ADVERTISEMENT

The Youngsters

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
They continue to gain confidence in the homestand. I'm just hoping that the guys on the team can somehow jell as a unit when Dunn and Binelas return.
Do I need to even worry about it?

Let Dan worry. Let’s just enjoy the possibilities.
Trust in Dan! It’s hard to fathom that we consistently have one of the best baseball programs in the country and I’m here to enjoy it! Like Vandy and UVA, just need to find a little more success in Omaha.

Trust in Dan! It’s hard to fathom that we consistently have one of the best baseball programs in the country and I’m here to enjoy it! Like Vandy and UVA, just need to find a little more success in Omaha.

The only thing left is to win the whole darn thing. They finished tied for 3rd in the CWS last season.

Reactions: Deeva
They continue to gain confidence in the homestand. I'm just hoping that the guys on the team can somehow jell as a unit when Dunn and Binelas return.
Do I need to even worry about it?

Metz has been outstanding. It was good to see Dunn back out there.

Reactions: earsky
Metz has been outstanding.
I've never seen that kid play 3rd base until last week. I never saw that one coming. He looks good over there and made back to back plays yesterday that were tougher than routine.

I don’t think there is any issue with guys gelling when it comes to baseball. The only small consideration is with SS and 2B as it pertains to double-play balls. Otherwise, you play your position and don’t have to worry about anything else. I think CDM will have to continue to see what works as far as then batting order is concerned. Who hits in front of or behind certain players can make a real difference. He will have a lot of options when it comes to who is in the lineup and who they are facing on the mound (lefty or righty).

I've never seen that kid play 3rd base until last week. I never saw that one coming. He looks good over there and made back to back plays yesterday that were tougher than routine.

Coach Mac during post game on Saturday said that he has never worked with Metz in the infield before, as Metz spends his time with the catchers during practice. He gave all the credit to Metz's parents.

Coach Mac during post game on Saturday said that he has never worked with Metz in the infield before, as Metz spends his time with the catchers during practice. He gave all the credit to Metz's parents.
Well if you think about it, a catcher has to have probably the quickest reflexes. That’s not unlike 3rd base, the hot corner, when you don’t have a lot of time to think but just react. Also catchers have to have a pretty strong, accurate arm to throw out runners at 2nd as well as 3rd basemen who have to throw across the diamond.

Borden has moved himself into consideration at some position with his play also. It's really impressive, what we're seeing from this Sophomore class. Hell, Davis has become a hitter since the end of last season. No longer worried about pulling everything, he's using the whole field. It's really a thing of beauty.

Reactions: Bardman and Deeva
I think CDM can rotate guys enough to give them all some playing time. Which is good. Metz is the wildcard still in my mind. If Alex comes back and hits the ball - no room at third. Bianco has been very solid at first - no room there. Davis solid behind the plate - no space there. DH - maybe, if Oriente is in the OF. If not Danny has hit the ball well so it would be hard to keep him out of the lineup. Glad I don’t have to make these decisions.

I think CDM can rotate guys enough to give them all some playing time. Which is good. Metz is the wildcard still in my mind. If Alex comes back and hits the ball - no room at third. Bianco has been very solid at first - no room there. Davis solid behind the plate - no space there. DH - maybe, if Oriente is in the OF. If not Danny has hit the ball well so it would be hard to keep him out of the lineup. Glad I don’t have to make these decisions.
Not only that but if you bring Dunn into the infield, then how do you find time for Benefield and Poland? I know Poland pitches occasionally but he’s been hitting the ball well. All good problems to have!

All good problems to have!
I agree. The guys have to cheer for one another,even if it means you might not be playing that day. All with the intention of bringing home a championship,which would be historical.

Reactions: PHCARD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT