ADVERTISEMENT

Todd McShay 3.0 Mock Draft...3 possible 1st Rounders......

Feb 19, 2003
Two for sure in Lamar Jackson and Jaire Alexander...possible with Geron Christian...

22. Buffalo Bills (from Kansas City Chiefs)
Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville*

This could be one spot for Lamar Jackson. Otherwise, I think they go defense again. Secondary help is needed outside of Tre'Davious White and the recently signed Vontae Davis. Alexander missed half the season, but he's a big-time cover corner. His combine workout -- highlighted by a 4.38 40 -- turned some heads.

27. New Orleans Saints
Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville

The Saints could go offensive line with James Daniels or Billy Price, or TE with Goedert if he's available. I'm putting Jackson here because Drew Brees can't play forever, and this would be a terrific spot for him to sit, learn and develop behind a Hall of Fame QB and a terrific offensive mind in Sean Payton.

31. New England Patriots
Lorenzo Carter, OLB, Georgia

Offensive tackle is a possibility for New England, but I think guys like Kolton Miller and Geron Christian are a bit of a reach here. Carter is a versatile LB at 6-5, 250 with 34-inch arms -- he can play standing up and even some right defensive end in a 4-3. He plays his tail off on tape, and the Patriots could use his pass-rushing production. He had an outstanding combine with a 4.50 40 and outstanding jumps (10-foot, 10-inch broad, 36-inch vertical).

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/i...t-round-pick-rankings-draft-order-predictions

I'd love for that to happen but it's far from a lock.

From what being put out there would be a stunner at this point. Jaire had the Best Combine of any CB & LJ unlike Teddy meet the measurables. Lets just say even the insiders on SIRIUSXM NFL Radio pretty much say he gone in Round One.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT