ADVERTISEMENT

The profit

Rhino1973

Getting the Hang of It
Jul 24, 2019
I swear CSS could be the one . How the he'll was this guy still available for us to hire. Watching how he uses personell , misdirection , angles and plain old motivation is a pleasure. Some guys literally see things that others don't . thats why every year we see teams that on paper should be run off the field compete and even beat teams they shouldn't. Some coaches are for lack of a better term great equalizer. Coachs lile Urban Meyer, Pete Carrol , Boise st.s coach and.the one prior. These kind of guys I believe are the equivelant of a great musician or great artist in the way they view their craft. Personally I don't believe that having elite talent is enough to make a team champions. To elevate your performance to levels necessary to have a special type of season a team has to have a coach who literally sees.the game differently than the majority of his peers. If this wasn't the case things would play out very different . Every year there are multiple teams with enough talent to win it all but the majority of.the time there is something that is missing.
That something is a coach with vision. Its too soon to know at what level he is on but our coach Scott Satyerfield sees the game on another level. Witnessing him moving players to positions he believes will maximize their effectiveness and the end results is a great example. We as Louisville fans even more than the rest of the college football world believed Bobby Perino to be an offensive genius. Our guy Satterfield has in 6 games showed him exactly what he should have been doing with players that Bob himself signed. I mean CSS has made names like Marshon Ford a household name when under Bob you never knew who he was. CSS uses personell like chess peices. Our offensive productivity through 6 games is almost unbelievable. We went from literally one of the 10 worst teams in the nation last year in a list of statistical categories to a friggen nightmare to defend with the same roster oh I'm sorry same roster minus off-season transfers and graduating seniors.as last year . So what changed? The coach's vision. This guy is one bad dude. No joke with a few of his recruiting classes at his disposal there is a very real probability that we will be sitting in a very different position conference wise and nationally. I mean look at what we know , facts. Under CSS we own a 4-2 record with both losses coming in games where we were not outplayed but unable to overcome our own mistakes. Unforced turnovers and untimely penalties can and have beat the best of em. So a few less mistakes on our part and we could be witnessing something truly unbelievable. Just say in. Little factoid. CSS App. St. Team last season did not lose 1 single fumble all season. Not one. Now imagine he had been here a few years. Crazy huh. Crazy long post
I know. I just can't stop thinking about how lucky we are to have gotten him. He may be the man who makes profit Schnelly's prediction come to pass. The variables time may be up.

TLDR; Prophet.

jk, I agree that if we can get him to stick around for a long while he could lead us to the promised land. His first class is looking like a top 30 class. He is doing this with last years players [except Connelly who is new].

Reactions: gocds
We better renegotiate that contract and lock him in. They will come after him.

gotta see how he can recruit, I think good things will happen; I also don't think we can keep him if he puts us back on the map...let's enjoy this ride out.

No, no, no....

One game at a time!!!

No looking ahead..Didn't you get the memo??

A...er...nevermind

Wrong thread

Reactions: mwatson61
Yeah my grammer definitely leaves something to be desired. Man something about this guy makes me think he would be content here as long as we kept him in a respectable contract. I dunno he just seems different than the others, honest. Almost as if he had morals . ha. There's a complete 180 for you a coach with integrity. Kidding but I think Satterfield stays as long as we show him we want him to. He's in his 40' s and no one wanted him till we offered. He may be the only coach alive that sees the UL job for what it really is. A place where one can build a complete team and navigate its way to a spot in the playoffs without the pressure that comes with the majority of high profile jobs in college football. Here he can have seasons where his team underachieves and still keep his job.

I'm with you Rhino. The man just spent over 20 years at App State. I believe he's here for good as long as his family is happy. I have seen more of his wife, Beth, than all the other head coaches wives since Bevalee Schnellenberger. And Miss Beth comes off as the perfect Team Mom and is all class.

Reactions: Mayoman
Yeah my grammer definitely leaves something to be desired. Man something about this guy makes me think he would be content here as long as we kept him in a respectable contract. I dunno he just seems different than the others, honest. Almost as if he had morals . ha. There's a complete 180 for you a coach with integrity. Kidding but I think Satterfield stays as long as we show him we want him to. He's in his 40' s and no one wanted him till we offered. He may be the only coach alive that sees the UL job for what it really is. A place where one can build a complete team and navigate its way to a spot in the playoffs without the pressure that comes with the majority of high profile jobs in college football. Here he can have seasons where his team underachieves and still keep his job.
Not a naysayer but we said very similar things about CCS. Gave him his first HC position... I have learned to see how things play out, especially with coaches..

For reasons good and bad, for the last 30 years the Louisville job opens up every 4 years on average.
Don’t lay it on the coaches, it is their scum sucking agents that talk them into moving on. I do hope Scott will be different but the past has a lousy way of repeating itself.

The difference between Satterfield And Strong is when we hired Strong it was his first head coaching job. In hoping Satyerfield is smarter than the rest. I feel pretty confident that our new head coach is not one to get starstruck.

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT