ADVERTISEMENT

tried and failed calling into a 790 show today

T-Bone74

Four-Star Poster
Aug 5, 2001
So for the first time today I heard that Coffy dude that's on during the lunch hour. He and some dude (i assume the guy that answers the phone) were talking about the UT-VT football game being played at Bristol Motor Speedway. They then went on to discuss the idea of UK and UL playing at Sparta. So they talk about that and something else for like 10-15 mins and ZERO calls...ZERO. So I thought I'd call and chime in on the Bristol game and the idea of UL-UK at Sparta....so I call and the dude answers and I said I had a comment about the UT-VT game and he says "yea so what? the UT-VT game? you got the wrong show" and he was pretty short in his tone too...I said isn't this the coffy show and he said "yes but that was a while ago" so I just hung up.

Wow what a jerk...who is that dude?? I've called Rutherford show before and their dude that answers thanks you for calling and is very polite and doesn't grill you on what you want to say. I just give him my topic and he puts me on hold.

790 might want to re-think who answers the phone. Wow that dude was not pleasant...maybe he was having a bad day. I won't call back to find out tho.

Reactions: Louisvillian
i used to listen to Nick Coffey when he was on 1450 in the evenings. he is a really cool guy and bleeds cardinal red amazing though cause he is from Bullitt county. One bad thing though about him matt jones is his buddy guess we all hve some type of warts. Now the call screener is a bit of a jerk though.

i used to listen to Nick Coffey when he was on 1450 in the evenings. he is a really cool guy and bleeds cardinal red amazing though cause he is from Bullitt county. One bad thing though about him matt jones is his buddy guess we all hve some type of warts. Now the call screener is a bit of a jerk though.

Yep he seemed pretty good...will listen but won't call. That call screener was a piece of work

The screener on Coffey's show is named Matt, and I think his last name is Allen. He's a total a$$hat as you say.

I had a similar experience about a month ago. I called on a topic that Nick was discussing, and the a$$hat says "yeah, what about it?" I don't recall my exact reply, but I embellished my position a little. And he comes back with "and so?" To which I replied, "am I having a discussion with you or Nick?" His answer was something like "right now, you're having one with me." And I said "no I'm not" and hung up.

The really bad part is I wrote an email to the WKRD VP, station manager, whatever, by the name of Earl Jones. New guy in town who's supposed to be revolutionizing WKRD. I commented that the "producers" for his shows need to be more plugged into U of L and conversant and knowledgeable on U of L athletics. The aforementioned a$$hat says he's not even much of a college sports fan. (Sidebar: Same complaint about Spencer Keitzman (sp?) who was reportedly fired from the R&R Show...)

And no answer of any kind from Earl Jones.

This sounds way too much like the WKRD of old, and I've already started bypassing Coffey's show. Nick's weakness is the a$$hat appears to be quite a bit smarter than he is on his own show, which gives Coffey and U of L a bad look. I've started using those hours to listen to a podcast of Howie's and Deener's shows. Next time I get a Q&A opportunity with Jurich or a CAF staffer, I plan to bring up our experiences with good old WKRD. Some things never change...

Reactions: Louisvillian
The screener on Coffey's show is named Matt, and I think his last name is Allen. He's a total a$$hat as you say.

I had a similar experience about a month ago. I called on a topic that Nick was discussing, and the a$$hat says "yeah, what about it?" I don't recall my exact reply, but I embellished my position a little. And he comes back with "and so?" To which I replied, "am I having a discussion with you or Nick?" His answer was something like "right now, you're having one with me." And I said "no I'm not" and hung up.

The really bad part is I wrote an email to the WKRD VP, station manager, whatever, by the name of Earl Jones. New guy in town who's supposed to be revolutionizing WKRD. I commented that the "producers" for his shows need to be more plugged into U of L and conversant and knowledgeable on U of L athletics. The aforementioned a$$hat says he's not even much of a college sports fan. (Sidebar: Same complaint about Spencer Keitzman (sp?) who was reportedly fired from the R&R Show...)

This sounds way too much like the WKRD of old, and I've already started bypassing Coffey's show. Nick's weakness is the a$$hat appears to be quite a bit smarter than he is on his own show, which gives Coffey and U of L a bad look. I've started using those hours to listen to a podcast of Howie's and Deener's shows. Next time I get a Q&A opportunity with Jurich or a CAF staffer, I plan to bring up our experiences with good old WKRD. Some things never change...
That's the guy, Matt Allen. He is a phone screener Nazi and apparently an all around D-bag. Lots of us have had the same experience with this punk.

It's inderstandable for your call screener to be a tad vigilant but how this turd keeps his job must be a behind-the-doors company secret.

The issue as Boner points out is Coffey gets no calls. None. It's basically him, the producer, and guests to the show. It's not like they NEED to filter good and bad callers.

Complete turn off. And I'm sorry to say that it looks like MA is also Howie's producer. At least he seldom gets to talk during those three hours...

Nick Coffey can choose whomever to be friends with but if you want to be friends with a serial liar then be at least up front with him and call him out on his lying positions. Especially when it concerns our athletic director. That goes for Tony Vanetti also.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Yes! Haha that's exactly what he did. He questioned my topic and said I had the wrong show. When I said they were just talking about it he said "oh yea that was a while ago....what about it?"

Never will call again....don't need that drama

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT