ADVERTISEMENT

Top to Bottom Recruit Rankings

That and hell, you have to figure we got 6 zero's due to how Rivals does their rankings. Our quality of kids puts us more in line in the 40's and we have a few transfers that should contribute.

We had 10-15 less recruits than all other teams. If we would’ve had 25 of the kids we got we would’ve been in the 40s or something.

Can't we give the staff one actual class before we freak out?
Freak out? Are we reading the same thread? Stop freaking over a word. Plus our recruiting situation is not caused by this staff. Take a chill pill. Everybody comes out guns a blazing these days.

Last edited:
The 2020 class is off to a less impressive start, as well. And, now with another local kid picking UK, not good. I know, give it time. And I will. Just right now, there's not much momentum with recruiting.

Reactions: HRTheCard
The 2020 class is off to a less impressive start, as well. And, now with another local kid picking UK, not good. I know, give it time. And I will. Just right now, there's not much momentum with recruiting.

Seems like there have been too many "diamond in the rough" players offered..

Recruiting is a marathon rarely a flash. The 21 class will be the first class where we will see huge results. And we are in with really top notch players in that class. I truly believe the 4-5 star kids we're in on 2020 class are taking a wait and see approach after 2-10 and chaos last year. A really good season and we'll be reaping. BTW, Jon Hale is a punk, just saying.

The thing we can say with some certainty is that Brohm would be landing better recruits along with a bunch of transfers and kids who decommitted from Purdue. Has nothing to do with anyone's coaching abilities once they get here...

Well hell....somebody recruiting to a B10 school better be in on better recruits than somebody recruiting to say an 'Appy State' don't ya think? This is not rocket science.

And assuming that PU would release those players to transfer to where losing their very popular coach was ditching them to go to is a leap of faith. Oh never mind....you are always right.;)

Yes, coaching and recruiting abilities will come in to play from here on out though as to the type of recruits CSS will sign up. Looking forward to it and have the 'Brohm that never happened' scenario put in the rear view mirror where it belongs. :(o_O

Reality of what is vs that which didn't happen.:rolleyes::oops:o_O

Well hell....somebody recruiting to a B10 school better be in on better recruits than somebody recruiting to say an 'Appy State' don't ya think? This is not rocket science.

And assuming that PU would release those players to transfer to where losing their very popular coach was ditching them to go to is a leap of faith. Oh never mind....you are always right.;)

Yes, coaching and recruiting abilities will come in to play from here on out though as to the type of recruits CSS will sign up. Looking forward to it and have the 'Brohm that never happened' scenario put in the rear view mirror where it belongs. :(o_O

Reality of what is vs that which didn't happen.:rolleyes::oops:o_O
Are you denying the fan narrative this past December about how quickly Brohm will hit the ground running at U of L? Should be easy for us to find those threads along with the 99% fan sentiment barometer that he was the perfect guy for the job...

Reactions: HRTheCard
Are you denying the fan narrative this past December about how quickly Brohm will hit the ground running at U of L? Should be easy for us to find those threads along with the 99% fan sentiment barometer that he was the perfect guy for the job...

No, I am not denying that the fan base thought that.....and the fan base turned out to be mistaken. I am saying that Brohm was recruiting to a B10 school and ought to be in on higher rated recruits than CSS was at Appy State. That is a no brainer.

I was merely commenting on that 'degree of certainty' you stated in your post as to why that would be so. He (BROHM) had better be in on those type of players or what would that say about his recruiting abilities?

CSS did not have that same type of opportunity at Appy State due to conference affiliation.

Also, I was pointing out that you were assuming (leap of faith) that Brohm would bring transfers with him and that PU would release those players currently on the roster to follow him to UofL. Opinion vs 'wishing that to be a fact'....not in evidence, nor will it ever be as Brohm did not accept the Cards job. That is all.

Last edited:
No, I am not denying that the fan base thought that.....and the fan base turned out to be mistaken...
You don't know that they were mistaken about anything. In fact, I think they were 100% right that our recruiting would be way ahead of where it is now had "Vince" gotten that job done...

Dont understand what Brohm has to do with any of this???
Ask Zipp.
If you came in late and didn't notice...

The first dozen or so posts in this thread were from fans looking for answers, explanations, and perspective.

Where recruiting would have been had Plan A been put in place is one of those perspectives...

If you came in late and didn't notice...

The first dozen or so posts in this thread were from fans looking for answers, explanations, and perspective.

Where recruiting would have been had Plan A been put in place is one of those perspectives...

WE were talking about OUR recruiting and YOU brought up Brohm. Brohm has NOTHING to do with our recruiting. He played and coached here and I appreciate that, but that's it--quit bringing him up!

You don't know that they were mistaken about anything. In fact, I think they were 100% right that our recruiting would be way ahead of where it is now had "Vince" gotten that job done...

What I know is that the fan base who wanted Brohm were mistaken about him taking the job. That is what my post was about....and the rational of what type of recruits you assert he would have brought with him.

Neither you nor I, know with any degree of certainty that any/some/or all of those players would have followed him or been allowed to follow him by PU to transfer out to UofL.

Your assertion is as unprovable as it is provable since it is all speculation on your part and mine....especially since Brohm walked away from the offer to coach UofL.

I am not too surprised that you can not or will not acknowledge that. Too debate the unknown with anyone like you is futile. .

No, I am not denying that the fan base thought that.....and the fan base turned out to be mistaken. I am saying that Brohm was recruiting to a B10 school and ought to be in on higher rated recruits than CSS was at Appy State. That is a no brainer.

I was merely commenting on that 'degree of certainty' you stated in your post as to why that would be so. He (BROHM) had better be in on those type of players or what would that say about his recruiting abilities?

CSS did not have that same type of opportunity at Appy State due to conference affiliation.

Also, I was pointing out that you were assuming (leap of faith) that Brohm would bring transfers with him and that PU would release those players currently on the roster to follow him to UofL. Opinion vs 'wishing that to be a fact'....not in evidence, nor will it ever be as Brohm did not accept the Cards job. That is all.
That kind of thinking is outdated. Based on what you said, hell since UK in the SEC they should naturally recruit better than any non Power 5 conference team. I’m glad that’s not the case.

Reactions: zipp
For certain, the coaching graveyard is littered with good coaches who couldn’t recruit great players. If we were still in CUSA, our coaches could afford the luxury of recruiting under the radar, developing unheralded players and still contending for conference championships. That level of recruiting (lack of) success combined with good coaching will have us competing on the level of Wake Forest, Syracuse and Boston College, not Clemson and Florida State.

Ultimately, that’s a recipe for failure for any UofL head football coach.

Reactions: The-Hack
WE were talking about OUR recruiting and YOU brought up Brohm. Brohm has NOTHING to do with our recruiting. He played and coached here and I appreciate that, but that's it--quit bringing him up!
Not having Brohm has plenty to do with where our recruiting stands, analogous to Satterfield missing out on blue chip prospects. What has NOT happened also explains much of where you are, whether you want to hear it or not...

...Your assertion is as unprovable as it is provable since it is all speculation on your part and mine....especially since Brohm walked away from the offer to coach UofL.

I am not too surprised that you can not or will not acknowledge that. Too debate the unknown with anyone like you is futile. .
A lot of what we debate is "un-prove-able". I'll generally accept what is intuitive and not couched in some sort of weird defense by apologists for the U of L people in place. In this case, it was also a POV expressed by the vast majority of football fans here.

It's true as well that we have butthurt fans now who wanna deny their recent attitudes and beliefs re. Brohm. Maybe that's what you're trying to tap into...

A lot of what we debate is "un-prove-able". I'll generally accept what is intuitive and not couched in some sort of weird defense by apologists for the U of L people in place. In this case, it was also a POV expressed by the vast majority of football fans here.

It's true as well that we have butthurt fans now who wanna deny their recent attitudes and beliefs re. Brohm. Maybe that's what you're trying to tap into...
I thought “hypotheticals”, such as what our recruiting would be like if Brohm had come, were verboten. Since apparently they are not, perhaps it is time to ask, since the BoT is composed of “clowns” and anyone they hire (Vince NQ, LMS) must also by extension be “clowns”, doesn’t the “clown” designation extend to other hires? Is Satterfield “clown”? Mack? Wouldn’t Brohm have been a “clown” if he had come? How would a “clown” recruit so well?

I thought “hypotheticals”, such as what our recruiting would be like if Brohm had come, were verboten. Since apparently they are not, perhaps it is time to ask, since the BoT is composed of “clowns” and anyone they hire (Vince NQ, LMS) must also by extension be “clowns”, doesn’t the “clown” designation extend to other hires? Is Satterfield “clown”? Mack? Wouldn’t Brohm have been a “clown” if he had come? How would a “clown” recruit so well?
I've said many times over the years that coaches are hired guns. It's why you should never get emotional about them. The first team willing to pay Satterfield $3+ million was getting his services. Had nothing to do with his orientations about U of L because he really doesn't care about U of L.

Hypotheticals are OK to the point that they're grounded in some form of logic and intuition. You assuming all is well without proof of anything is not intuitive esp. with an operation where all has NOT been well. In Brohm's case, there's plenty of evidence that he's a better recruiter than Satterfield--esp. in Louisville--and most fans used to feel that way about him. At least until the butthurt feeling set in...

How many players has Brohm even got from the 502? Moore,a couple other. If UofL has a decent team Brohm won’t get those kids. Recruiting comes with winning. Brohms 1st class improved when they starting winning. So Will Satterfields. If he wins.

Purdue's 2019 class was ranked #26 per Rivals. U of L's was ranked #89. [See notes at bottom...]

Purdue and U of L each have 3 commits for the 2020 class. Ours average 1.7 stars, Purdue's 3.0 stars.

Each school's Louisville commits by class...

Purdue

2018: Rondale Moore, Charles Allen, Kadin Smith
2019: Milton Wright (****)

U of L
2019: Aidan Robbins

[Rivals Recruiting Notes... #89 is the lowest U of L class ranking since Rivals started ranking teams... #26 is higher than any U of L class has ever ranked; #29 ranking was achieved in 2011 and 2017... K-rag's worst class was #76 in 2009...]

Last edited:
I've said many times over the years that coaches are hired guns. It's why you should never get emotional about them. The first team willing to pay Satterfield $3+ million was getting his services. Had nothing to do with his orientations about U of L because he really doesn't care about U of L.

Hypotheticals are OK to the point that they're grounded in some form of logic and intuition. You assuming all is well without proof of anything is not intuitive esp. with an operation where all has NOT been well. In Brohm's case, there's plenty of evidence that he's a better recruiter than Satterfield--esp. in Louisville--and most fans used to feel that way about him. At least until the butthurt feeling set in...
The first part is non-responsive, the second ignored the fact that Brohm would be coming off a 2-10 record, just like Satterfield. Please, just let the guy coach one, single game at least before ripping him.

Reactions: Art79
That ranking is on Bobby. John L. Struggled after Cooper’s 1-10 clunker.

Seriously? JLS killed it his first year. Got the Cards bowl eligible. Cooper was bad at a lot of things. Recruiting wasn’t one of them.

Rivals didn't rank classes when John L signed his first class to my knowledge. However, their database includes K-rag's, Charlie's, and Petrino 1.0 and 2.0's first classes. Satterfield's is lower than all four of them.

I don't correlate football recruiting to on-the-field success that closely; in fact, I place more importance on coaching ability. We haven't had a chance to observe that with Satterfield yet, a guy that I think could very well be as good as Brohm.

In a thread about RECRUITING, just don't tell me that our failure to land Brohm isn't--or won't be for awhile--a significant factor in our recruiting success. You're either butthurt or in denial...

It's hard to deny that Brohm would most likely have had a better recruiting class last year and maybe even this year just because it would have been U of L and Brohm, which would have got some people's attention. While I'm not convinced the roster situation is as bleak as many think I do believe it will take Satterfield at least a couple years to get back to playing high level football and that's when his recruiting pitch will start to resonate with more kids. Call me old fashioned but I really like his philosophies about awarding hard work and dedication, that will drive the bus more with the current regime of Louisville football than any recruiting rankings.

unfortunately Zipp I worked in Frankfort for more than a few clowns. I just don't get how someone as intelligent as you are allows yourself to look like a clown because of TJ's firing. I've been consistent since Day One that never should have happened but it did. No reason to go all OCD about it. If you have proof that Vince was involved with TJ's firing I'll go even more OCD than you but like, damn, get over it, makes you look petty.

unfortunately Zipp I worked in Frankfort for more than a few clowns. I just don't get how someone as intelligent as you are allows yourself to look like a clown because of TJ's firing. I've been consistent since Day One that never should have happened but it did. No reason to go all OCD about it. If you have proof that Vince was involved with TJ's firing I'll go even more OCD than you but like, damn, get over it, makes you look petty.
You must have worked in government because you don't read too well...

I never said "Vince" had anything to do with Jurich's firing. But I've said on many occasions that Jurich wouldn't have been able to continue working for clowns.

That said, please continue to misrepresent my positions so that you can sleep at night...

If Brohm was here you narrative would be how Tyra was paying money we didn't have.

Purdue's 2019 class was ranked #26 per Rivals. U of L's was ranked #89. [See notes at bottom...]

Purdue and U of L each have 3 commits for the 2020 class. Ours average 1.7 stars, Purdue's 3.0 stars.

Purdue

U of L

[Rivals Recruiting Notes... #89 is the lowest U of L class ranking since Rivals started ranking teams... #26 is higher than any U of L class has ever ranked; #29 ranking was achieved in 2011 and 2017... K-rag's worst class was #76 in 2009...]
Of course Purdue’s recruiting class in 2019 was bigger than Louisvilles

Purdue

U of L

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT