ADVERTISEMENT

This JJ Weaver from Moore has got me thinking...

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
If he ends up here, will he be the first notable player to come out of Moore and play for Louisville? This led to more thinking, which is always dangerous. What local players from what Louisville high schools really made their mark at UofL?. I'm sure I'm forgetting a whole bunch.

Lenny Lyles- Central
Joe Jacoby- Western
Mario Urrutia- Fern Creek
Doug Beaumont, Chris Redman, Michael Bush, Ibn Green, Dexter Heyman- Male
Victor Anderson- St. X
Devante Parker, Earl Heyman- Ballard
Brandon Dunn- PRP
Brian Brohm, his nameless older brother, James Quick, Reggie Bonnofan, Alex Kupper- Trinity

Eastern and Manual have produced many players throughout time, but any stand outs? I'm surely blanking out on St. X players. Vic can't be the only one.

Greg Brohm from Trinity was a damned fine receiver here. Jim Nauert from Bishop David was a very good OL under Weber and Schnellenberger.

The Spillman boys couldn’t stay out of trouble but they produced while they were Cards. Dontay(WR) went to Valley. JuJuan(WR/KR) went to PRP. Dontay was the leading WR at one time in 2002. And JuJuan was probably one of the better KR in the nation as a FR. He took a kick off back in the infamous game at Rutgers in ‘06.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifelongcard
Greg and Gary Nord....I believe went to Bishop David before that school changed names.

A receiver from St. X by the name of Montano or something like that...was a possession type wide receiver.

What's even moer fun is naming the kids who came here from a Lexington high school and starred...I'll start...Frank Minnifield..Henry Clay

Greg Nord went to UK.
True. Was a walk-on for the kitties. Played offensive line there, I believe he weighed about 170 when he first got to campus. Left there at about 220 lbs and started at least one season. I know a couple of his brothers. Those weights show how much bigger offensive lineman have gotten over the years!

Joe Jacoby - Western
Jacoby showed up on campus with a teammate from Western High that was much more highly regarded but with no where near the work ethic as Jacoby - QB Terry Mullins.

Mullins played QB at UofL for about two years before fizzling out. Talent wise Mullins was legit. Was about 6’5” with a cannon for an arm. He was built similar to Bernie Kosar, I remember we had a big game against Maryland and he came in and fired about a 60 yard TD dart that game. Pretty sure that was his first and only bit of fame.

Mullins was even invited to walk-on the b-ball team by Denny. He only went to a couple practices before begging off that.

Franchise history would include the old Cleveland Browns days.
The Ravens were established in 1996 when Art Modell, then the owner of the Browns, relocated the the franchise from Cleveland to Baltimore. Modell was required to “leave” the Browns history and record in Cleveland, meaning that the Ravens became a new expansion team...

True. Was a walk-on for the kitties. Played offensive line there, I believe he weighed about 170 when he first got to campus. Left there at about 220 lbs and started at least one season. I know a couple of his brothers. Those weights show how much bigger offensive lineman have gotten over the years!

Greg did start off as a O-lineman at UK. Started Freshman year as long snapper on punts & x-pts. Ended up redshirting his Jr. year and came back his last two years and played tight end. Starting part of Jr and all of Sr year. He became a coach at multiple colleges, including quite a few years at UL.

Gary was a very good tight end at UL. Later became Off Co-ord. for Howard at UL. A very good one at that.
A third brother, Brad also played for UL. Not sure how much playing time he got as a O-lineman.

Roy Philon -Bryan Station. Saw him literally make almost every tackle in a high school game. The other team could not get past the line of scrimmage.

Even though he's a clown show as a politician Chris Thieneman was really good!

Saw him a few years ago at Jason’s Deli, North Hurstbourne. He had on a t-shirt that read “I crash both parties.” Also have always heard he chose the mother of his children based on genetic capability of producing superior athletic offspring. He’s that nuts.

Reactions: American Male
Greg did start off as a O-lineman at UK. Started Freshman year as long snapper on punts & x-pts. Ended up redshirting his Jr. year and came back his last two years and played tight end. Starting part of Jr and all of Sr year. He became a coach at multiple colleges, including quite a few years at UL.

Gary was a very good tight end at UL. Later became Off Co-ord. for Howard at UL. A very good one at that.
A third brother, Brad also played for UL. Not sure how much playing time he got as a O-lineman.
I don’t think Brad Nord ever played a snap in a real game for UofL.

ADVERTISEMENT