ADVERTISEMENT

Ticket Prices

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
Just saw that men's basketball tickets will increase $3/ticket per game next year. How freakin tone deaf are they? In the midst of the biggest scandal in program history, you raise prices? I have 3 season tickets and I have been seriously considering dropping one of those. This will probably seal the deal. The early season schedule was so crummy it was actually hard to get people to use the tickets.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
Hey somebody's got to pay Chuck Smrt now that there's no tournament revenue to bank on. Of course it's the fans:mad:

Seem to remember Pitino offering up "1/2 his salary to charity" - how about roughly 20% to the people who clap when he's introduced??

Just heard on the late news that the overall price is going DOWN owing to two fewer home games on the schedule. So this appears to be a move to shore up lost revenue.

You want a premier athletics program and to play in a first-class facility with flimsy financial underpinnings. This is the result.

Jim Host Hey-What's-Three-Bucks? Arena

Our University is just a lost cause from the top to bottom. It seems like it's either the students or fans/taxpayers that constantly footing the bill.

Just heard on the late news that the overall price is going DOWN owing to two fewer home games on the schedule. So this appears to be a move to shore up lost revenue.

You want a premier athletics program and to play in a first-class facility with flimsy financial underpinnings. This is the result.

Explains basketball I guess - how about football? Coincides nicely with ULAA's permission to TJ to extend Petrino.

Like Knuckle said - totally tone deaf.

When we quit buying is when they'll quit going up. Maybe.

TV is pumping in the $$$ and TV would rather us stay home and watch...than go. There is an agenda.

When we quit buying is when they'll quit going up. Maybe.

TV is pumping in the $$$ and TV would rather us stay home and watch...than go. There is an agenda.

I can tell you there have been a ton of empty seats in the upper deck of YUM. And just for sh!ts and giggles I looked at stubhub before UNC game and you could get in the door for $25. That's on tickets with face value of $40 and was before the self imposed ban.

Gonna go out on a limb and say that prices won't go down when the schedule isn't down 2 home games.

I've heard the story as well that basketball tickets will be REDUCED by $3.00 for next year do to fewer home games. Can't find a link to confirm this.

YUM Center may be financially strained, but the UL program is not. As a matter of fact, the YUM Center has been the golden goose with the sweetheart deal UL was given.

What I find disconcerting is that UL is listed as the most valuable basketball program. So why raise ticket prices? It's the same as oil companies making record profits, but still raising rates... because they can.

So, raising rates next year is a slap in the face to the fans and season ticket holders considering what the leadership CHOSE to do this year...

YUM Center may be financially strained, but the UL program is not. As a matter of fact, the YUM Center has been the golden goose with the sweetheart deal UL was given...
U of L didn't wanna play downtown, instead closer to campus. No one would listen who was planning the Money Pit. Even at that, U of L isn't coming out that much more ahead. They were printing money at Freedom Hall before Bailout Arena even existed. Don't believe everything you read.

The City is getting exactly what it bargained for. There were idiots at the controls. Staying home from games doesn't hurt U of L as much as it hurts the arena. If that's what you wanna do, go for it. U of L will make its money.

Jim Host Don't-Even-Wanna-Think-About-It Arena

Good point. A better OOC schedule will also mean fewer home games and a higher price per game...

Am I high, or are there people complaining over ticket prices going up by $3?

A pair of decent lowers to UK costs around $4500 if you include K fund. Assuming 20 gome games, $3 would amount to a $120 increase - 2.6%, which is less than what is used in standard businesses as a COLA.

Reactions: ACCCard

A pair of decent lowers to UK costs around $4500 if you include K fund. Assuming 20 gome games, $3 would amount to a $120 increase - 2.6%, which is less than what is used in standard businesses as a COLA.
$3? Seriously? Who cares!? Get in your garage or closet and sell something on eBay to compensate. Good grief. And you got Zipp resurrected again on YUM. Good job...

No you're not high - though maybe you should be - it's fun. A $3 increase in ticket prices after what happened this year is as the OP said "tone deaf". In my estimation they should have waived Everyone's CAF donation for the next year as a show of good faith. Instead they look at fewer games and calculate that it's a good time to jack up prices because the bill will seem the same.

No you're not high - though maybe you should be - it's fun. A $3 increase in ticket prices after what happened this year is as the OP said "tone deaf". In my estimation they should have waived Everyone's CAF donation for the next year as a show of good faith. Instead they look at fewer games and calculate that it's a good time to jack up prices because the bill will seem the same.

True story. :D

I guess I can understand if it's purely a principle thing, but to anyone who can afford season tickets to a program like U of L, the ~$100 is a drop in the bucket.

Last edited:
True story. :D

I guess I can understand if it's purely a principle thing, but to anyone who can afford season tickets to a program like U of L, the ~$100 is a drop in the bucket.
Yes - BUT. $100 drop in the bucket here - there and everywhere gets to be a bit much. Plus, significantly more palatable (though just as BS) coming off of a title year - not off of a self imposition year.

Reactions: JohnKBA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT