ADVERTISEMENT

The MYTH that UK is "closer" to U of L after last year's game

Dodging it again. And you got the balls to talk about politicians?

LPT Football: Only players and coaches get castrated...

I'm not dodging anything Zipp, not even sure what you think I'm dodging. I've explained why I think this info was released. Bama is the number one program in the nation, if Saban was going to offer the kid if Louisville rejected him who are we to question Louisville. It's pure deflection and I know you can see it. What I don't get is why you don't just admit it and move on. You act as if UofL is a child of yours and you are unable to see anything that might possibly shine them in a bad light.

I do not understand that

Bill I'm not sure I'm following you here as far as BAMA goes, but I will say this. I would love to see football have more of a priority in the state, as I do believe state wide there is more talent football wise than is currently being developed. I am also hoping that Stoops can make UK competitive in the SEC I would really love to see it. That being said I am a BAMA fan and wouldn't cheer for Jesus H. Christ against them and can tell you without a shadow of a doubt Nick Saban does whatever he wants, and when he says crap everyone in BAMA squats and makes grunting noises. I haven't read the article in question been busy the last couple days but if the article says that he wasn't gonna take this kid until Louisville turned him away I'm having a hard time believing it. The only reason Taylor was dismissed is because the SEC commissioner would have been on a rampage. Otherwise Saban does what he wants, watch a presser some time he could care less about the media and unless the conference is gonna get involved he don't worry much about Battle either.

Jarhead, you might want to reread what's being discussed here. By the way I agree with you. If Saban wanted the kid he wouldn't have waited to see if Louisville was going to accept him.

Anyway, You guys got a good football player, should be a big help on defense this year.
This is a true statement and a fact that most on your board can't deal with it so they have to continually bash our tactics. They like to say Jurich is the devil and controls everything even the city of Louisville. They just wish Mitch had his balls. They love to bash Bobby for his mistakes yet Jurich has forgiven him for making mistakes in his life both personally and professionally and sees him for the man he is today. His past hasn't seemed to affected his ability to recruit and win games. Another reason for UK fans to despise him. I love it when I read that our success is built on a deck of cards, a classic line on the Lair. Your fanbase, at least the ones on message boards just can't handle that Louisville continues to grow with every season. There's a reason the ACC chose us, we have proven our worth on the field of play. There's a reason we are adidas's top program, we're winners. UK fans, at least the majority on your board are simply green or blue with envy.

I'm not dodging anything Zipp, not even sure what you think I'm dodging... if Saban was going to offer the kid if Louisville rejected him who are we to question Louisville. It's pure deflection and I know you can see it. What I don't get is why you don't just admit it and move on...
Because I'm not admitting to LPT Bill's crock. Let's put this right in your face for the 3rd or 4th time...

No, you conveniently dodged the question... It's "why bring up the Bama option NOW?"

...Since you're so good at reading people's minds, tell us what strategic value there is for Tom Jurich NOW to suck Alabama into this issue? And how U of L and ESPN think they can get away with it?...
Did you notice the word NOW in there, Bill? Why are we hearing it NOW?

I have all the time in the world. Go ahead and play dense so that I have to explain the question again.

LPT Football: Sometimes we're not playing...

Last edited by a moderator:
Because I'm not admitting to LPT Bill's crock. Let's put this right in your face for the 3rd or 4th time...

Did you notice the word NOW in there, Bill? Why are we hearing it NOW?

I have all the time in the world. Go ahead and play dense so that I have to explain the question again.

LPT Football: Sometimes we're not playing...

ZIPP, I've told you over and over and over! To deflect heat away from Louisville when they announce he's cleared, I'm not dodging anything dude. It's media relations 101, it happens ALL the time.

This is a true statement and a fact that most on your board can't deal with it so they have to continually bash our tactics. They like to say Jurich is the devil and controls everything even the city of Louisville. They just wish Mitch had his balls. They love to bash Bobby for his mistakes yet Jurich has forgiven him for making mistakes in his life both personally and professionally and sees him for the man he is today. His past hasn't seemed to affected his ability to recruit and win games. Another reason for UK fans to despise him. I love it when I read that our success is built on a deck of cards, a classic line on the Lair. Your fanbase, at least the ones on message boards just can't handle that Louisville continues to grow with every season. There's a reason the ACC chose us, we have proven our worth on the field of play. There's a reason we are adidas's top program, we're winners. UK fans, at least the majority on your board are simply green or blue with envy.

Rival fanbases are like that, water off a ducks back man. If each side weren't gigging the other it wouldn't be much of a rivalry.

I love it when I read that our success is built on a deck of cards, a classic line on the Lair. Your fanbase, at least the ones on message boards just can't handle that Louisville continues to grow with every season. There's a reason the ACC chose us, we have proven our worth on the field of play. There's a reason we are adidas's top program, we're winners. UK fans, at least the majority on your board are simply green or blue with envy.

That's a classic narrative. They can't accept that Louisville has built a program over the course of 30 years with hard work, some setbacks, some bumps and bruises, and some excellence here and there along the way. Now the country sees us with a certain level of respect. A lot of analysts pick us to finish 3rd in our division behind FSU and Clemson. Imagine where 1985 Louisville would get ranked in the league.

There is a depth to this program that is able to shake off things like a bad move in the Kragthorpe hiring. Instead of going back into the tank and becoming 1985 Louisville again, Jurich went out and made a brilliant hire in Strong. Now we have one of the best offensive minds in the game as head coach, and we're recruiting players away from Alabama, Auburn, and Clemson.

The program has come a long way!

Reactions: mwatson61
Jarhead, you might want to reread what's being discussed here. By the way I agree with you. If Saban wanted the kid he wouldn't have waited to see if Louisville was going to accept him.

If it's all the same I think I'll pass on that, this topic has went about 8 or 9 pages to long as is, however I do apologize I shouldn't have posted without going back and reading to catch up. That being said I was thoroughly enjoying a bottle of 1865 coconut tequila at the time which was making it very difficult to wrap my brain around what was being discussed, therefore I apologize again. I prolly shouldn't have been posting to begin with and good thing I locked myself out of my BAMA account I had every intention of flaming the he!! out of the barners board.

If it's all the same I think I'll pass on that, this topic has went about 8 or 9 pages to long as is, however I do apologize I shouldn't have posted without going back and reading to catch up. That being said I was thoroughly enjoying a bottle of 1865 coconut tequila at the time which was making it very difficult to wrap my brain around what was being discussed, therefore I apologize again. I prolly shouldn't have been posting to begin with and good thing I locked myself out of my BAMA account I had every intention of flaming the he!! out of the barners board.

No need to apologize, and give those Auburn fans hell !

Most UofL fans believe we have entered an entirely new phase with recruiting. Already well-known for player development and getting football players into the higher draft levels of the NFL, with our entry into the ACC, our coaches are absolutely unafraid to compete with the Alabubbas and Auburns and Georgias of the world for ballplayers. The potential is here right now for a new level of play by Louisville - taking the next upwards step.

We suspect a new level of recruiting to take place on a regular basis - and yeah, we knock on wood, lol, because we've been down in all of our memories. But the signs are there for crazy success based on pure football talent and player development. Most fans are quietly giddy, the truth is, over our recent recruiting successes. The future looks bright as hell.

As far as UK is concerned, we know very little, in the end. A few of us follow you based on earlier loyalties and sportsmanship. The game ;last season was a study in frustration and a total trainwreck you helped us win by your weird defensive awareness of Devante. No one in the ACC single covered Parker, lol. It was a gift of a mismatch and wow - what a mismatch it was. It also plays into our concept of your HC's situational awareness. That was not a good look.

Most UofL fans believe we have entered an entirely new phase with recruiting. Already well-known for player development and getting football players into the higher draft levels of the NFL, with our entry into the ACC, our coaches are absolutely unafraid to compete with the Alabubbas and Auburns and Georgias of the world for ballplayers. The potential is here right now for a new level of play by Louisville - taking the next upwards step.

We suspect a new level of recruiting to take place on a regular basis - and yeah, we knock on wood, lol, because we've been down in all of our memories. But the signs are there for crazy success based on pure football talent and player development. Most fans are quietly giddy, the truth is, over our recent recruiting successes. The future looks bright as hell.

As far as UK is concerned, we know very little, in the end. A few of us follow you based on earlier loyalties and sportsmanship. The game ;last season was a study in frustration and a total trainwreck you helped us win by your weird defensive awareness of Devante. No one in the ACC single covered Parker, lol. It was a gift of a mismatch and wow - what a mismatch it was. It also plays into our concept of your HC's situational awareness. That was not a good look.

Brought up most of these same points in regards to Parker on the Lair...they point to DeVante going off and as you just stated not our fault that for some strange reason they basically had him in Single Coverage...

Reactions: Senore2006
ZIPP, I've told you over and over and over! To deflect heat away from Louisville when they announce he's cleared, I'm not dodging anything dude. It's media relations 101, it happens ALL the time.
So, where's the "heat"? Cite me one news source, one official comment from any credible source in the past week that would qualify as "heat" over U of L clearing Fields?

And while you're at it, find me an official denial or WTF from anyone legitimately connected with Alabama. They gotta be mad as hell that U of L would be trying to drag them down with lies and innuendo.

Make your case.

LPT Football: Long on opinions, short on facts...

And FOUR THOUSAND people on the Premium Rivals site for Bama. NOT ONE POST on Devonte Fields. Not even an LPT fan like Bill trying to stir up stuff.

Looks like those guys would have been OK with Fields on their roster.

LPT Football: Unloved everywhere...

Last edited by a moderator:
And FOUR THOUSAND people on the Premium Rivals site for Bama. NOT ONE POST on Devonte Fields. Not even an LPT fan like Bill trying to stir up $hit.

Looks like those guys would have been OK with Fields on their roster.

LPT Football: Unloved everywhere...

Trying to stir up stuff? You're the one that brought it up Zipp. No one on Bama's site cares about Louisville or Devonte Fields, and only premium members can post on their site.

Why would that info come out Zipp? Like Jarhead wrote, if Saban truly wanted Fields he isn't waiting to see if he qualifies at Louisville, you and I both know that.

I don't have to make a case, because It's my opinion thats what it was, it's common sense Zipp. The kid got kicked off his team for beating the crap out of his girlfriend, there's a cloud around college and pro football for this behavior now.Last week FSU kicked a kid off a team for punching a girl, media relations 101 Zipp.

I'm not trying to stir up anything, you can have your opinion and i'll have mine.

Trying to stir up stuff? You're the one that brought it up Zipp. No one on Bama's site cares about Louisville or Devonte Fields, and only premium members can post on their site...
YOU are the slapd!ck who concocted this theory about U of L planting this story. If it was true, why would a slapd!ck be the only person mentioning it? It would reflect poorly on Bama, not LPT. Yet, silence from them. 'Splain that please, Bill? (You can read their post headers without being a member...)

...Why would that info come out Zipp?...
Because you're contradicting yourself. The issue of domestic violence is supposed to be so serious that U of L still needs to provide "cover" for itself several months after the fact. Yet, it doesn't merit a mention from the Tide side. Which is it, Bill? Surely Bama cares about domestic violence, right? And in your version of reality, they've been falsely accused! I'll say it for them..."WTF!!"

...I don't have to make a case, because It's my opinion thats what it was, it's common sense Zipp. ...media relations 101 Zipp.

I'm not trying to stir up anything, you can have your opinion and i'll have mine.
Slapd!ck sense isn't "common sense". Don't smear the rest of the world with your opinions as if they're shared. I see no one but you making this argument. And absolutely you have to make your case. You don't get to simply form and state unsubstantiated opinions that go unchallenged. If you don't want it challenged, keep your mouth shut. And remember timeless zipp-ism no. 142: "You don't get credibility and respect because you have a username and password."

LPT Football: No respect...

Zipp, Slapd*ck ...really? Surefire way to tell someone is insecure about a position is when they start namecalling. It's pretty clear why the story came out, why would it be necessary to print that Bama was going to take him if he didn't clear at Louisville? It's pertinent now because of what just happened at FSU and Fields just got cleared to play at Louisville.

It is common sense why it came out, I would say the same if he was playing at UK and the story came out. Unlike you I'm not blinded by loyalty for the school I follow.

We can go round and round about this, but in the end its just our opinions, you can't prove yours, and I can't prove mine.

Alabama's interest in Fields was reported by ESPN.com beat writer Max Olson. Until someone with more credibility than Olson reports differently, that's the story I'm going with.

Alabama's interest in Fields was reported by ESPN.com beat writer Max Olson. Until someone with more credibility than Olson reports differently, that's the story I'm going with.
Hey, LPT Bill reported differently. And he had no info, of course, just "common sense".

LPT Football: Nothing common about us...

Zipp, Slapd*ck ...really? Surefire way to tell someone is insecure about a position is when they start namecalling...
Take that up with Petrino. I don't come up with monikers like "LPT"...I just use them. You think Petrino's insecure? LOL!

...It's pretty clear why the story came out, why would it be necessary to print that Bama was going to take him if he didn't clear at Louisville? It's pertinent now because of what just happened at FSU and Fields just got cleared to play at Louisville.

It is common sense why it came out, I would say the same if he was playing at UK and the story came out...
Sure you would. You spew the typical, unsubstantiated slapd!ck crap. But sure the same applies to Slapd!ck U. itself. Why would I believe otherwise?

No one but you is making an issue an Fields of "getting cleared" to play. His eligibility was just a formality. The DECISION to take him stirred up the debate. No one but you is making that an issue now. And I know because you can't cite another source currently besides your own slapd!ck "common sense".

Again, common sense to you makes it LPT rationalization to the rest of us.

...We can go round and round about this, but in the end its just our opinions, you can't prove yours, and I can't prove mine.
We WILL go round and round. Proof that something didn't happen--that Jurich didn't concoct the story--is preposterous to anyone but the delusional slapd!ck who came up with the garbage.

The ABSENCE of proof for your position is all the proof that the rest of us need.

LPT Football: Our issue is we often think backwards...

I didn't make it an issue, you did Zipp by bringing it up. And it wasn't a report by ESPN, it was a tweet that Olson wrote he heard from someone he didn't name that Bama was going to take him. I have as much proof as you do that it wasn't told to him by someone from Louisville now don't I. Again, I don't blame Louisville for taking him, I've stated that over and over.
I don't have to prove anything, this isn't a court of law, the writer didn't post whom or how he heard it. Common sense tells anyone not emotionally attached to the program taking the young man at hand that it was to deflect any criticism that might come with them clearing him. Why wouldn't this info come out BEFORE he was cleared? Obviously Bama must've allegedly told him this prior to being cleared, right?

Put 2 and 2 together with the lack of the source, the recent dismissal of the player from FSU, and the rash of domestic abuse problems in all of football and the picture becomes clearer.

Now, you prove to me it wasn't someone from Louisville who told him.

I didn't make it an issue, you did Zipp by bringing it up...
In Clinton-esque fashion, I guess I'll have to define what "it" is... "It" is your story--obviously created and spewed by you--that U of L raised the Bama connection as "cover". Do you still own that, or are you trying to wiggle out of it? And if you didn't concoct the raised-by-U of L-as-cover theory, who did? Lastly, I don't wanna hear your version of reality as common sense. Don't try to distance yourself now; own it yourself.

...And it wasn't a report by ESPN, it was a tweet that Olson wrote he heard from someone he didn't name that Bama was going to take him. I have as much proof as you do that it wasn't told to him by someone from Louisville now don't I...
I don't think I said ESPN unearthed the news. Clearly, they had enough evidence it was true to report it. And unlike you, ESPN has their credibility on the line when they say something. You can spew garbage almost with impunity except for people like me taking you to task.

And again, no one needs proof that something DIDN'T happen. I don't need proof that Jurich didn't plant the story. That's the kinda slapd!ck logic that slapd!cks are famous for, and continuing down that path just brings you closer to the slapd!ck pack.

....Again, I don't blame Louisville for taking him, I've stated that over and over...
You keep beating that drum, but it ain't the issue. No one gives a rat's a$$ whether an LPT fan blames Louisville for anything. Your opinion on U of L's integrity means nothing on a U of L message board. Esp. not when you'll fabricate bull$hit to support your view of reality.

...I don't have to prove anything, this isn't a court of law, the writer didn't post whom or how he heard it...
You're flat out wrong. You have to TRY to prove all of your viewpoints, unless widely accepted which obviously this one isn't. Unless you wanna be seen simply as a flaming gum flapper. Is that what you want, Bill? Credible or gum flapper?

...Common sense tells anyone not emotionally attached to the program taking the young man at hand that it was to deflect any criticism that might come with them clearing him. Why wouldn't this info come out BEFORE he was cleared? Obviously Bama must've allegedly told him this prior to being cleared, right?...
Common sense is bull$hit unless you define it as LPT fan "logic". Bama must have told SOMEONE. Logically, it was the kid or his family. Probably wasn't U of L or anyone else.

...Put 2 and 2 together with the lack of the source, the recent dismissal of the player from FSU, and the rash of domestic abuse problems in all of football and the picture becomes clearer.

Now, you prove to me it wasn't someone from Louisville who told him.
Proving that something didn't happen is not relevant to anyone of sound mind but the IRS. Did you work for the government?

LPT Football: No explanation for how we think...

Remember when Bobby scored late in a blow out, and Brooks got upset. Then the next year, Bobby took a knee late, in another blow out, and Brooks still got upset. Good times. What do you guys think Bobby is going to do at CWS this year after the nonsense that Stoops pulled last year. It's going to be ugly.

First of all ESPN didn't report it, it was tweeted by a writer for ESPN. Second of all, you brought up that Bama wanted him, I'm not backing off anything.

proving that something didn't happen isn't relevant, ok, then I don't need to explain anything else then. Since the writer didn't say who he heard the rumor from in his tweet I can assume it was from Louisville, and you can assume it wasn't. End of story.

Zipp, lets be honest here, you obviously are going to emotionally counter any and everything I write on here, and I don't care. I don't care if you or anyone else on here thinks I'm credible. Common sense tells anyone that if in fact this writer did hear this it wasn't from the Bama side. So who would benefit if any from that little nugget? The writer gets twitter followers from Bama and probably Auburn too. Fields looks to be a hot commodity if the number one program is interested benefitting him, and Louisville as well to other recruits, and Louisville can use it as a deflection on clearing a young man kicked off TCU from media, and to tell donors and fans who might be troubled by them taking a kid that punched his girlfriend in light of recent events.

You bringing this up originally proves my point, as you jumped all over it as soon as he tweeted it and posted it on here directly at me.

Bill, if I understand your theory correctly, you are hypothesizing that an ESPN writer tweeted a story, fed to him by a UofL source, that Bama was going to pursue Fields if he was cleared to play at Louisville. Is that accurate? If so, why would an ESPN writer simply accept the story fed to him without checking the information or why hasn't anyone associated with Bama denied the ESPN writer tweeted story? It appears that you are implying UofL sources planted a story that neither the ESPN writer nor Bama found any reason to question. It would seem logical to me that if your theory were accurate then Bama/Saban would certainly dispute the story in order to avoid the heat you have referenced. I definitely don't think big ole Bama, or ESPN for that matter, would stand by complicitly while little ole Louisville fed the media false stories. The single facet of your hypothesis that does follow logic is that yes, it would somehow deflect the slightest bit of negative PR to claim Bama was going to take him if we didn't. But that sliver of logic is completely demolished by the common sense response that neither Bama/Saban nor ESPN would be so stoically complicit in this bit of misdirection if it was untrue.

Ha ha, "Down goes Bill!! Down goes Bill!!"

Trying his damnedest to pin that tail on something or other. With heroic effort, no less, if lame reasoning. All effort, no power...sorry man, bad for cred. Hanging on dearly to a shred of hopeful disaster while the entire UofL world watches you dissemble, wondering

"WTF for?"

Then we realize. "He's a slapdick. What else does he have?" And things clear up remarkably..

Good points, Steelers. After already signing a second chance guy themselves in the past, the last thing Bama is going to do is take more heat for a guy they DIDN'T pursue. Their silence speaks volumes.

First of all ESPN didn't report it, it was tweeted by a writer for ESPN. Second of all, you brought up that Bama wanted him...
ESPN and other media outlets whose credibilities are on the line reported that Bama wanted him. And I reported that FACT. YOU brought up independently and with no factual basis that U of L planted the story. Does that jive with your LPT memory?

...proving that something didn't happen isn't relevant, ok, then I don't need to explain anything else then. Since the writer didn't say who he heard the rumor from in his tweet I can assume it was from Louisville, and you can assume it wasn't...
I reported what the writer said, and I believe it. YOU need to ask that writer for proof if you don't believe it. That's not my responsibility esp. on this website. YOU need to prove that the writer is wrong or lying. Or you need to find evidence that Jurich did leak a false story. I'm not holding my breath waiting for you to do any of that because you have no influence and because the writer's account is likely true.

...End of story...
For the record, YOU are the guy (the LPT guy obviously) who keeps trying to "end the story". "We can go round and round" and "I don't have to prove anything", as other examples. That conveniently fits your agenda and tactic...spew garbage with no accountability. Maybe works in some debates, not mine. There is no end of YOUR story.

...Zipp, lets be honest here, you obviously are going to emotionally counter any and everything I write on here, and I don't care. I don't care if you or anyone else on here thinks I'm credible. Common sense tells anyone that if in fact this writer did hear this it wasn't from the Bama side. So who would benefit if any from that little nugget? ...Louisville can use it as a deflection on clearing a young man kicked off TCU from media, and to tell donors and fans who might be troubled by them taking a kid that punched his girlfriend in light of recent events.

You bringing this up originally proves my point, as you jumped all over it as soon as he tweeted it and posted it on here directly at me.
Why are you here if you don't care about credibility? Why go to the trouble? If you're not trying to be credible, you're telling us to just ignore you. Is that what you want? I don't believe it is. You simply want to spew with impunity, at least on this subject.

So which of your points did I prove? Curious more than I used to be how that little mind works.

LPT Football: Little minds are what we have to work with...

Good points, Steelers. After already signing a second chance guy themselves in the past, the last thing Bama is going to do is take more heat for a guy they DIDN'T pursue. Their silence speaks volumes.
Of course it does. That's obvious to everyone but LPT Bill.

LPT Football: He's more like the rest of us than you guys thought...

Olson tweeted it, it wasn't a story,he didn't name sources or who told him.

Zipp, you proved my whole point from the get go when you brought it here and tried to pass it as justification for U of L taking him, didn't you. What further needs to be said.

Has Saban done any interviews since that announcement and if so has he been posed that question? I doubt he will since his next interview will be after camp starts and that's what all the questions will be about, but if he states he did tell him that I'll be back to eat crow.

I come here because it's fun, and I like the back and forth.
I never said the writer was lying either, he never said who he heard it from, isn't that what we've been discussing this whole time? Do you honestly believe someone from Sabans staff called this guy up and said " hey we would've taken Fields if he wasn't cleared at Louisville" yea me either.

It's my opinion It was an obviously planted statement by someone. Right after the kids cleared Olsen tweets it, come on dude. its classic deflection.

Last edited:
Bill, if I understand your theory correctly, you are hypothesizing that an ESPN writer tweeted a story, fed to him by a UofL source, that Bama was going to pursue Fields if he was cleared to play at Louisville. Is that accurate? If so, why would an ESPN writer simply accept the story fed to him without checking the information or why hasn't anyone associated with Bama denied the ESPN writer tweeted story? It appears that you are implying UofL sources planted a story that neither the ESPN writer nor Bama found any reason to question. It would seem logical to me that if your theory were accurate then Bama/Saban would certainly dispute the story in order to avoid the heat you have referenced. I definitely don't think big ole Bama, or ESPN for that matter, would stand by complicitly while little ole Louisville fed the media false stories. The single facet of your hypothesis that does follow logic is that yes, it would somehow deflect the slightest bit of negative PR to claim Bama was going to take him if we didn't. But that sliver of logic is completely demolished by the common sense response that neither Bama/Saban nor ESPN would be so stoically complicit in this bit of misdirection if it was untrue.

If Saban says they did in fact tell Fields that I promise I'll be here to eat crow.

OT question Bill, since Bear Bryant left Lexington, has there ever been a 10 year period where UK has had a .500 or better overall record? Just curious.

If Saban says they did in fact tell Fields that I promise I'll be here to eat crow.
Just so we can plan to commemorate the moment, does Saban have to be asked? And in what timeframe?

It's ridiculous at this moment in time to think that Alabama will keep to themselves a matter like Jurich lying for cover and involving them. About domestic violence no less, and until an opportunistic time "after camp starts". Only in an LPT fan's mind would that make sense.

LPT Bill's a squirmer though. And I feel he's got a realistic shot at squirming out of crow filet before this fantasy is over.

LPT Football: Well practiced at dodging the truth...

Just so we can plan to commemorate the moment, does Saban have to be asked? And in what timeframe?

It's ridiculous at this moment in time to think that Alabama will keep to themselves a matter like Jurich lying for cover and involving them. About domestic violence no less, and until an opportunistic time "after camp starts". Only in an LPT fan's mind would that make sense.

LPT Bill's a squirmer though. And I feel he's got a realistic shot at squirming out of crow filet before this fantasy is over.

LPT Football: Well practiced at dodging the truth...

I won't dodge or squirm out of it, I'm sure he'll be asked soon as well.

I didn't say Jurich said anything.
I mentioned camp because Saban said he and his staff were going to take personal time until it started, therefore I assume he won't be available to media. And when it starts the focus of questions will be on that I imagine. I'm not dodging anything, I've pretty well laid out exactly what I meant, not sure what you think I'm dodging.
If Saban says Bama told Fields that I am man enough to admit I am wrong, what difference would timeframe matter?

LoL! C'mon Bill, you're not really serious are you? I get that your goal is to keep this theory floating via our own message board. But you are an Army of one in this thought process. Literally no one else sees this conspiracy you see, that I am aware of. Nobody is going to confirm or deny the ESPN writer's comment, because nobody is going to admit to it.. By your own account, it is a blurb on a blog by one guy, who isn't claiming Saban told him anything. And he sure isn't claiming anyone from UofL told him anything. The guy is a sportswriter for a living; he operates in circles where he hears things. And if he hears something he trusts, from sources he trusts, then he makes a professional decision whether or not to share that information. But again, he is a professional who relies on his sources to maintain his credibility. If he passes along false information, he won't be a professional sports writer very long.

Anyways guys.,.this theory only stays afloat if we continue to engage its champion regarding its validity. I, for one, won't be indulging this lone wolf conspiracy theory anymore.

Last edited:
Steelers is right that I shouldn't have been dignifying the issue by arguing the point. But this LPT Bill guy has newly materialized--we think--in the last month. And he's defining himself. He says he doesn't care about credibility, but as much as he posts here, I'm not buying that.

And when (not if) he's proven to have concocted the story, that's pretty deep $hit in my opinion. Right now, he's alleging that Jurich--not an anonymous person in the athletic department, Bill; Jurich owns that department--has lied to cover for his decision to admit Fields and trivialize the issue of domestic violence. Let's ask Jurich if he thinks that's a pretty critical accusation.

When Bill's munching on crow, I'll be the first guy in line dumping on him again. And yeah, the timeframe's important, Bill. If Saban is quiet until Christmas, I can visualize your weak a$$ "deflection" to wait until the New Year.

LPT Football: There's always the New Year...

Wait, didn't you just say it wouldn't take long for someone to ask Saban about it?

I didn't blame Jurich, you did. And yes I'm well aware the reporter isn't going to reveal his source. But like you said someone will ask Saban about it, and he'll answer. How is Saban not saying anything somehow affirming what the reporter tweeted? You think he's just gonna come out and say by the way we didn't tell Fields that? Why hell no. No one at Bama gives a rip about Louisville.

Why's it deep Sh*t? I'm a guy on a message board, who gives a flip about my opinion. In what world do you live in where you're opinion of a sports team matters that much, quite the narcissist aren't ya Zipp. And I doubt very seriously if Jurich cares about my opinion, but apparently you do.

You came at me with this very account by this reporter as justification for U of L taking Fields, did you not ? Cause it sure seemed that way. Then when I give you reasons why, which you did exactly what I was describing you claim I'm dodging and concocting! You did it Zipp! And you're pissed because you know you did and I called you on it.

So go ahead and create all these reasons that I'm somehow gonna weasel around it. Try to create the scene for everyone because that's what you do. You're working on it already.

And in your world it's worse for me to have an opinion on how a reporter came up with a tweet about a kid that was kicked off a team for domestic violence and admitted to Louisville than it is actually letting the kid on the team, good grief.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT