ADVERTISEMENT

This sleezeball knew, yet there's a chance we lose the banner.

This is an abomination. Honestly if we lose the banner then maybe we can rule Emmert ineligible to rule on our sanctions because he would have been fired if anyone knew of this. I guess we know why the reports on the banner haven’t come in. Emmert was basically the warden cooking the books who knows the jig is up. Why do people consistently make scummy decisions like this?

Perhaps it opens a door for at least our case to be reevaluated by someone else if Emmert is forced to step down or resign. The MSU situation illustrates that Emmert was not the decision maker or the voice of morality as it seems.

We the UK fans knew the SOB was a sleezeball when he wouldn't let Enes Kanter play. Ask yourself a question. If Kanter had enrolled at Duke or North Carolina would Emmert have ruled Kanter ineligible then? HELL NO he wouldn't have. Kanter could enroll at Duke or UNC today & Emmert would let him play tonight. Emmert is a hypocrite P.O.S. that plays favorites. And UK and UofL are not 2 of his favorites.

I am not going to waste my time asking myself that question.

Enes Kanter a victim? He is in the NBA making millions.

So what if he did not get to play one year of college basketball before going there, or that those poor UK fans were deprived of getting to watch him play for one year. He joined a program whose stated goal is to get players to the NBA, and he made it to the NBA.

But, by UK fan logic, Enes and the fans of UK were victimized, just like the women at MSU.

I don't think the women at MSU would agree with you. So, take that stupidity elsewhere.

And before you try to argue that UofL is claiming victim-hood, I did not make that claim. My point was that Emmert and the NCAA did nothing about a serious complaint made to them directly by a person with a high amount of credibility, and I compared it to taking action on a complaint made indirectly, i.e. via "book", by someone with much less credibility.

Last edited:
Emmert being a total buffoon and miserable excuse for a human doesn't change the fact that stripper gate happened. Just because something 100 times worse went on at MSU doesn't get U of L off the hook for their impermissible benefits.

Emmert being a total buffoon and miserable excuse for a human doesn't change the fact that stripper gate happened. Just because something 100 times worse went on at MSU doesn't get U of L off the hook for their impermissible benefits.
Dont kid yourself.......if Emmert is found to have known about this in 2010 like the rumor states, it will have an impact on the banner "IF" the appeal is denied and it goes to court. I can guarantee you that.

Nobody knows if the appeal has even been denied. Im not so sure that Dakich leaked that info and now the appeals committee is rewriting their decision to either make him look like an idiot or cover up the leak.

We will know soon....

We the UK fans knew the SOB was a sleezeball when he wouldn't let Enes Kanter play. Ask yourself a question. If Kanter had enrolled at Duke or North Carolina would Emmert have ruled Kanter ineligible then? HELL NO he wouldn't have. Kanter could enroll at Duke or UNC today & Emmert would let him play tonight. Emmert is a hypocrite P.O.S. that plays favorites. And UK and UofL are not 2 of his favorites.
But you "the UK fans" are tin foil hat wearing morons. Conspiracies abound for your little minds, don't they? The NCAA hates "us." The referees are all out to get "us." Every sportswriter or sports media member hates "us." ESPN hates "us." On and on and on. I mean, is your entire backward fan base drawing mental disability checks?

Reactions: cardfaninmemphis
We are not saying UofL should be receive no punishment. We are saying that the NCAA's inaction on this MSU mess shows that they are unable to judge the moral weight of a situation.
The NCAA admitted they do not have a standard upon which to determine our punishments, so they used their own gauge about the immorality of what happened at UofL to determine one. I think they called it the "repugnance" of it.
Now we know that this "gauge of morality," this ability to see "repugnance" is, at best, flawed, and, at worst, dysfunctional. Either way, they clearly lack the ability to determine the moral weight of a situation. Their subjective judgment is inadequate. They should avoid such moralizing because they are not qualified to do so, given the impact that their faulty judgments have on others involved.

The leadership at the NCAA should let the self-imposed penalties stand and step down. They have proven that they cannot lead in the current climate. Money has gotten too important in college sports, and sexual assault is covered up to protect the schools from losing money. The NCAA has made these things possible with its own thirst for money for itself and it's member schools. Now, the legal system is involved, and the NCAA is complicit in all of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: American Male
So your argument is that the morality of providing strippers and prostitutes to recruits is subjective? If so, why didn't UofL challenge the NCAA on their judgment of it? To my knowledge, everyone at UofL agreed that it was "repugnant."

Regardless, it's a moot point. Using logic and common sense with the NCAA is fruitless. They'll do whatever they want to do, and I'm pretty sure saying "we're obviously inept and hypocritical and lack the qualifications to punish UofL" isn't an option.

So your argument is that the morality of providing strippers and prostitutes to recruits is subjective? If so, why didn't UofL challenge the NCAA on their judgment of it? To my knowledge, everyone at UofL agreed that it was "repugnant."

Regardless, it's a moot point. Using logic and common sense with the NCAA is fruitless. They'll do whatever they want to do, and I'm pretty sure saying "we're obviously inept and hypocritical and lack the qualifications to punish UofL" isn't an option.
Not at all accurate. My argument is not about the morality of the actions, it is that NCAA leadership is not qualified to determine an appropriate response.
That actually was a part of UofL's response: that there was no actual standard. I think the MSU mess shows they also lack the ability to judge appropriately reasonably.
So, no standard and no competence to judge a level means they are not qualified.

Last edited:
The question is does the infraction of strippers in dorms = postseason ban + reduce scholarships + remove banners + pay millions.

Or should it just be limited to = postseason ban + reduce scholarships?

The entity making that judgement seems to be inconsistent, random and morally corrupt themselves, so since the add on being considered includes "pay millions", it's probably worth challenging in court.

The question is does the infraction of strippers in dorms = postseason ban + reduce scholarships + remove banners + pay millions.

Or should it just be limited to = postseason ban + reduce scholarships?

The entity making that judgement seems to be inconsistent, random and morally corrupt themselves, so since the add on being considered includes "pay millions", it's probably worth challenging in court.
I think the equation (in the NCAA’s viewpoint) is more like:
Does Strippers/prostitutes in the dorm + denial/accountability of the institution = postseason ban + scholarship reductions or should have been = suspension of head coach for 10 games, postseason ban, scholarship reductions and payment of fines.

I truly believe as far as strippergate, this might have been satisfactory to the NCAA. Instead it showed that we weren’t really accepting responsibility so they decided to send a message (that was within their regulations).

Not only MSU but North Carolina they ruled it was alright for UNC to have fake classes for athletes for 20 plus years. It was alright because some non athletes took the classes as well. That would set a precedence that it is alright to have prostitues available for athletes as long as you have prostitutes available for other students.
Since the NCAA ruled in this manner now everyone can cheat by making sure they offer the same perks to a few other students. Their rationale for making their judgements sure are clouded.

Not only MSU but North Carolina they ruled it was alright for UNC to have fake classes for athletes for 20 plus years. It was alright because some non athletes took the classes as well. That would set a precedence that it is alright to have prostitues available for athletes as long as you have prostitutes available for other students.
Since the NCAA ruled in this manner now everyone can cheat by making sure they offer the same perks to a few other students. Their rationale for making their judgements sure are clouded.
The NCAA doesn’t regulate classes the university does. NCAA is only interested in maintaining eligibility to play sports.

I am not going to waste my time asking myself that question.

Enes Kanter a victim? He is in the NBA making millions.

So what if he did not get to play one year of college basketball before going there, or that those poor UK fans were deprived of getting to watch him play for one year. He joined a program whose stated goal is to get players to the NBA, and he made it to the NBA.

But, by UK fan logic, Enes and the fans of UK were victimized, just like the women at MSU.

I don't think the women at MSU would agree with you. So, take that stupidity elsewhere.

And before you try to argue that UofL is claiming victim-hood, I did not make that claim. My point was that Emmert and the NCAA did nothing about a serious complaint made to them directly by a person with a high amount of credibility, and I compared it to taking action on a complaint made indirectly, i.e. via "book", by someone with much less credibility.
You miss the entire point about Kanter.

Reactions: TopCatCal
You miss the entire point about Kanter.
No, I got the point about Kanter.
You missed that the Kanter situation has no relevance here. Any attempt to conflate Kanter's situation to having relevance to the MSU situation is pure self-centeredness on the part of the people bringing it up.

Reactions: nccardfan
No, I got the point about Kanter.
You missed that the Kanter situation has no relevance here. Any attempt to conflate Kanter's situation to having relevance to the MSU situation is pure self-centeredness on the part of the people bringing it up.
The point is that NCAA/Emmett plays favorites. As the former president of U of Washington, there was speculation that the reason Kanter was declared ineligible at UK was because Kanter decommited from UW to sign with UK. Not saying the Kanter & MSU issues are even remotely related. Apples & oranges. It was used as an example of how the NCAA can and does play favorites. Answer this: If Kanter had signed with UW and not UK do you really think the NCAA would have declared him ineligible? Besides, if there were issues about his amateurism, then why did UW accept his commitment? Surely Emmett had conversations with UW about his “professional” status while being recruited by UW.

The point is that NCAA/Emmett plays favorites. As the former president of U of Washington, there was speculation that the reason Kanter was declared ineligible at UK was because Kanter decommited from UW to sign with UK. Not saying the Kanter & MSU issues are even remotely related. Apples & oranges. It was used as an example of how the NCAA can and does play favorites. Answer this: If Kanter had signed with UW and not UK do you really think the NCAA would have declared him ineligible? Besides, if there were issues about his amateurism, then why did UW accept his commitment? Surely Emmett had conversations with UW about his “professional” status while being recruited by UW.
WRONG
First of all, nobody on this Louisville board, except the UK fans, give a rat's a$$ about what would have happened if Kanter had gone to UW instead of UK. Hell, I didn't know that Kanter even considered UW, nor do I care if he did. Kanter is in the NBA making millions, which would have happened even if he got to play at UK.

THE POINT OF THIS THREAD IS THAT THE NCAA WAS MORALLY, ETHICALLY AND INTELLECTUALLY DERELICT IN ITS DUTY TO PROTECT PEOPLE FROM THE ABUSE PERPETRATED BY ITS ATHLETES ON STUDENTS AND BY A MONSTER ON ITS ATHLETES.

To think that Enes Kanter or that accusations of playing favorites belong in this discussion is asinine, as is trying to hijack this thread to move in that direction.

Reactions: ItsintheCardsRMan
WRONG
First of all, nobody on this Louisville board, except the UK fans, give a rat's a$$ about what would have happened if Kanter had gone to UW instead of UK. Hell, I didn't know that Kanter even considered UW, nor do I care if he did. Kanter is in the NBA making millions, which would have happened even if he got to play at UK.

THE POINT OF THIS THREAD IS THAT THE NCAA WAS MORALLY, ETHICALLY AND INTELLECTUALLY DERELICT IN ITS DUTY TO PROTECT PEOPLE FROM THE ABUSE PERPETRATED BY ITS ATHLETES ON STUDENTS AND BY A MONSTER ON ITS ATHLETES.

To think that Enes Kanter or that accusations of playing favorites belong in this discussion is asinine, as is trying to hijack this thread to move in that direction.
This what I get for trying to have an intelligent conversation with a UofL fan from Memphis. Double loser.

This what I get for trying to have an intelligent conversation with a UofL fan from Memphis. Double loser.
Awwwwww.

did I hurt your feewings?

What rules require me to answer your inane questions regarding the NCAA and Enes Kanter? Take your crap to the UK board where people are willing to sympathize with you.

you holding an intelligent conversation, my ass.

Reactions: ItsintheCardsRMan
Agreed....but not because he is against UK...its how he looked the other way (Mich St) or not addressing clear problems. Popular to belief...Emmert has allowed a lot of schools slide by on issues, like UK. You guys tried to pull a fast one with Kanter and got caught....GET OVER IT! The world is not against UK. However, every other fan base doesn't like you because of what you get away with, as you wear as a badge of honor. So, as a reminder...you are on a UofL board, not a UK board. Mark Emmert needs to go. Card Nation rejoiced when Kanter was ruled ineligible...that's life...put on a helmet and enjoy the ride!

ADVERTISEMENT