ADVERTISEMENT

Trending: Petrino new QB coach at Missouri.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean that Petrino stopped holding meetings and that players couldn't go to coaches' offices?

Sounds like a little more than opinions and guesses. In fact, it was enough for a national reporter who could be sued for quantifiable damages related to defamation to PRINT THE STORY.

That's a little more compelling that you standing behind "Vince" apologies...
Well, I don’t think Vince NQ has apologized, nor should he, for abiding by a contract, even though he didn’t negotiate it. The bit about the reporter is funny, since Petrino is clearly a public figure, and his options with that type of report are very limited.

You claim the Vince NQ didn’t try to negotiate. You don’t know this. He may have consulted counsel and was told that the university’s best option was to honor the contract.

BTW, weren’t you the guy who questioned Petrino’s firing and thought the staff was doing a good job? After all, most got hired after the termination, right? Now you are saying Bobby and staff tanked and Bobby should not have received the full payout he negotiated.

Well, I don’t think Vince NQ has apologized, nor should he, for abiding by a contract, even though he didn’t negotiate it...
"Vince" inherited a lotta stuff. Does that mean he's powerless to do anything but accept it? Tell that to the 6-7 coaches he's fired or run off.
...The bit about the reporter is funny, since Petrino is clearly a public figure, and his options with that type of report are very limited...
You practicing law again? You're saying that a high profile guy looking for work can't claim damages for lies and misinformation printed about him in that line of work?
...You claim the Vince NQ didn’t try to negotiate. You don’t know this. He may have consulted counsel and was told that the university’s best option was to honor the contract...
You saying he did? I don't recall that disclosure. I do recall about 24 hours elapsed before "Vince" announced that Petrino was being paid in full.

I also might get a second legal opinion if $14 million was involved. And I might explain that publicly. Of course, I'm the farthest thing from a "Vince" apologist.
...BTW, weren’t you the guy who questioned Petrino’s firing and thought the staff was doing a good job? After all, most got hired after the termination, right? Now you are saying Bobby and staff tanked and Bobby should not have received the full payout he negotiated.
Not sure if you're just forgetting over and over...

I never said Petrino and staff were doing good jobs. I also never said he shouldn't have been replaced. I HAVE SAID CONSISTENTLY that how you do something matters. The clowns don't understand "how". Idiots like the BoT and "Vince" simply believe the end justifies the means.

I HAVE SAID that U of L can't afford $25 million, which is what swapping Petrino for Brohm would have cost. No chance that money would have been recouped anytime soon, if ever. And substituting Satterfield for Brohm doesn't fix anything. In exchange for $5-10 million saved, we got a guy that 3% of the fanbase wanted before "Vince" struck out with Brohm.

Your AD's a clown and he performs like a clown...

"Vince" inherited a lotta stuff. Does that mean he's powerless to do anything but accept it? Tell that to the 6-7 coaches he's fired or run off.
If you inherit a contract, you honor the contract. I don’t know who Vince NQ had “run off”, but in terminating Bobby and staff he still met the obligations the university agreed to.

You practicing law again? You're saying that a high profile guy looking for work can't claim damages for lies and misinformation printed about him in that line of work?

You saying he did? I don't recall that disclosure. I do recall about 24 hours elapsed before "Vince" announced that Petrino was being paid in full.
[/QUOTE]
I’m saying I don’t know. Neither do you.

Your AD's a clown and he performs like a clown...[/QUOTE]
UofLs AD, not mine. I simply defend correct, civilized behavior. I don’t defend the contract. As I have said before, I think Vince NQ is simply a bridge between Jurich and a professional AD. He was hired in haste because TJ was removed in haste. That is the fault of the BoT, not Vince NQ. He was asked to serve and has done his best. When we get clear of Adidas gate, I think (hope) Grissom steps aside, and shortly after, Vince NQ.

It has nothing to do with "correct, civilized behavior", whatever the hell that means. How civilized and correct was Jurich treated by the same clowns?

If "Vince" engaged in anything resembling a negotiation with Petrino before handing him $14 million, he's more stupid than I thought he was by saying nothing in the aftermath. And he's truly a clown with zero transferable skills if that's an indication of his abilities...

It has nothing to do with "correct, civilized behavior", whatever the hell that means. How civilized and correct was Jurich treated by the same clowns?
Jurich wasn’t treated any way at all by Vince NQ. Other people did that. You have to stop blaming Vince NQ for what other people did. If you don’t know what “the hell” correct, civilized behavior is, all I can say is that I am not surprised.

Reactions: Art79
Jurich wasn’t treated any way at all by Vince NQ. Other people did that. You have to stop blaming Vince NQ for what other people did. If you don’t know what “the hell” correct, civilized behavior is, all I can say is that I am not surprised.
And since when is "Vince" making $14 million decisions for U of L? You actually think Petrino's fate was decided entirely by the AD? In addition to apologizing for "Vince", you're now hiding behind him.

Last time I checked, the clown works for the same clowns who hired him. Trying to separate them is delusion and denial...

Last time I checked, the clown works for the same clowns who hired him. Trying to separate them is delusion and denial...
Check again; and while you’re at it, ask yourself about a situation where someone takes a great job with a great company, but their immediate boss has done some things which make things difficult for the company before he ever joins. Is the new employee to blame? If you think he is, then I strongly disagree. If you think he’s not, then you must stop ripping Vince NQ and Neeli (“LMS”) because of who hired them. This is not delusion. It is reality.

Reactions: Mayoman
Check again; and while you’re at it, ask yourself about a situation where someone takes a great job with a great company, but their immediate boss has done some things which make things difficult for the company before he ever joins. Is the new employee to blame? If you think he is, then I strongly disagree. If you think he’s not, then you must stop ripping Vince NQ and Neeli (“LMS”) because of who hired them. This is not delusion. It is reality.
To ground your argument, you're creating a hypothetical that borders on fantasy. Far more commonplace is a manager hiring an employee who thinks more like him/her than not, and someone he connects with at a personal level.

Having interviewed countless people in the past, I could probably count on one hand how many I came away with a favorable impression who were my direct opposite. It's not intuitive nor is it normal human behavior.

Could "Vince" and Little Miss Sunshine be entirely unlike Gruesome, Schnatter, Postel, etc? Sure. Is that likely? Of course not--and because the odds are skewed significantly in my favor, I predict it won't be true...

To ground your argument, you're creating a hypothetical that borders on fantasy. Far more commonplace is a manager hiring an employee who thinks more like him/her than not, and someone he connects with at a personal level.

Having interviewed countless people in the past, I could probably count on one hand how many I came away with a favorable impression who were my direct opposite. It's not intuitive nor is it normal human behavior.

Could "Vince" and Little Miss Sunshine be entirely unlike Gruesome, Schnatter, Postel, etc? Sure. Is that likely? Of course not--and because the odds are skewed significantly in my favor, I predict it won't be true...
The hypothetical does not border in fantasy. If you discover the fundamental character of an interviewee in a relatively short exchange, you are the most brilliant interviewer who ever lived (I doubt you are). If you only hire people who think the way you do, you have done a disservice to your employer.
Dr Bendapudi (LMS to you) should be considered as a different case from Vince NQ. Her hiring was the product of an extensive search. It is interesting that Postel was not given the permanent gig, even though he wanted it. This is telling - dissention within the “clown show”, perhaps? LMS is a seasoned, professional administrator from a well-respected institution who has been exposed to ideas and practices outside the influence of “clowns”. It is altogether reasonable that she would see things differently and eventually be quite independent of Grissom et al.

Vince NQ was a panic hire to fill a vacancy created by a panic fire. He had no background for his position. He would seem to be more likely to be less independent of the BoT (LMS did not hire him). However, he did hire Chris Mack at a price supposedly well above what Grissom wanted to offer. So there is hope. Things will get interesting when Grissom retires or dies, whichever comes first.

Reactions: SoulSr
The hypothetical does not border in fantasy. If you discover the fundamental character of an interviewee in a relatively short exchange, you are the most brilliant interviewer who ever lived (I doubt you are). If you only hire people who think the way you do, you have done a disservice to your employer.
Dr Bendapudi (LMS to you) should be considered as a different case from Vince NQ. Her hiring was the product of an extensive search. It is interesting that Postel was not given the permanent gig, even though he wanted it. This is telling - dissention within the “clown show”, perhaps? LMS is a seasoned, professional administrator from a well-respected institution who has been exposed to ideas and practices outside the influence of “clowns”. It is altogether reasonable that she would see things differently and eventually be quite independent of Grissom et al.

Vince NQ was a panic hire to fill a vacancy created by a panic fire. He had no background for his position. He would seem to be more likely to be less independent of the BoT (LMS did not hire him). However, he did hire Chris Mack at a price supposedly well above what Grissom wanted to offer. So there is hope. Things will get interesting when Grissom retires or dies, whichever comes first.
Never said I hired people who were exactly like me. I said I didn't have favorable impressions of interviewees who were nothing like me--in important areas--nor does any manager. Yet, that's what you and others are hoping for in U of L's situation.

There's no reason to believe that a search process would lead to significantly different results. The search firm applied the criteria that the BoT handed it. That essentially yields the same results, it just takes the BoT out of the mechanics of the process.

"Vince" and LMS will be shown--as they're already doing--to be two peas in the same pod...

"Vince" is great at choosing which battles he wants to fight, e.g., NCAA banners. Unfortunately, he's not real convincing on why/how he makes those choices.

I don't need to unearth any evidence exonerating The Master. The FBI and their targets are doing a pretty damn good job...

pitino_zps0czahgkc.jpg

Freezing Cold Takes

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT