ADVERTISEMENT

The Transfer Portal effect, 4 of top 25 had losing records

glassmanJ

2500+
Jan 26, 2007
just interesting to see their early top 25 has four teams that had losing records last year, w/ arkansas being ranking 16th while having zero returning players. bodes well for us too i guess, but 10 years ago it would be impossible to imagine that a team with a losing record was going to be one of the country's best the next year.

Reactions: shadow force
for UL, this Portal is breathing new and instant life back to a storied program.
definitely a strange new world. for everyone who hates the new landscape, remember it may be the only reason we have a competitive team this year or int he future. take away the transfer portal and NIL, combined with the last coaching disaster, we could have ended up in oblivion for 20 years like other winning schools have gone thru. now it only takes one season to do a complete rebuild. of course it only takes one season to lose everything too, but much better to have hope of change than none at all.

Calipari looking stacked over Arkansas, but when was the last time he didn’t have a stacked roster!

Giving Rutgers the benefit of the doubt because they have 2 five star freshman but saying Louisville is not a top 25 team is asinine if you ask me smh

Reactions: Cardiac Red
^^^^ It’s why these recruiting ranking systems are no longer as viable as prior to the Portal. I still appreciate HS recruiting, but obtaining a former 4 Star HS recruit who played at a few seasons at a D1 University and transfers in, is just as valuable right now, than an incoming 5=Star HS recruit, particularly when there is a possibility the true freshman could transfer out before impacting the school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT