ADVERTISEMENT

Time for Petrino to go

Brohm will undoubtedly get a shot at the Louisville job. Question in the near future, like next season, is his buyout and where this FBI investigation goes next. I can't imagine the dirt that would come out in football compared to basketball.

Except that Jim Patterson stadium is going to assigned seating and the friggin CWS is expanding to 16 teams.:mad:.

I guess they have to figure a way for Kentucky to experience Omaha just once. Ok wrong board, I know.
Is that true about the CWS? Wow, I missed it!...

Is that true about the CWS? Wow, I missed it!...
I have not seen anything to this effect but doesn't seem practical. They already have the sweet 16 (super regionals). It's difficult enough with weather in Omaha to manage 8 teams there. Don't see how you could manage twice the number of teams without single elimination. Don't think teams or schools will want to go out there to play one game.

I agree we have to be more committed to the running game but when teams are loading up against the run and run blitzing into the gaps it’s pretty hard to run to set up the pass. I think that’s why BP is abandoning the running backs early in the game.

Along with being committed to the running backs throughout close games, it would help if Lamar could be more accurate early in the game and receivers not named Fitzpatrick would quit dropping balls. It’s impossible to overstate what those drive killing plays do to a team.

What’s more demoralizing on 1st down, a sack, an incomplete pass to a wide open receiver or a handoff for 3 yards? I’m not suggesting not to throw on first down but the lack of execution is what’s killing this offense.
Mike McCarthy deliberately calls runs even when the run game isn’t working in order to make the passing game go better. You have to take a view that even if they don’t gain much yardage, they have an effect later in the game.

Brohm will undoubtedly get a shot at the Louisville job. Question in the near future, like next season, is his buyout and where this FBI investigation goes next. I can't imagine the dirt that would come out in football compared to basketball.
Football doesn’t have the AAU circuit and the shoe companies are not really influential. Football doesn’t have the one and done phenomenon. The only issue might be boosters, but that’s not really a federal crime.

Football doesn’t have the AAU circuit and the shoe companies are not really influential. Football doesn’t have the one and done phenomenon. The only issue might be boosters, but that’s not really a federal crime.
You Could be right.....but I think those monies go to the whole athletic department.
The NCAA already has its plate full. May be time to apply for a job if anyone is interested gathering info on athletic programs.

As stated above, bring Jeff home. Purdue is a mediocre job, bring Brohm home while Louisville still has lots of luster. Petrino has literally crapped the bed since late last season.
"literally"?

Lot of people will be on this ship! He has done nothing wrong while he has been back. He is a great coach and has them ranked every year. Might be a bad idea to run him off unless you have a Saben to replace him?

I'll throw another name IF Petrino does leave after the season and want you all opinions, Mike Leach Washington State head coach.

I'll throw another name IF Petrino does leave after the season and want you all opinions, Mike Leach Washington State head coach.

Out of the Hal Mumme coaching tree at U.K.. Fired from Texas Tech for questionable treatment of players. No thanks

Guess there is no happy medium.

We had Krags who lived at the foot of the cross and kicked him out.

Something tells me it would make no difference if we have Sinner, or Saint.....if they WIN enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT