ADVERTISEMENT

Towles

That leaves the Mildcats with 2 punks to lead their troops next year in Barker and Reese Phillips.

We know about Barker but you gotta love this tweet by Phillips after the beat down yesterday.

@ Reese Phillips11 "Louisville is still crap"

Nobody would understand what a steaming pile is, like a 3rd string QB at UKay. FIVE in a row cupcake.

He leaves there having never beaten the team he hated the most. Fitting that his last pass in a UK uniform was intercepted.
Reminds me of their punter Landon Foster. He the one who called our city a "toxic waste dump" after playing here as a freshman and exits his Mildcat career with a stellar 0-4 record against the Cards!

151128UKFB_ULPA1865%20(2)
"Why did I come here?"

Reactions: Cue Card
Smart move, if true. Good pickup for Div II or FCS. Both are from up here in NoKY and most of the locals felt Towles to be the better QB. Barker doesn't appear to have the arm strength.

He's a GRAD, so he can transfer to a D-1 School and play right away...Jeff will need an experienced QB at Western next year...Just a thought!!!

:cool:

Reactions: Steelers2012
Towles went to a private QB Coach during off season for coaching. Good that he is very serious about improving. Says a lot about his coaching at uk. Teens should never just go to a school - look at the coaching. Too bad they did not develop him. :mad:
Brohm, or others, could help him. Good for him!

Amazing Mildcat fact #634: Towles is UKay's 6th leading passer all time and is a junior. What in the name of Billy Jack Haskins is up with that?

Quarterback U.

I think if he really does transfer it is smart on his part, he realizes he made a mistake going there. I am just really shocked that they keep getting recruits to go there and play football for them.

I actually feel a little for him. Knowing their fanbase, they have been unmerciless and he probably can't go anywhere in Lexington. He's better off going somewhere else.

I actually feel a little for him. Knowing their fanbase, they have been unmerciless and he probably can't go anywhere in Lexington. He's better off going somewhere else.
Merciless or unmerciful not "unmerciless" which means the opposite of what you intended.

He is a tough kid, and has a decent arm, but needs work on accuracy and making plays under pressure. Can make plays with his legs. His receivers didnt help him much. Probably a good move-could you imagine him at WKU under Brohm?

Reactions: American Male
So many Big Blew fans were proclaiming Towles was an NFL player. Some said he'd be a 1st rounder, some said he would declare after this season, but all of them said he would be a draft pick. I told them that there was no way he would be a draft pick or an NFL'er. I posted something over there this morning reminding them of our conversations prior to the season. Shockingly, it was removed. I suppose some just can't handle the truth or being called out for being so wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT