ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Lamar Jackson and Louisville.

SchmidtyNole

5000+
Feb 19, 2007
I don't care who the opponent is. When a team is averaging 66 points per game and 9.99 yards per play on Offense like Louisville is then that opponent is awesome on offense. I know we have a lot of talent on Defense even with Derwin James out but Louisville will score plenty of points. What I am interested in seeing is the Noles' game plan on defense. What are they going to do scheme wise against Lamar Jackson? The guy runs a 4.2. He's basically a better College version of Michael Vick in my opinion. And I remember what Vick did to our defense in the 1999 National Championship game.

Do we rush the passer carefully to keep Jackson in the pocket and risk not getting any pressure and Jackson picking us apart from the pocket? Or do we have our rush guys tee off and trust a spy to clean up the mess if Jackson breaks the pocket? How do we scheme against the Zone Read? Couple with that Louisville has great receivers who can get open against man to man coverage. And Brandon Ratcliff is a great running back as well.

I feel good about our Offense being able to score points even though Louisville has good defense.
But we not only have to score but we have to match what Jackson and Louisville's offense put up. And that is kind of an unknown for me.

There are so many unknowns heading into this game. FSU has been more tested in terms of playing elite competition with the game against Ole Miss while even though Louisville has only played inferior competition so far you simply can't discount them putting up Video game numbers that are awesome no matter who the opponent is.

The cool thing is I don't think this game is a one year wonder. This is the kind of situation where I think every Louisville/FSU, Louisville/Clemson and FSU/Clemson will be this kind of hype filled game every year. I don't think any of those three teams are going to fade at all moving forward.

Thanks. You bring a lot of class to our board and it is appreciated. This is going to be a shootout and I'm just glad I'm going to be there.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I don't care who the opponent is. When a team is averaging 66 points per game and 9.99 yards per play on Offense like Louisville is then that opponent is awesome on offense. I know we have a lot of talent on Defense even with Derwin James out but Louisville will score plenty of points. What I am interested in seeing is the Noles' game plan on defense. What are they going to do scheme wise against Lamar Jackson? The guy runs a 4.2. He's basically a better College version of Michael Vick in my opinion. And I remember what Vick did to our defense in the 1999 National Championship game.

Do we rush the passer carefully to keep Jackson in the pocket and risk not getting any pressure and Jackson picking us apart from the pocket? Or do we have our rush guys tee off and trust a spy to clean up the mess if Jackson breaks the pocket? How do we scheme against the Zone Read? Couple with that Louisville has great receivers who can get open against man to man coverage. And Brandon Ratcliff is a great running back as well.

I feel good about our Offense being able to score points even though Louisville has good defense.
But we not only have to score but we have to match what Jackson and Louisville's offense put up. And that is kind of an unknown for me.

There are so many unknowns heading into this game. FSU has been more tested in terms of playing elite competition with the game against Ole Miss while even though Louisville has only played inferior competition so far you simply can't discount them putting up Video game numbers that are awesome no matter who the opponent is.

The cool thing is I don't think this game is a one year wonder. This is the kind of situation where I think every Louisville/FSU, Louisville/Clemson and FSU/Clemson will be this kind of hype filled game every year. I don't think any of those three teams are going to fade at all moving forward.
Dang it Schmidty!

The guy runs a 4.2.
Not sure that's 100% accurate Schmidty. I thought he had been clocked at 4.4 which is still very fast, but what makes him special is his athleticism. He is a freak athlete who is a better football player today than he was 1 year ago.

Here is what sucks for me regarding this game. I won't be able to watch it live. I have a road trip to make tomorrow and won't be anywhere near a TV. I will hopefully be able to listen to the game on the raido. I promised my wife 4 months ago I would take her on this weekend getaway, so now I'm stuck with doing it. Happy wife, happy life. Yes?

FSU is the measuring stick. We'll know more about how we measure up after tomorrow. It's going to be a tall order and a tough task for the Cards to win. My main concern is for everyone on both teams to finish the game with good health. Obviously I want the Cardinals to win, but everyone staying healthy is my highest hope regarding the game.

My wife is 8 months pregnant and complaining about maybe not going because of the weather. I will be there even if by myself haha! No way I'm missing this game and she knew that way in advance. The only thing keeping me from going is if the baby decides to arrive early tomorrow.

My wife is 8 months pregnant and complaining about maybe not going because of the weather. I will be there even if by myself haha! No way I'm missing this game and she knew that way in advance. The only thing keeping me from going is if the baby decides to arrive early tomorrow.
Having a baby during football season? What were you thinking... Uh don't answer that! Congrats on the new Cardinal, boy or girl!

Not sure that's 100% accurate Schmidty. I thought he had been clocked at 4.4 which is still very fast, but what makes him special is his athleticism. He is a freak athlete who is a better football player today than he was 1 year ago.

Here is what sucks for me regarding this game. I won't be able to watch it live. I have a road trip to make tomorrow and won't be anywhere near a TV. I will hopefully be able to listen to the game on the raido. I promised my wife 4 months ago I would take her on this weekend getaway, so now I'm stuck with doing it. Happy wife, happy life. Yes?

FSU is the measuring stick. We'll know more about how we measure up after tomorrow. It's going to be a tall order and a tough task for the Cards to win. My main concern is for everyone on both teams to finish the game with good health. Obviously I want the Cardinals to win, but everyone staying healthy is my highest hope regarding the game.

Cue I believe his "official" time, if there is such a thing, was 4.25. I've also heard 4.3 but who cares as he has some very serious wheels.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT