ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Jurich/ Bobby Petrino, ACC office......... this information is disturbing.

Wow, more excuses in this thread that can be counted. I counted THREE holding calls against Mike WIlliams alone that were never called. Not to mention at least five that I counted HOLDS against our DL trying to chase all-world Jackson all night. If not for the three turnovers in the 3rd, this game isn't close. Y'all ran 99 plays, with Jackson involved in 77 of them. LJ should send DW a thank you note for the three turnovers. Class just doesn't seem to be an option with Petrino. He cries with the best of them. Oh, and for those of you that think y'all will destroy us next year with Watson, Gallman, etc are gone, you only return 4 starters yourself on offense. Don't get your hopes up. Maybe if y'all had more official's kids going to your school instead of rejects from other programs, it would help. ;-)
No excuses here but if that games played anywhere but in your stadium that's a loss for you and if you think other then that your smoking crack. As far as thanking DW why we took those from him. I think our D pretty much proved he's not a Heisman candidate. Who throws four picks in their own stadium. I'll give you that the noise in your stadium is unreal and it rattled our team in the first half. But you allowed us to come back from that first half deficit. That mighty D of yours. So LJ was responsible for 77 plays that's what Heisman candidates do they put the game on their back good god you would think someone with a storied history would understand that. Bottom line we had plenty of opportunities to beat you and should have on the last play. I'm not one who blames the refs because I can count several occasions where we shot ourselves in the foot. Mostly in the first half. That doesn't happen on a neutral field. But that's where the game was played and I commend your fans they were a huge factor. As for next year will see but your replacing a pretty darn good QB ours will have one more season under his belt. Oh yeah just maybe will get lucky and see you again later this year. Although it's a slim chance anything is possible. But truth be told You don't want these Cards!

Reactions: clearthebases
Wow, more excuses in this thread that can be counted. I counted THREE holding calls against Mike WIlliams alone that were never called. Not to mention at least five that I counted HOLDS against our DL trying to chase all-world Jackson all night. If not for the three turnovers in the 3rd, this game isn't close. Y'all ran 99 plays, with Jackson involved in 77 of them. LJ should send DW a thank you note for the three turnovers. Class just doesn't seem to be an option with Petrino. He cries with the best of them. Oh, and for those of you that think y'all will destroy us next year with Watson, Gallman, etc are gone, you only return 4 starters yourself on offense. Don't get your hopes up. Maybe if y'all had more official's kids going to your school instead of rejects from other programs, it would help. ;-)
I guess that loss to Alabama still stings...

It's called a "vent" thread ... it's where (in this case UofL fans) go after a loss to vent our frustrations on what could have been. Read it if you want, but you're a fan of the team we lost to, so you need to understand that you aren't going to like a lot of what we have to say.

It's understandable that a Clemson fan would be unfamiliar with the process ... you just haven't lost in quite a while.

Reactions: CardsFirst
To be clear..the official chains are on the VISITOR sidelines.

Those on the HOME side are OPTIONAL.

Argue about the holds, but can't argue about the guy celebrating. I say Quick screwed up!
  1. An unofficial auxiliary line-to-gain indicator and an unofficial down indicator six feet outside the other sideline are recommended.

Argue about the holds, but can't argue about the guy celebrating.

To be clear..the official chains are on the VISITOR sidelines.

Those on the HOME side are OPTIONAL.

Argue about the holds, but can't argue about the guy celebrating. I say Quick screwed up!
  1. An unofficial auxiliary line-to-gain indicator and an unofficial down indicator six feet outside the other sideline are recommended.

Argue about the holds, but can't argue about the guy celebrating.
I agree the lack of effort was on Quick either way a senior should know where the first down is. He should have been running for a TD. What killed us was the first half performance and that I contribute to the crowd noise. Props to Clemson fans they did their part. Will get the Tigers because we're coming on strong and fast.

Just like i say in basketball;

Refs are human. They miss and make calls.

Even if they were in the tank for Clemson, UofL had the ball with an 8 point lead.
Score on that drive, Cards more than likely win.

To be Champions, sometimes you have to win on the road, in a hostile environment.

I do think the LB should be suspended 1 game. He may not be a dirty player, however
that was a dirty play.

Missed ref calls didnt lose the game. Cards lost it, Clemson won it.
Cards will win in Death Valley in 2018.

Cards never had ball with 8 pt lead. They had ball with 2 pt lead.

Cards never had ball with 8 pt lead. They had ball with 2 pt lead.

Cards did lead 36-28 at one point in the fourth quarter. Right after we scored, Clemson got the big kickoff return to set them up for the touchdown that made it 36-34.

At 11:02 in the 4th kick a FG to make it 29-28 us

At 8:33 in the 4th LJ runs for a TD +PAT making it 36-28 and an 8 pt lead unless this is wrong.

But, (just figured out what you actually said ;) )you are correct in that we never "had the ball" with the 8 pt lead. They came right back and scored.

IMO pi$$ poor clock mgt contributed greatly to this loss.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/louisville-cardinals-clemson-tigers-201610010001/

Cards did lead 36-28 at one point in the fourth quarter. Right after we scored, Clemson got the big kickoff return to set them up for the touchdown that made it 36-34.
Cards never had the ball on Offense with 8 pt lead. They had it on Offense with 2 pt lead.

Reactions: PushupMan
Cards failed on 5 consecutive situations from 4th Qtr 7:54 onward:

On ST, leading by 8 pts, Cards kicked off and allowed a 77 yd return.

On Defense, Cards allowed a quick score. Drive took Clemson about 35 seconds.

On Offense, the Cards went three and out. Consuming virtually nothing off the clock.

On Defense, the Cards allowed Clemson a long drive and score.

On Offense, the Cards drove long and did not convert on fourth down, stopped at the 3 yd line.

Cards failed on 5 consecutive situations from 4th Qtr 7:54 onward:

On ST, leading by 8 pts, Cards kicked off and allowed a 77 yd return.

On Defense, Cards allowed a quick score. Drive took Clemson about 35 seconds.

On Offense, the Cards went three and out. Consuming virtually nothing off the clock.

On Defense, the Cards allowed Clemson a long drive and score.

On Offense, the Cards drove long and did not convert on fourth down, stopped at the 3 yd line.

Ugh. Man I am sick just reading that. Tough pill to swallow after coming back like that.

Ugh. Man I am sick just reading that. Tough pill to swallow after coming back like that.
We've got to move on everytime I think about how many times and ways we gave that game away it makes me sick. I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the recording and probably won't!

We've got to move on everytime I think about how many times and ways we gave that game away it makes me sick. I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the recording and probably won't!

MC, I've watched the replay three times and when the 77 yard KO return comes up, I turn it off. I don't need to see the last 7:54 of the game.

I've watched it 4x already but it took me till Monday to watch it that first time. There's a lot to love about our effort IMO. Some of the more positive stuff is truly elite CFP-level play, some of the immaturity and self-harming is puzzling at best. Keep your helmet on Staples (I still have to fast forward that bit).

I do think this game won't hurt us much in the long run. Both in our own performance for the next few seasons and in nationwide perception. We didn't win but we competed well in an instant classic and a whole football team has that experience (that can play out over several seasons until those players leave).

Fiutak over on CFN wrote: "There's no punishing Louisville for this." That's probably a good place to begin if you ever do want to watch it again. We have other opportunities down the road and not that far off.

Reactions: Mayoman
I've watched it 4x already but it took me till Monday to watch it that first time. There's a lot to love about our effort IMO. Some of the more positive stuff is truly elite CFP-level play, some of the immaturity and self-harming is puzzling at best. Keep your helmet on Staples (I still have to fast forward that bit).

I do think this game won't hurt us much in the long run. Both in our own performance for the next few seasons and in nationwide perception. We didn't win but we competed well in an instant classic and a whole football team has that experience (that can play out over several seasons until those players leave).

Fiutak over on CFN wrote: "There's no punishing Louisville for this." That's probably a good place to begin if you ever do want to watch it again. We have other opportunities down the road and not that far off.
we have to keep winning and never forget that we are not "wanted" so we have to take it.

ADVERTISEMENT