve been having good practices. At what, badminton.

Dont bail him out. He wants that 14 mill, earn it every damn minute :mad:

Today.

I actually agree. There is no reason to give him the easy way out. Make him at least show up for the next 3 games then fire him. We're gonna have to pay his sorry ass anyway. Might as well do it after the season instead of after 9 games in.

Reactions: wilkie01
I actually agree. There is no reason to give him the easy way out. Make him at least show up for the next 3 games then fire him. We're gonna have to pay his sorry ass anyway. Might as well do it after the season instead of after 9 games in.

Knowing him, he'll quit like he did the Falcons. Notes in the locker room.

What a Pos.
NEVER wanted him rehired.

Knowing him, he'll quit like he did the Falcons. Notes in the locker room.

What a Pos.
NEVER wanted him rehired.
Hope he does quit. I'm sure Tyra wouldn't mind that at all. If he quits, he walks away from his contract. I'm good with that.

Please Bobby, just quit. Again.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
I was with you back in 2014 Kerry. The man was sorry at WKU, 8-4 with the same talent Brohm won 3 bowl games with. I thought he was a retread then, still do. Actually, piles of shit smell better than this. Need to do the old Cheech and Chong gig on dog shit lol

Today.

I

No one's fighting his 2014 contract; the contract in force was from 2016. And few if any fans questioned that contract extension.

It's 99% revisionist thinking. You may be right now, but you were wrong then...

Tell Bobby we are the falcons.... then maybe he will just leave
Just a bird known by a different name? Maybe we can start calling the Cards the Falcons and confuse him so he quits?

Naaa. Won't work.

No one's fighting his 2014 contract; the contract in force was from 2016. And few if any fans questioned that contract extension.

It's 99% revisionist thinking. You may be right now, but you were wrong then...

Did I miss something?

Did Jurich and the ULAA submit Petrino’s contract extension language to the season ticket holders for review and comment in 2016? I don’t remember getting that opportunity to weigh in.

Also did the fanbase get a vote on the contract extension?

Unless either of those happened it doesn’t mean shit what people thought of it at that time. It has Jurich and the ULAA’s finger prints all over it and BP’s signature.

Exactly, Wilkie!

Also, Jurich should’ve vetted Petrino before hiring him the second time, and certainly before the extension. By that, I mean visiting practices and checking around the league and country to gauge other coaches’ feelings on Bobby. Find out if his family members can really coach. Find out if there was any truth to the rumors of him and Grantham not getting along, and if so, why not. Find out if other coaches think Bobby is a turd that they would never want to work for.

I’ll admit that, though I preferred to keep Charlie, I was pumped when Petrino was hired. Jurich has that sit-down with him and I assumed that Jurich had fully done his homework on him. Apparently not. I still love Jurich for the accomplishments, but the university and fans should’ve recognized that nobody is infallible. We are all responsible for this mess. Now we have to wallow in it.

Unfortunately, Bobby will walk away a millionaire.

Did I miss something?

Did Jurich and the ULAA submit Petrino’s contract extension language to the season ticket holders for review and comment in 2016? I don’t remember getting that opportunity to weigh in.

Unless either of those happened it doesn’t mean shit what people thought of it at that time. It has Jurich and the ULAA’s finger prints all over it and BP’s signature.
If you were silent and didn't get a vote then, you don't get one now. Or did we change our University governance rules since then?...

Did I miss something?

If you were silent and didn't get a vote then, you don't get one now. Or did we change our University governance rules since then?...

Don’t need a vote never asked for one. Yet you keep acting like the fanbase had some say in awarding the 2016 extension. This is ALL on the 2016 ULAA and Tom Jurich.

Exactly, Wilkie!

Also, Jurich should’ve vetted Petrino before hiring him the second time, and certainly before the extension. By that, I mean visiting practices and checking around the league and country to gauge other coaches’ feelings on Bobby. Find out if his family members can really coach. Find out if there was any truth to the rumors of him and Grantham not getting along, and if so, why not. Find out if other coaches think Bobby is a turd that they would never want to work for.

I’ll admit that, though I preferred to keep Charlie, I was pumped when Petrino was hired. Jurich has that sit-down with him and I assumed that Jurich had fully done his homework on him. Apparently not. I still love Jurich for the accomplishments, but the university and fans should’ve recognized that nobody is infallible. We are all responsible for this mess. Now we have to wallow in it.

Unfortunately, Bobby will walk away a millionaire.
That encompasses more revisionist thinking, and it's also based on inaccurate assumptions. Petrino has plenty of staff besides family members who have followed him from job to job. I posted that "tree" a week or so ago. It's anti-Petrino mythology...

Don’t need a vote never asked for one. Yet you keep acting like the fanbase had some say in awarding the 2016 extension. This is ALL on the 2016 ULAA and Tom Jurich.
No, I "keep acting like" no one raised a voice because no one did. Everyone was happy locking down Petrino after the MCB win and with Lamar returning. "Acting" otherwise now just fits an anti-Petrino agenda...

Here’s Zipp again to tell us we’re all wrong. Maybe we should heed what he says. After all, he kept telling us the KFC Yum Center never getting built, and he turned out to be so right on that.

Here’s Zipp again to tell us we’re all wrong. Maybe we should heed what he says. After all, he kept telling us the KFC Yum Center never getting built, and he turned out to be so right on that.
Actually, where I was wrong about Bailout Arena is finding "investors" stupid enough to finance it. And of course, that stupidity is obvious now, as is the money pit it represents.

Watch how that issue ratchets up BTW as U of L basketball revenue starts to decline precipitously. It's all right there in the dumpster along with athletics overall...

02_zpslel88rvr.jpg

No, I "keep acting like" no one raised a voice because no one did. Everyone was happy locking down Petrino after the MCB win and with Lamar returning. "Acting" otherwise now just fits an anti-Petrino agenda...

Are you mental?

None of us hired Petrino.

None of us extended his contract or negotiated the moronic buyout clause.

None of us went “on the record” for what we thought about the 2016 extension. If we did please provide data points, polls, or quotes.

So....however any of us feel about Petrino ‘s employment is our prerogative and if you don’t like it then go pound sand.

Reactions: CardinalJohn

I don't recall one person/post/phone call on sports talk that bitched about Bobby's contract in 2016. I do recall some hesitation when rehired, but after the Lamar breakout season everyone wanted to lock him down (which they did, to a fault apparently).

Reactions: zipp
I don't recall one person/post/phone call on sports talk that bitched about Bobby's contract in 2016. I do recall some hesitation when rehired, but after the Lamar breakout season everyone wanted to lock him down (which they did, to a fault apparently).
This.

I'd buy that argument more in 2014 than 2016. And 2014 ain't the problem...

Are you mental?

None of us hired Petrino.

None of us extended his contract or negotiated the moronic buyout clause.

None of us went “on the record” for what we thought about the 2016 extension. If we did please provide data points, polls, or quotes.

So....however any of us feel about Petrino ‘s employment is our prerogative and if you don’t like it then go pound sand.
Straw man. No one asked you in 2016 so you weren't wrong.

The one thing that matters is this message board was around long before 2016...

So getting an extension means you stop coaching ?

10-15 starting with Houston and 3 of those wins are against non P5 teams.

7 wins out of 22 and the manner of defeats against P5 schools necessitates termination.

So getting an extension means you stop coaching ?

10-15 starting with Houston and 3 of those wins are against non P5 teams.

7 wins out of 22 and the manner of defeats against P5 schools necessitates termination.

Ok. My premise was the mindset of when the contract was extended in 2016, and none of the stuff you say, while true, has anything to do with that.

Fast forward from 2016 to today. Everything you are saying is true and I can't explain it man. I wish I could. I'm sitting here with my dad (Morgantown Dad, LOL) watching his Texas Tech Red Raiders and neither one of us can figure out WTF is happening to Louisville or why.

Ok. My premise was the mindset of when the contract was extended in 2016, and none of the stuff you say, while true, has anything to do with that.

Fast forward from 2016 to today. Everything you are saying is true and I can't explain it man. I wish I could. I'm sitting here with my dad (Morgantown Dad, LOL) watching his Texas Tech Red Raiders and neither one of us can figure out WTF is happening to Louisville or why.

Morgantown Dad.
I like that.

Reactions: Morgantown Card
He is 1-12 against top 25 teams since his return. He is 11-27 against teams with a .500 record. His record has gotten worse every year he’s been here. He could only win 9 games with the Heisman trophy winner. 3 defensive coordinators in 3 years. Our recruiting class is ranked #70 in the nation. Our best two recruits decommitted this week, and our freshman QB announced he’s transferring. He will not replace his coaches because four of them are related to him.

Full disclosure I have no idea when the extension was completed. Here my the problem, assuming the extension was done after the year, he gave him an extension to him with no long term plan for the defense. There was zero effort to look at that side of the ball. Anyone could tell the defense was trending down and you got rid/lost the guy who built the defense. I don't think they hired the right guy from the start. It was a short term hire not a program building hire. The last Houston, UK and LSU games the signs were all there that the defense was trending in the wrong direction.

The plan was apparently to throw $900,000 to people that never showed they could build or develop a good defense at a power 5 school. The reason Petrino won't be here next year is because Tom and Petrino didn't value defense at all. I am convinced anyone can have a good offense in college football, but there aren't many people that can coach defense.

Reactions: Sultan__of__Swine
Blaming TJ makes no sense; CBP is 100% responsible for this football team and for that matter his own coaching career. I want Bobby gone, but I can recall those times when UL Administration and fans a like were glad to have him, and supported efforts to “lock him in”.

If anyone can go back to 2016 and produce evidence they took exception to TJ initiating Petrino’s contract extension ............ please step forward with documentation. Let’s focus on a solution rather than blaming past decisions that require 20/20 vision looking backwards.

Reactions: zipp
Blaming TJ makes no sense; CBP is 100% responsible for this football team and for that matter his own coaching career. I want Bobby gone, but I can recall those times when UL Administration and fans a like were glad to have him, and supported efforts to “lock him in”.

If anyone can go back to 2016 and produce evidence they took exception to TJ initiating Petrino’s contract extension ............ please step forward with documentation. Let’s focus on a solution rather than blaming past decisions that require 20/20 vision looking backwards.

And producing evidence does what ?

TJ , ULAA, and the board didnt ask one fan about it.

If you had asked me i would have said HELL NO.

...assuming the extension was done after the year, he gave him an extension to him with no long term plan for the defense. There was zero effort to look at that side of the ball. Anyone could tell the defense was trending down and you got rid/lost the guy who built the defense...
The 2016 extension came after year two of Bobby 2.0. We had a pretty solid defense that year, and it was before Wakeyleaks...

Exactly right. There was widespread support for further locking down Petrino in 2016. Anything to the contrary is just a differing opinion--there's always a minority POV--or revisionist thinking. Maybe we can rent a crystal ball next time...

Reactions: PHCARD
He is 1-12 against top 25 teams since his return. He is 11-27 against teams with a .500 record. His record has gotten worse every year he’s been here. He could only win 9 games with the Heisman trophy winner. 3 defensive coordinators in 3 years. Our recruiting class is ranked #70 in the nation. Our best two recruits decommitted this week, and our freshman QB announced he’s transferring. He will not replace his coaches because four of them are related to him.
Brohm is 9-9 against unranked P5 teams during his head coaching tenure...

Reactions: PHCARD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT