ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Quarterback?

Cardfan1937

One-Star Poster
Gold Member
Jan 24, 2014
What is that all about? Does that mean we lack confidence in the current roster?

What is that all about? Does that mean we lack confidence in the current roster?
We're losing Puma Pass off the roster more than likely. Malik cannot stay healthy & won't have Dez, Javian, & Tutu to bail him out next year. Might be good to have more options.

Remember, we planned to have Chubba Purdy & Tee Webb on this current roster. So this is more than likely a replacement for Purdy's spot.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Malik is a phenomenal athlete. He gives his all, too. He’s not an elite QB, however. We could use an upgrade at the position.

Malik is a phenomenal athlete. He gives his all, too. He’s not an elite QB, however. We could use an upgrade at the position.
We’ve definitely been spoiled by the previous kids at the QB position - so much so that we collectively undervalue Malik I think. Those idiots down the road would give up their tooth to have a QB of his caliber.

Everybody keeps saying this is TuTu’s final year has he announced that or is everybody just assuming that?

Reactions: Deeva
Everybody keeps saying this is TuTu’s final year has he announced that or is everybody just assuming that?
He's got some good stock. Probably rounds 4-6. He will put up some great numbers at a combine. He's a little guy, so why risk injury? And he's endured a rollercoaster since he's gotten here, I'm just assuming he'll likely go.

CSS said he likes to have around 5 QBs on the roster. So he’s just filling back up.

He’s not a transfer but Satterfield just got McElroy, QB from Trinity to flip his commitment from Butler to U of L. Welcome to the Ville!

He is called a preferred walk on? What exactly is meant by preferred?

He is actually a really good quarterback with good size, no offense he is better than Will Stein and he served his purpose.

I am not a recruiting Guru, but A) 6A state champ two years and a row B) Watching his HUDL films it seems like he is agile, can throw on the run, and his game includes deep throws and throws outside the hash marks. Kind of surprised he did not have more offers. Nothing in the highlight film I saw that says he could not be as good or better than Tee Webb. Am I missing something?

I am not a recruiting Guru, but A) 6A state champ two years and a row B) Watching his HUDL films it seems like he is agile, can throw on the run, and his game includes deep throws and throws outside the hash marks. Kind of surprised he did not have more offers. Nothing in the highlight film I saw that says he could not be as good or better than Tee Webb. Am I missing something?
Diamond in the rough. Who knows Satt saw something in him and we’re not going to have a pool of 5* QBs.

Having an a established QB is good and bad. That is the one position most schools struggle with depth. Coaches have to be very good at evaluating QB’s. Their clock is pretty short.

Find winners, and skills that fit the position then coach them up.

Opinion only there aren’t many 4 star transfers that were a backup that actually turned out to be a stud. Despite what parents or fans think coaches put players on the field that help them win.

They will have options next year. This year not so much.

Having an a established QB is good and bad. That is the one position most schools struggle with depth. Coaches have to be very good at evaluating QB’s. Their clock is pretty short.

Find winners, and skills that fit the position then coach them up.

Opinion only there aren’t many 4 star transfers that were a backup that actually turned out to be a stud. Despite what parents or fans think coaches put players on the field that help them win.

They will have options next year. This year not so much.
Like the Ridder kid at Cincy.

If Ledford can build an OL like we think he can, a lot of QB’s could look good for us.

And a few could be great.

Reactions: gocds and Mayoman
Like the Ridder kid at Cincy.

If Ledford can build an OL like we think he can, a lot of QB’s could look good for us.

And a few could be great.
That is a great example. Not highly recruited but clearly can play at this level. There obviously more risk in recruiting lower ranked guys, but it is the one position that where you don’t need numbers. Missing on multiple guys doesn’t kill you unless you continually miss...see KY.

Should have waited until the end of the game to post. It was a really good game but a two loss mid SEC team with quite a few players opting out end up beating a previously undefeated non P5 team.

It’s funny you talk about Georgia being a mid SEC team. I guess all those 5 star recruits they have are overrated and their whole roster is loaded with the 5 star recruits. I am not a Cincinnati fan but they played a great game. I guess Fickell was the better coach because his roster is loaded with blue collar kids.

Reactions: Mayoman
It’s funny you talk about Georgia being a mid SEC team. I guess all those 5 star recruits they have are overrated and their whole roster is loaded with the 5 star recruits. I am not a Cincinnati fan but they played a great game. I guess Fickell was the better coach because his roster is loaded with blue collar kids.
Well they finished fourth overall in the SEC, losing to both Bama and Florida and only beating the kitties 14-3. Not bad but far from the best of the league.

The same Florida that stunk up the joint against OK?

Looks like OK might be the best in the $EC

The same Florida that stunk up the joint against OK?

Looks like OK might be the best in the $EC
I think Florida was missing all of their best players. I mean their tight end who sat out might be the best college TE I’ve ever seen.

I think Florida was missing all of their best players. I mean their tight end who sat out might be the best college TE I’ve ever seen.
I agree.

But we cut ourselves NO slack when we played, and lost, without key players. Many on this very board decided we sucked.

Ten years from now when someone looks at the score it’s going to show Florida got their ass handed to them.

So all that matter is W’s and L’s.

I agree.

But we cut ourselves NO slack when we played, and lost, without key players. Many on this very board decided we sucked.

Ten years from now when someone looks at the score it’s going to show Florida got their ass handed to them.

So all that matter is W’s and L’s.
I think at that point in time we were unsure of how to handle to success so quickly and let outside noise get on our nerves.

We’d struggled through 3 years of Krag and Charlie’s first 2 years were just average, that late season run to get that BCS bowl win all happened so fast. Then the year of the Cardinal kept rolling along!

Reactions: PHCARD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT