ADVERTISEMENT

Time to try Jordan Travis...

2014 minus the defense--which is actually holding its own, but it's just a matter of time...

The defense was very good the first half. The offense has not been good.

I never thought I would live long enough to see a Bobby Petrino coached football team struggle to move the football. Ever. 3rd down conversions are the key and so far it's not been good. Maybe a big play long is needed to loosen things up.

Reactions: wilkie01
No I wouldn't cause if Jordan Travis starts, it's like Petrino is telling us fans that this season is over.

There are a lot of problems. The biggest being I don't think the QBs can read defenses. And that's a huge problem if I am correct. I hope I'm wrong because that is not something that can be quickly fixed.

And you would probably have, not 1 but 2
Quarterbacks transferring.

That would hurt depth, but do we think ether of them is the answer next year? Its not like Clemson where you have two dudes balling out every week and you have to pick elite over prettty damn good.

I didn't see this until a few minutes ago...coach speak, but he didn't straight up shoot it down.

Is it an option to use (freshman) Jordan Travis at quarterback? Are you considering that?

“Jordan’s ready to play. He’s been doing a good job in practice. We only had him in for a couple plays so far, but he’s certainly an option.”

At this point Travis has to be the future. Neither of the other two are the long term answer. Go with Travis and see what he is made of.

At least throw him out there and see what you get, he has 3 more games to play and can still redshirt if he is nowhere near ready. I don't know if you all heard R&R last week, but Rutherford had saved a message from several months ago from someone "that sees things on a daily basis" and stated that Travis would be the starter by, I believe, October. If someone else heard, keep me true, but thought that was interesting. Might come to fruition.

I think you turn to Travis if the season goes South. We are 2-2 and still have a lot to play for.
If we lose 2 or 3 in a row then you put him in. Unless he is clearly better than Pass or Cunningham. One of the problems with Football is your practices don't really simulate game action because of fear of injury. After the season starts no one scrimmages. So knowing exactly how Travis would perform in a game is difficult for coaches to know at this point. In Basketball, Baseball and Soccer you can closely simulate game action in practice. You can't in football unless you want to risk injuries.

I think you turn to Travis if the season goes South. We are 2-2 and still have a lot to play for.
If we lose 2 or 3 in a row then you put him in. Unless he is clearly better than Pass or Cunningham. One of the problems with Football is your practices don't really simulate game action because of fear of injury. After the season starts no one scrimmages. So knowing exactly how Travis would perform in a game is difficult for coaches to know at this point. In Basketball, Baseball and Soccer you can closely simulate game action in practice. You can't in football unless you want to risk injuries.

We are 125th in offense........

Start Pass, he threw for 200+ against Bama so he can throw. Most of his issues were our WRs dropping the ball. If Pass is not moving the ball due to bad throws, then I would try Travis.

From where I’m sitting I believe most of the problems you guys are experiencing are from the assistant coaches, which I know is 100% on Petrino but I still don’t know that I get rid of him without giving him time to fix it. IMO he’s still a great football mind and your likely to downgrade if you get rid of him. The big change is I don’t see is him taking chances on troubled talent like he used to there was some real talent that he controlled ( or kept hid off the field for a couple years ). There have been some great coaches who have had similar things happen during thier tenure and turned things around. I know how it feels Bama was bad for several years till we got Saban, it sucks....

I would wait and see and if things don’t improve, save Travis for the last 4 games to prepare him for next season and you can still redshirt him and get 4 years of eligibility.

Reactions: rentalman
Start Pass, he threw for 200+ against Bama so he can throw. Most of his issues were our WRs dropping the ball. If Pass is not moving the ball due to bad throws, then I would try Travis.
It takes more skill than just throwing the ball to be a high division D1 QB.

I'm pulling for him but I doubt he's the answe. He has had 2 years in waiting to be the man and he has flopped thus far. Again, I'm pulling for him to turn it around. I want him to. His issues are not the only issues this team is dealing with, but it is a important part.

ADVERTISEMENT