ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts about Ole Miss series and update on Binelas

I said on the national board that should UofL avoid the injury bug, they are in line to have a special season. Well, here we are, getting hit with injuries. Alex seems to have the same injury Dunn has, a broken hamate bone in his hand. Likely out a month. I didn't see the injury occur. I was listening to the game on the radio, and I'm not sure what happened. He was running to first and broke a bone in his hand? What exactly happened?

Regarding the series, you know, the Cards dropped the opening series to then ranked UCONN last season, and things turned out nicely. That HBP in the bottom of the seventh yesterday changed the game. That call gets overturned, and there's perhaps a different outcome. Umps chickened out. I thought Luke pitched a heck of a game. The hit and run to close the game out yesterday after a nice rally was dumb, IMO. It completely blew up in our faces.

Davis > Metzinger.

Who was on the call for 93.9? He was a decent fill in, but nowhere near Moth's ability to call a baseball game.

Reactions: nccardfan
Hitting was decent just couldn’t get the big hit at the right time. Had a chance in each loss to tie or take the lead. I actually have no problem with be aggressive yesterday Davis has to lay-off the high fastball. Perfect pitch for the catcher to throw out runner. I did have a major issue with Davis swinging 3-0 on Saturday. Not the time to do that a little greedy there. Still without your 2 better hitters pretty good effort.

The issue is the bullpen. The starting pitching was good enough bullpen not near good enough. Not a good weekend at all for that group. Tough spot for all those freshman. They all got roughed up. They have 3 legit weekend starters but they may get wasted if the bull pen doesn’t come around. Let’s say none of their stuff blew me away.

I’d think Lohman or Wright is the mid-week starter.

Last edited:
I didn't expect to see those Freshmen pitchers so early, so much, but it will help down the road.
Ole Miss has a good team. They were as relentless at the plate as we were.

Defensively,we just need to get it cleaner.

Admittedly, I didn't see any of these games,but I was taking a rollercoaster ride of emotions listening to the games on the radio, between everything else I had going on.
Really hoping to get that 2nd one Sunday,but I really believe Ole Miss was up for the task and our new guys will have a valuable experience to build on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT