ADVERTISEMENT

Trend I have noticed since Strong left ...

Jan 6, 2018
Many of our players now look like that dessert drink, Mr. Smoothie. Way too much body fat and no definition. And they are getting pushed all over the field they are so weak. Looks like they don't even know where the weight room is. What do these guys do in the off season besides eat and smoke? The guy on the defensive line yesterday with the muffin top was an embarrassment to see in a Louisville uniform. Just more evidence of zero discipline and leadership in the program. These players have no concept of what it takes to win and they don't seem to care.

Agreed except for the 2016 team was 9-1 and ranked in the top 10.
Since that epic Clemson game, the wheels have fallen off.

That 3 game season ending debacle, culminating in LSU smashing the Cards is
when i first called for Petrino to pack up and go.

Reactions: CardsFirst
I don't think we really understood how poorly the Oline coaching was because of Lamar. No team has a shot with poor Oline-Dline play. That is the most glaring issue since his return.

Reactions: CardsFirst
I don't think we really understood how poorly the Oline coaching was because of Lamar. No team has a shot with poor Oline-Dline play. That is the most glaring issue since his return.
Here is why I know the problem with our program is Petrino and not merely bad assistant coaches. We have one of the best O-line coaches in the business but it sure doesn't look like it. It would not surprise me if some of our assistant coaches are extremely disappointed in how Petrino is now running the program compared to how 1.0 used to run it.

Last edited:
Many of our players now look like that dessert drink, Mr. Smoothie. Way too much body fat and no definition. And they are getting pushed all over the field they are so weak. Looks like they don't even know where the weight room is. What do these guys do in the off season besides eat and smoke? The guy on the defensive line yesterday with the muffin top was an embarrassment to see in a Louisville uniform. Just more evidence of zero discipline and leadership in the program. These players have no concept of what it takes to win and they don't seem to care.
Must be talking about Dumervil. He looks like a shorter version of ex-kitty Matt Elam! Embarrassing, if that’s the best we got - well, we’re in trouble!

Reactions: MikeMcCammon
Must be talking about Dumervil. He looks like a shorter version of ex-kitty Matt Elam! Embarrassing, if that’s the best we got - well, we’re in trouble!
Yeah I finally figured it out. The only thing he could dominate is the lunch line. I was afraid he was going to have a heart attack chasing the quarterback.

Mike is a low class bum criticizing our players like this. Does he still earn a crappy paycheck on cardinal authority? If so, I would think he might want to temper his insults.

Reactions: BPGhost
Mike is a low class bum criticizing our players like this. Does he still earn a crappy paycheck on cardinal authority? If so, I would think he might want to temper his insults.
You called our team abysmal. I called them out of shape and unmotivated. Which is worse?

Dude is a freshman that just got to u of L like 2 months ago. Nephew of Elvis Dumervil I believe. I have a feeling he won’t be seeing the field if he doesn’t get in better shape. Surprising to see him and not Allen Love. Well the first 4 games are up so I bet that’s his last go around until next season.

Side note, how about you go tell Mekhi Becton he needs to hit the weight room And then line up across from him in the trenches. I have a feeling that wouldn’t end well. Same goes for taking a hit from Dee Smith, trying to tackle Dae Williams. I have a feeling none of those attempts would be successful.

Reactions: hetviecj
I'm a die hard UK fan but through work was sitting at the head table for the UL lunch in at the Marriott this year a month or so ago and I called my buddy who is a giant UL fan and said what the OP mentioned verbatim to him. Pass, Dee Smith, Jaylen Smith, and McNeil were all there and got on stage to talk and I was just a few feet from them and none of them had any definition or size to them at all. I was shocked.

Making fun of 18 year-old kids for their body types is low-class. It's especially low-class and specifically aggravating coming from a chump like Mike who probably never played a sport and likely can't bench his body weight.

I'm a die hard UK fan but through work was sitting at the head table for the UL lunch in at the Marriott this year a month or so ago and I called my buddy who is a giant UL fan and said what the OP mentioned verbatim to him. Pass, Dee Smith, Jaylen Smith, and McNeil were all there and got on stage to talk and I was just a few feet from them and none of them had any definition or size to them at all. I was shocked.
Dude - you’re a liar flat out. So you - as a diehard yut fan were sitting with the coaches and their wives? Bullshit.

Pass is 6’4” 225 - yeah he’s got “no size”. Lemme guess - you’re 6’8” and a chiseled 275.

Where are these effing yut rubes coming from? I know Steelers took a step back but seriously, are there any mods left?

UK football is setting the bar for excellence both on the field and in muscular aesthetics. Just ask the Kroger Field Klowns.

Dude is a freshman that just got to u of L like 2 months ago. Nephew of Elvis Dumervil I believe. I have a feeling he won’t be seeing the field if he doesn’t get in better shape. Surprising to see him and not Allen Love. Well the first 4 games are up so I bet that’s his last go around until next season.

Side note, how about you go tell Mekhi Becton he needs to hit the weight room And then line up across from him in the trenches. I have a feeling that wouldn’t end well. Same goes for taking a hit from Dee Smith, trying to tackle Dae Williams. I have a feeling none of those attempts would be successful.
Look tough guy, the team's lack of physical conditioning is pretty obvious. People were noticing it last season too. I think it is one of the factors in the team's decline and another sign that Petrino has no control over the program or the players. You want to personalize that and somehow make it about me go ahead and knock yourself out. Doesn't change reality and the fact there are legitimate reasons why we suck. I saw the same thing by Kragthorpe's last season. We played a game that year against Cincinnati and our guys were wincing after taking hits because they were in such poor shape. It was sad and what I saw yesterday was sad too. You must not be much of fan to not have a problem with it.

Look tough guy, the team's lack of physical conditioning is pretty obvious. People were noticing it last season too. I think it is one of the factors in the team's decline and another sign that Petrino has no control over the program or the players. You want to personalize that and somehow make it about me go ahead and knock yourself out. Doesn't change reality and the fact there are legitimate reasons why we suck. I saw the same thing by Kragthorpe's last season. We played a game that year against Cincinnati and our guys were wincing after taking hits because they were in such poor shape. It was sad and what I saw yesterday was sad too. You must not be much of fan to not have a problem with it.
I do have a problem with the way the game went, but honestly, I think it falls squarely on the play calling and decision making of Bobby. Something isn’t right with our QBs and our WRs. We have been very good at those positions up until this year, so I think the team/staff chemistry is off. I think it’s also weird that we are running the ball off tackle 3 consecutive times with no creativity involved as well on the goal line. Something is off, but I think it’s more with the coaching staff than the players. We played a pretty physical game as far as the defense and special teams go. It’s solely an offense problem. Plus, you’re the one taking personal shots at college kids. It’s just immature.

I do have a problem with the way the game went, but honestly, I think it falls squarely on the play calling and decision making of Bobby.
Which proves you don't know jack sh*t about football. You think the play calling is the fundamental problem on this team? Seriously? LOL

Which proves you don't know jack sh*t about football. You think the play calling is the fundamental problem on this team? Seriously? LOL
I know that going for it on 4th down on your own 30 is a crap call, and I know running up the gut 3 consecutive times from your own 5 to no avail is a pretty crappy call on the goal line. Also, again with personal attacks? I really hope people aren’t serious when they say you have your own column. SMH.

And one more thing, if these players can take a little criticism from me about their conditioning, they shouldn't be playing college football. They should be hiding in their safe space with a therapy dog.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
I know that going for it on 4th down on your own 30 is a crap call, and I know running up the gut 3 consecutive times from your own 5 to no avail is a pretty crappy call on the goal line. Also, again with personal attacks? I really hope people aren’t serious when they say you have your own column. SMH.
When you can't move the ball forward when you are first and goal on the two yard line against Virginia and you can't even get a push against Indiana State and Western, it sort of proves my point about lack of conditioning and strength.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card

Play calling is DEFINITELY a problem,
dating back to Lamar's sophomore season.

Combine that with uninspired play and you have this garbage called UofL football.

So fundamental or not , Petrino's calls and or the players play on the field is at a JV level.

When you can't move the ball forward when you are first and goal on the two yard line against Virginia and you can't even get a push against Indiana State and Western, it sort of proves my point about lack of conditioning and strength.
It’s also a numbers game. 9 on 11 isn’t gonna work out regardless of how strong you are. We were predictable. And yeah, OL hasn’t been a strong point in BP’s tenure, but we aren’t playing CUSA, AAC or Big East lines anymore. We’ve never been able to put a top-flight OL together. We’ve put a few guys in the NFL in the history of our program, but that’s about it. DL has drastically declined since CS left, but that was his bread and butter. You have a point that we aren’t strong at the point of attack, but it has never been our strong suit.

It’s also a numbers game. 9 on 11 isn’t gonna work out regardless of how strong you are. We were predictable. And yeah, OL hasn’t been a strong point in BP’s tenure, but we aren’t playing CUSA, AAC or Big East lines anymore. We’ve never been able to put a top-flight OL together. We’ve put a few guys in the NFL in the history of our program, but that’s about it. DL has drastically declined since CS left, but that was his bread and butter. You have a point that we aren’t strong at the point of attack, but it has never been our strong suit.
OL was excellent under Petrino 1.0 but the biggest difference there was the center position and having Eric Wood. Petrino 2.0 is in his 5th season and still hasn't recruited a top notch center. Being a good OLman involves building strength and foot work. A bad attitude helps. Our OL has largely sucked since Petrino returned but he has been great at recruiting receivers who can't get separation from Indiana State and can't catch the ball. Play calling is the least of this team's problems.

OL was excellent under Petrino 1.0 but the biggest difference there was the center position and having Eric Wood. Petrino 2.0 is in his 5th season and still hasn't recruited a top notch center. Being a good OLman involves building strength and foot work. A bad attitude helps. Our OL has largely sucked since Petrino returned but he has been great at recruiting receivers who can't get separation from Indiana State and can't catch the ball. Play calling is the least of this team's problems.

even if he had five, 5 star lineman, he has to call better offensive plays.

3 straight runs that resulted in negative yardage and a FG was abysmal.

even if he had five, 5 star lineman, he has to call better offensive plays.

3 straight runs that resulted in negative yardage and a FG was abysmal.
A decent offensive line would have run it right down their throat. Another bonehead move during that series was bringing Pass in and losing the option of rolling out Cunningham who could have run it in himself. Total sh*t show in every way imaginable.

A decent offensive line would have run it right down their throat. Another bonehead move during that series was bringing Pass in and losing the option of rolling out Cunningham who could have run it in himself. Total sh*t show in every way imaginable.

You proved the point that it was play calling and personnel.

Bring in Malik, he RPOs it, Cards score a TD.
He could have called an RPO with Puma.

He could have called a pass play.

He could have never came back to Louisville but I digress.

Dude - you’re a liar flat out. So you - as a diehard yut fan were sitting with the coaches and their wives? Bullshit.

Pass is 6’4” 225 - yeah he’s got “no size”. Lemme guess - you’re 6’8” and a chiseled 275.

Where are these effing yut rubes coming from? I know Steelers took a step back but seriously, are there any mods left?
no actually I was sitting in front of the coaches and their wives and Vince and his family literally at the head table. I was with Cannon who puts on the event. I am professional so wasn't giving them the finger and go cats in their face. That's not how business works in the real world. Vince is actually a class act, stand up, guy. The players were noticeably not muscular why the hell would I or anyone just make that up. I honestly text my buddy about the guys lack of size because I was wondering if Petrino had gone to like a Tom Brady/Alex Guerro method where they literally they don't want guys to be built they want them to flexible and pliable. And I'm a solid 6'3 195 of twisted steel and sex appeal.

no actually I was sitting in front of the coaches and their wives and Vince and his family literally at the head table. I was with Cannon who puts on the event. I am professional so wasn't giving them the finger and go cats in their face. That's not how business works in the real world. Vince is actually a class act, stand up, guy. The players were noticeably not muscular why the hell would I or anyone just make that up. I honestly text my buddy about the guys lack of size because I was wondering if Petrino had gone to like a Tom Brady/Alex Guerro method where they literally they don't want guys to be built they want them to flexible and pliable. And I'm a solid 6'3 195 of twisted steel and sex appeal.

Lmao...corporate douche!

no actually I was sitting in front of the coaches and their wives and Vince and his family literally at the head table. I was with Cannon who puts on the event.
Yeah - you’re so high up that you misspelled the name of the company that invited you?

It’s Canon - not Cannon genius. If you got close to Tyra, it was to refill his water glass.

Again - flat out liar.

Reactions: vegasville1
You proved the point that it was play calling and personnel.

Bring in Malik, he RPOs it, Cards score a TD.
He could have called an RPO with Puma.

He could have called a pass play.

He could have never came back to Louisville but I digress.
Nope. Wasn't play calling nearly as much as having a weak out of shape team that can't even make a yard per carry against a mediocre team. ANY play should work with 4 chances to score from the 2 yard line. Based on everything you saw Saturday, do you think a pass play or option would have worked any better? Probably would have lost yards or had a penalty. The issue is not play calling.

Nope. Wasn't play calling nearly as much as having a weak out of shape team that can't even make a yard per carry against a mediocre team. ANY play should work with 4 chances to score from the 2 yard line. Based on everything you saw Saturday, do you think a pass play or option would have worked any better? Probably would have lost yards or had a penalty. The issue is not play calling.
You must not watch much football if you think that offenses can routinely line up and go 9 on 11 and be successful running the ball off tackle. Happens in EVERY game. I only watched about 30 minutes of the BC - Purdue game and I saw at least two examples of it. BC - who has a good OL - needed a yard and lined up with a two TE set and handed the ball off to Dillon - who I think we can all agree is a better RB than anyone UofL has, and got stuffed for no gain on one play and lost 2 yards on the other. No one is saying that Purdue's DL or defense in general is anything but average.

I guess that we can chalk that up to BC's OL being weak, out of shape, unmotivated weed smokers? Stating an uninformed and dumb position over and over, doesn't make it any less uninformed and dumb.

Thats my son and Dee Smith in my avatar, I strongly disagree that Dee Smith is not muscular, he is 6'1, 210 and pretty friggin ripped. And Jaylen Smith......can't catch a cold, but far from not muscular....again 6'4, 220 and is built like an NFL WR today! I dont care if you were on stage, you're an idiot. Why are you on here.......oh thats right, b/c KY football is finally relevant through the first 4 weeks of the season. Everyone is due to be good once every 25 years! MORON!

Reactions: KerryRhodes
You must not watch much football if you think that offenses can routinely line up and go 9 on 11 and be successful running the ball off tackle. Happens in EVERY game. I only watched about 30 minutes of the BC - Purdue game and I saw at least two examples of it. BC - who has a good OL - needed a yard and lined up with a two TE set and handed the ball off to Dillon - who I think we can all agree is a better RB than anyone UofL has, and got stuffed for no gain on one play and lost 2 yards on the other. No one is saying that Purdue's DL or defense in general is anything but average.

I guess that we can chalk that up to BC's OL being weak, out of shape, unmotivated weed smokers? Stating an uninformed and dumb position over and over, doesn't make it any less uninformed and dumb.

The problem with that is our O-line is almost never able to pick up short yards on an interior running play. If your O-line can't outmuscle Indiana State and Western consistently you have a big problem. It doesn't matter what plays you call when you are poorly prepared, weak, and can't execute. Those are the things that must be addressed.

Thats my son and Dee Smith in my avatar, I strongly disagree that Dee Smith is not muscular, he is 6'1, 210 and pretty friggin ripped. And Jaylen Smith......can't catch a cold, but far from not muscular....again 6'4, 220 and is built like an NFL WR today! I dont care if you were on stage, you're an idiot. Why are you on here.......oh thats right, b/c KY football is finally relevant through the first 4 weeks of the season. Everyone is due to be good once every 25 years! MORON!
Dude, I didn't say every single player was physically deficient. But it is so obvious that we have players on the field who lack muscularity and who are way out of shape. As a result we regularly get beaten on plays because we can't block and can't make tackles that require a little physical strength. And many of our guys look more like Sumo wrestlers than football players.

Dude, I didn't say every single player was physically deficient. But it is so obvious that we have players on the field who lack muscularity and who are way out of shape. As a result we regularly get beaten on plays because we can't block and can't make tackles that require a little physical strength. And many of our guys look more like Sumo wrestlers than football players.
There you go again exaggerating... one guy is not many. I urge you to google Vince Wilfork body issue if you want see what a nose tackle looks like. 13 years NFL but don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Last edited:

Who is our strength coach now? And do we have a team Dietitian? Muscle weight and speed wins games. But slow Fat Boys lose games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT