ADVERTISEMENT

The Rug???

PHCARD

Apr 6, 2007
Is everyone holding back in getting to emotionally involved on the HOPE of this FB season playing out? I can’t even image that rug. :eek: Or :D

Reactions: CardsFirst
I expect that news everyday. Hope it doesn't happen but keeping my fingers crossed.

I want to play this Fall but I worry about the B1G and Big 12 postponing until Spring. It looks like they are trying to force everyone to do it their way and I hope we just ignore them and leave them out. No matter what happens I can see a mass exodus of athletes trying to go pro in all sports after this year.

We might be looking at college sports taking a downgrade for a few years if that happens. I travel all over the country for work and I don’t see a lot of social distancing. The only thing I see is more people are wearing mask because it is required by the business if you want to enter.

Schools are starting back. WVU freshmen, grad students and professionals are on campus (non-freshman undergrands are online). I don't know if this approach is widely being followed or not. By mid-September we'll see what the impact is or isn't. I'm looking at the Johns Hopkins website and the data still shows the country trending down in both cases and deaths.

If you look at the graphs, it seems like we’ve already been hit by the “second wave”. Hopefully that is correct.
Secretly you know the administrators in the B1G and the PAC12 are hoping for lots of cases and illnesses among players, coaches and fans. This would vindicate their decision. If the season plays out, they end looking pretty foolish. I am not so cynical to believe they could actually be cheering for deaths, but you never know with these types. They are just so certain they are right and tend to look down on dumb hick southerners who can’t understand the “science” or don’t want to. A few deaths would make them look really smart, and isn’t that what this is all about?

The CDC has now recommended that there is no reason to have a test if you have been in direct contact with someone that tested positive UNLESS you feel sick. Keeping fingers crossed we have a season.

Don’t you just love when people get on here and call other people ignorant because they have different view point than you. I always heard than when people start the name calling they don’t have anything intelligent to ad.

This thread is about UL Football and the hope that we can see this thing worked out for the best in spite of what Covid is trying to do in this country. Go Cards!

Your hatred views on politics both Dem or Rep have nothing to do with why we are here on this site. Take it to the other millions of radical social media sites. This is a UofL sports board.

This thread is about UL Football and the hope that we can see this thing worked out for the best in spite of what Covid is trying to do in this country. Go Cards!

Your hatred views on politics both Dem or Rep have nothing to do with why we are here on this site. Take it to the other millions of radical social media sites. This is a UofL sports board.
Thank you.

I am surprised we will have a season but glad we will. I’m concerned it’s going to be clunky as hell and I hope that fans that attend the games take the protocols seriously. If not, it’ll be to our collective detriment. In any case, a clunky season is much better than no season.

Hope for a football season. All I can do is hope.
This season if everyone stays healthy is just a bonus. No pressure on anyone. Polls mean little or nothing. Just be able to enjoy life and play.

ADVERTISEMENT