ADVERTISEMENT

Two games at the Yum Sunday?

Yep. Tyra said they’ve sold out the entire lower bowl for the MTSU game so the uppers will be open. That’s absolutely incredible if you ask me.

Reactions: Morgantown Card
Yep. Tyra said they’ve sold out the entire lower bowl for the MTSU game so the uppers will be open. That’s absolutely incredible if you ask me.
I'm glad for the turnout. But sell tickets for 10-15% of what they normally sell for, and you get different results...

I don't think anybodys happy . Some fans are just more happy to support the team.

Only happiness out of this i would like is for those guys to give it their all the rest of the way and go out a winner as NIT champs. Cause they have had nothing but bad fortune they need too have some good things to happen for them for once.

Last edited:
I can across a guy on Facebook who, more than once, is claiming that fans are satisfied about the 13 loss season and NIT appearance. Cheering on the team does not mean "I'm really happy how this season is going." Might as well go foward and not continue to moan about the past.

On that subject, "Facebook UofL fans" are a different breed than what you'll find on these message boards, I've found.

Not so happy just supporting the team.
You're responding a clown show apologist (last guy in the line-up)...

parade%20of%20fools%202_zpsdkfvdkfu.jpg

I love UofL and so do you guys! Go Cards!
Hank don’t worry about trying to unite the fan base. The factions are too strong. There are those who want to move on, and those who can’t let go of the past. The past was great, and the current crew screwed up big in a few areas, but maybe going the Baylor route was the only way to save our asses from total destruction. It worked for them with the rape cover up which is way worse than giving a guy 100k.

Oh well,I like the John L smith approach - let’s rip off the rear view mirror. Time to move forward. We got a men’s game tomorrow, the women’s team is a number 1 seed and the baseball team is going for another series win. Lots of positives! Can’t let the Debbie downers bring others down!

The "rear view mirror" is dangling on the side of the car. Get rid of the clown show and their handiwork. Not until then...

Beginnings_zpspill7bd2.jpg

The "rear view mirror" is dangling on the side of the car. Get rid of the clown show and their handiwork. Not until then...

Beginnings_zpspill7bd2.jpg
Zipp is their any chance you will warm up to Tyra? I think Grissom and Postel have proven to be the incompetent ones here when it comes to building the university. Tyra I am still ok with as of now.

I love UofL and so do you guys! Go Cards!
Hank don’t worry about trying to unite the fan base. The factions are too strong. There are those who want to move on, and those who can’t let go of the past. The past was great, and the current crew screwed up big in a few areas, but maybe going the Baylor route was the only way to save our asses from total destruction. It worked for them with the rape cover up which is way worse than giving a guy 100k.

You guys never cease to amaze me. The past is the past my concern is with the BOT and Postel. Tyra doesn’t bother me. If you guys are so blind that you can’t see what’s going on with the BOT well that’s your issue and you can just keep your heads buried in the sand. Denial might work for you but I deal in facts and reality. And the fact is we have almost zero representation on that BOT. That is not good. Grissom was sighted again for not following the rules. When Ramsey pulled that crap it was wrong and it is now.

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
You guys never cease to amaze me. The past is the past my concern is with the BOT and Postel. Tyra doesn’t bother me. If you guys are so blind that you can’t see what’s going on with the BOT well that’s your issue and you can just keep your heads buried in the sand. Denial might work for you but I deal in facts and reality. And the fact is we have almost zero representation on that BOT. That is not good. Grissom was sighted again for not following the rules. When Ramsey pulled that crap it was wrong and it is now.
I agree that Postel and the BOT are the problems. Postel is soon on his way out, but the BOT is unfortunately here to stay. I just hope they stay out of Tyra’s way once the new president is on board. The facts and reality are that this BOT has been approved by our accrediting agency after many hoops had to be jumped through. If, God-willing, Bevin is a one term governor, the next guy would put our accredidation in jeopardy if he pulled the stuff Bevin did. Bevin kinda screwed U of L.

The BOT does concern me and I’ve pointed out specific things that are discouraging. Even today they have a meeting scheduled right during the women’s game - which is at best tone deaf. Heck, I was one of the first people on here expressing concern about the way Bevin was taking a “throwing the baby out with the bath water” approach to the Board. Of course the Bevin supporters on here thought that was blasphemy. Regardless my hope is that these are highly successful people and in my experience successful people want great results despite whatever their alma mater is or other considerations.
On the other hand, I had the audacity to say that there were missteps made by Jurich and Ramsey. Because of that, Zipp has persistently gotten his hackles up and has decided that anything spoken positively of the university right now must be construed as a negative towards Ramsey and TJ. He has constantly bashed Tyra - calling him scumbag, idiot in addition to some ridiculous memes. That’s his prerogative but I think it shows where he is coming from, which isn’t “based on facts and reality”.

I agree that Postel and the BOT are the problems. Postel is soon on his way out, but the BOT is unfortunately here to stay. I just hope they stay out of Tyra’s way once the new president is on board. The facts and reality are that this BOT has been approved by our accrediting agency after many hoops had to be jumped through. If, God-willing, Bevin is a one term governor, the next guy would put our accredidation in jeopardy if he pulled the stuff Bevin did. Bevin kinda screwed U of L.

Ok we are in total agreement. I misunderstood your earlier email

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT