ADVERTISEMENT

The MYTH that UK is "closer" to U of L after last year's game

Wait, didn't you just say it wouldn't take long for someone to ask Saban about it?...
Not sure I recall saying that. But if it's a false report planted by U of L, Bama won't wait for anyone to ask. As Mike said, their silence so far speaks volumes. How much silence do you need, Bill?

...I didn't blame Jurich, you did...
Well, who specifically at U of L are you blaming? These things don't report themselves. And if it's so obvious to you as to be "common sense", surely you have a theory on who. You've been so good at reading people's minds.

...How is Saban not saying anything somehow affirming what the reporter tweeted? You think he's just gonna come out and say by the way we didn't tell Fields that? Why hell no. No one at Bama gives a rip about Louisville...
Doesn't have to do with Louisville; has everything to do with the accusation at this point in time. That Bama wants to admit ANOTHER guy accused of domestic violence. They'd "give a rip" about that if it wasn't true.

...Why's it deep Sh*t? I'm a guy on a message board, who gives a flip about my opinion...
You're an LPT interloper on a U of L message board accusing U of L of fabricating a story impugning the reputation of another school and involving the admission of a guy accused of domestic violence. You're right, that sounds pretty insignificant. :rolleyes:

And the "who gives a flip" remark is intended to give you cover to say what you want without consequences. Great if you can get away with it.

...You came at me with this very account by this reporter as justification for U of L taking Fields, did you not ? Cause it sure seemed that way...
No, you lost track... YOU opined that U of L takes troublemakers. I responded with beloved Alabama and Jonathan Taylor. To which you retorted, they made a mistake and caught grief for that. Well evidently, not enough grief...enter Devonte Fields.

...And you're pissed because you know you did and I called you on it...
You haven't done anything other than make an LPT a$$ outta yourself.

...So go ahead and create all these reasons that I'm somehow gonna weasel around it. Try to create the scene for everyone because that's what you do. You're working on it already...
In an effort at reverse psychology, I'm gonna predict right now that we won't see a trace of your LPT a$$ by the time the season starts. And until you disappear, you'll be telling us that Saban and Bama are yet to speak on the subject of Fields. Evidently, there's no hurry--it's just domestic violence.

...And in your world it's worse for me to have an opinion on how a reporter came up with a tweet about a kid that was kicked off a team for domestic violence and admitted to Louisville than it is actually letting the kid on the team, good grief.
I'm not gonna say that you're worse than a person guilty of domestic violence. But that person isn't Devonte Fields. So I'll go on record as saying he's a more credible person than you are. At least he has owned who he is.

LPT Football: Hell, would you own this?...

Zipp, I'm not going anywhere, why would I ? because I might be wrong about something? That pretty cowardly.

You know damn well Bama isn't going to make a statement about a tweet from a reporter unless it's a question in a news conference. You're simply trying to provide cover for your self right now because you know that to be true, and you know no one in Alabama cares about this.

Louisville does take a chance on more kids than many schools, as I said there's nothing wrong with that, but like you told me just own it. Then you ran here to tell me that Bama was going to take Fields if he wasn't cleared...Riiight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I've been banned from Cats Illustrated once again and I really have no idea why.

Yeah you don't trash them @ all, you merely stand up against those that trash Louisville.

The "civil" thread is pretty tame for over there, yet lots of shameful commentary exists.

Watson they don't want Louisville fans there. The OP of the thread requested civil discourse and he has behaved like a very drunk 16 yr old multiple times in the thread.

Watson they don't want Louisville fans there. The OP of the thread requested civil discourse and he has behaved like a very drunk 16 yr old multiple times in the thread.
C1180 came over here a couple of years ago and started talking smack with all intentions of being banned and he got his wish. I simply ask questions and respond to posts about UofL and their thin skins can't handle it. Good riddance!

That's a shame Watson, you were being civil. I don't care for C1180 much, he started that thread inviting you guys in it, then kept instigating.

You guys and Public Enemy are knowledgable football fans, of course you're gonna slant toward Louisville it's your team, just gotta roll with it.

Reactions: mwatson61
That's a shame Watson, you were being civil. I don't care for C1180 much, he started that thread inviting you guys in it, then kept instigating.

You guys and Public Enemy are knowledgable football fans, of course you're gonna slant toward Louisville it's your team, just gotta roll with it.
I think calling him out yesterday was the final straw. Too bad, I enjoyed the conversation and wish you well until we meet.

Reactions: Bill Derington
I think calling him out yesterday was the final straw. Too bad, I enjoyed the conversation and wish you well until we meet.

In my opinion that shouldn't be enough to get someone banned, especially when he was acting like a little b*tch.

I wish you guys good fortune too. This last month until season starts is gonna be brutally long.

C1180 came over here a couple of years ago and started talking smack with all intentions of being banned and he got his wish. I simply ask questions and respond to posts about UofL and their thin skins can't handle it. Good riddance!
C1180's football wisdom in about thimble deep. I can't take issue with a level of partisanship because we all do it, but he crossed his own line in the sand so often and repetitively, it not only got sort of insane but delved into pure humorous irony.

Why are you guys still debating this UK troll? Fields is on UofL's team, he is an eligible player, who cares if UK people don't like it. What does that have to do with anything. Screw them. Since when does uk "approving" of every player we get have anything to do with anything? Why are you even responding to this type of crap? They put down everything Louisville does and have an excuse for anything that is considered "positive" for Louisville. Louisville's beaten them 13 times on the field head to head in the last 21 years. Under Ron Cooper, John L., Bobby Petrino & Charlie Strong. They've got an excuse for everything and will never give Louisville any credit. The latest theme for their disregard is, now we have guys they would never take. Whatever, why respond to it. To be honest why to you even communicate with uk fans. Just ignore them.

C1180's football wisdom in about thimble deep. I can't take issue with a level of partisanship because we all do it, but he crossed his own line in the sand so often and repetitively, it not only got sort of insane but delved into pure humorous irony.

He crossed the line w/ the majority of respondents.

He enjoys slandering the Louisville football program.

Oh boy!

The fact of the matter is that, in reality, few Kentucky fans expected to beat Louisville last year. This year, many more think it within the realm of possibility. That's based on a number of things, none of which are news to you so I won't bother repeating. At the end of the day, as has been said and said again, none of it matters except the 60 mins between the lines in November. Looking forward to it.

Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did pal.

Reactions: Louisvillian
Stoops never coached at Florida.

I think UK can win 6 games this year, with a possible 7. A lot of that has to do with the schedule, and I'm taking a big leap of faith Towles can get it together between the ears. He's got all the physical tools to be a good one, but the good ones don't get the deer in headlights look, they make plays.

You leap in faith was grande.

I'm sure it has been noted in the 700+ posts, but the last 2 years we have given them 28 points in INTs, directly or indirectly.

Their offense produced 10 points Saturday! Improvement?o_O But, I guess we haven't improved on the INTs. :eek:

We should see if this thread looks like it did back in July, THIS coming July ...

I bet it will be similar.

What instruments do you play?

It takes a lot of nerve for a uahkay/cayut fan to come on OUR board to correct one of our legitimate poster’s spelling. Yeah, I’m sure he knows it’s “banned” rather than band. If you want to continue to post here I’d be very careful about your critical, smart ass remarks. And what difference does it make as the vast majority of us are “band” from your cesspool for simply insisting on the truth.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: jimmy5-11
I keep reading that last year's game at PJCS proves that UK has closed the gap considerably, and they should take the next step against us this year and beat us.

Let's look at the stats in that game, shall we??

1st Downs -- UK 14, U of L 22
3rd Down efficiency
-- UK 3-16 U of L 7-14
4th Down efficiency
-- UK 2-3 U of L 0-1
Plays net yards - UK 70-327 U of L 74 - 472
Rushes net yards
- UK 41 - 151 U of L 39 - 83
Passing yards - UK 176 U of L 398
Passes
- UK 14-29-2 U of L 22-35-2
Fumbles Lost
-- UK 1-0 U of L 2-2
Penalties -- UK 4-45 U of L 3 - 15
Time of Possession -- UK 28:54 U of L 31:06

WE dominated that game.
WE almost handed it to UK, but $h!t happens when your 3rd string QB is pressed into action after injury.
DeVante Parker had 180 yards receiving of the 398 total we rolled up in that game. He was a major factor, but hardly the only factor.

The gap between the programs is NOT that close.
UK's D is water, and that should concern ANY UK football fan since Mark Stoops is (supposedly) a defensive guy. He's yet to show that in Lexington. It shouldn't take 3 season to put your stamp on the program.

It's tough battling the delusion that always emanates from the east this time of year. And I am under no illusion that these facts will do anything to tamp that delusion down.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/gametracker/recap/NCAAF_20141129_UK@LVILLE

Great post. UK fans will be back to this again.
k3.jpg

7wfe5.jpg

Kentucky-cheerleading-MEME.jpg

d0661736e9e031a9d7a0e58df805e153.jpg

Reactions: zipp
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT