ADVERTISEMENT

The Mack's $3.1M Home in Prospect.....very nice!

Sultan__of__Swine

15000+
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2004
chris-mack-home.jpg

Chris and Christi Mack bought this home for $3.1 million in a deal that closed June 13.

According to my calculations, Mack's already earned enough ($1.1 mil) to pay for more than a third of it. Not bad for landing Akoy Agau and a couple other kids. At least money's not as tight as we were led to believe...

Beginnings_zpspill7bd2.jpg

According to my calculations, Mack's already earned enough ($1.1 mil) to pay for more than a third of it. Not bad for landing Akoy Agau and a couple other kids. At least money's not as tight as we were led to believe...

Jealous much?

LOL!

Not jealous of anyone. Just fact based, which haters hate...

Our previous coach landed Agau also, what’s your point? And he made more than double what Mack makes.

Our previous coach landed Agau also, what’s your point? And he made more than double what Mack makes.
Agau ran off or was run off because he couldn't compete. Hell, he might be the best new guy on the team in 2018--he's at least got a shot. :)

Mack is paid 80% of what U of L paid Pitino.

I'm just marveling at how much money he's made so far. That's all...

Agau ran off or was run off because he couldn't compete. Hell, he might be the best new guy on the team in 2018--he's at least got a shot. :)

Mack is paid 80% of what U of L paid Pitino.

I'm just marveling at how much money he's made so far. That's all...

Is that really all? The whole whispering new and exciting ways Mack is sucking while you say you are neutral routine is starting to get stale.

Lucky he landed anyone given the negativity surrounding the program. As bad as the program was when Pitino arrived at least Pitino didn’t have to fight with one hand tied behind his back. As far as I’m concerned Mack is having to work his a$$ off and that’s no fault of his own and he’s earning every penny the hard way.

Is that really all? The whole whispering new and exciting ways Mack is sucking while you say you are neutral routine is starting to get stale.
I think it's about as stale as all of the "Mack is king" rhetoric. Now, it's "look at his castle"...

Reactions: nccardfan
Lucky he landed anyone given the negativity surrounding the program. As bad as the program was when Pitino arrived at least Pitino didn’t have to fight with one hand tied behind his back. As far as I’m concerned Mack is having to work his a$$ off and that’s no fault of his own and he’s earning every penny the hard way.
Well, Tyra's made sure Mack's getting almost $30 million whether he's earned it or not. Might as well spend 10% of it, I guess...

Reactions: nccardfan
I think it's about as stale as all of the "Mack is king" rhetoric. Now, it's "look at his castle"...

Our bball coach bought a nice house. Its a small story during a slow news story part of the college sports calendar. Would you rather the board be completely dead rather than people say anything remotely positive about the bball coach?

What is so unfair about this? Some just commented that the bball coach bought a house. It honestly isn't really positive or negative.
It’s like giddy little teenage girls... it’s about his personal family life and this is a basketball board. He’s not a rock star that we need to know every little detail. It’s like HRtheCard posting every five minutes where the next sighting of Chris Mack was going to be.

It’s like giddy little teenage girls... it’s about his personal family life and this is a basketball board. He’s not a rock star that we need to know every little detail. It’s like HRtheCard posting every five minutes where the next sighting of Chris Mack was going to be.

Feel free to post any basketball topics that are pertinent in July. The post said he bought a house and that it was “very nice”....didn’t know that’s what giddy teenagers talked about or how they talked.

What is so unfair about this? Some just commented that the bball coach bought a house. It honestly isn't really positive or negative.

Says the guy who probably purchased a “Got Pitino?” T-shirt like so many other Cardinal fans after Rick arrived.

So what were we supposed to post on a piece of real estate? Nice house?

Someone please advise on posting protocols. It's slow this time of year, and I need a good laugh. And make sure I know who's setting the standard so I can laugh even harder...

So what were we supposed to post on a piece of real estate? Nice house?

Someone please advise on posting protocols. It's slow this time of year, and I need a good laugh. And make sure I know who's setting the standard so I can laugh even harder...

Dont post anything. Check out the house and keep it moving. Its really not that important but its the offseason so any uofl bball related topic is really fair game. What else should we be talking about?

Well, “giddy little girls” would have posted the actual address and that didn’t happen. In that part of town you can’t swing a dead mouse without hitting a $2 to $4 million dollar house. This ain’t Hollywood where bus drivers are going to collect big bucks to drive past CCM’s house to hopefully get a view of the family for pictures or to steal his newspaper. It’s just a post about our new basketball coach and his new digs during the “slow” time of the year. Nothing less or more.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Dont post anything. Check out the house and keep it moving. Its really not that important but its the offseason so any uofl bball related topic is really fair game. What else should we be talking about?
Well then, why the OP? "Talking about" on a message forum means POSTING. Connect your own dots.

In the meantime, while we've debated the merits of this thread, Mack's pocketed another 100-grand...

Well then, why the OP? "Talking about" on a message forum means POSTING. Connect your own dots.

In the meantime, while we've debated the merits of this thread, Mack's pocketed another 100-grand...

Why do you continue to conplain about Mack’s salary before he has even coached a game. Just admit you dislike Mack cause he was hired by Tyra which is why you and nccard cant even handle remotely positive posts about him without turning it into some massive debate.

Atleast you are doing it cause of Pitino loyalty. Nccard is still whining about Padgett for whatever reasons.

Our bball coach bought a nice house. Its a small story during a slow news story part of the college sports calendar. Would you rather the board be completely dead rather than people say anything remotely positive about the bball coach?

No sir. You can’t say anything positive about anyone that’s at UofL or you’re a TJ hater. Of course, Zipp loves to bring up him in about every thread and show obvious hatred without giving any of the guys (Mack and Tyra) a chance. It’s honestly sad at this point. It’s just getting old. Like the definition of an agenda. You can’t get on this board anymore without there being an argument between past and present.

Why do you continue to conplain about Mack’s salary before he has even coached a game. Just admit you dislike Mack cause he was hired by Tyra which is why you and nccard cant even handle remotely positive posts about him without turning it into some massive debate.

Atleast you are doing it cause of Pitino loyalty. Nccard is still whining about Padgett for whatever reasons.

Disagree. Zipp thinks we should still have Padgett as well to get us through “the tough times” then go get a coach. That right there is an agenda. Mack and Padgett aren’t even in the same hemisphere. There’s a reason why a ton of real bball analysts and scouts say that Mack is a great coach. Probably won’t even visit the board this season bc I know every game we lose Zipp and nccard will go on and on and on and on about their agenda when clearly this season will be tougher than usual. Can’t judge someone when he was given so little time for 2018. I’d lay a bet down that Romeo Langford would be ours had Mack been hired in September. Too little time but boy Mack is trying his heart out. Could very well add more to 2018, maybe a reclass!

However, we’re most likely gonna have a Top 10 class for ‘19. Yep. Mack’s first class here will be Top 10. And it’s only gonna get better.

Disagree. Zipp thinks we should still have Padgett as well to get us through “the tough times” then go get a coach. That right there is an agenda. Mack and Padgett aren’t even in the same hemisphere. There’s a reason why a ton of real bball analysts and scouts say that Mack is a great coach. Probably won’t even visit the board this season bc I know every game we lose Zipp and nccard will go on and on and on and on about their agenda when clearly this season will be tougher than usual. Can’t judge someone when he was given so little time for 2018. I’d lay a bet down that Romeo Langford would be ours had Mack been hired in September. Too little time but boy Mack is trying his heart out. Could very well add more to 2018, maybe a reclass!

However, we’re most likely gonna have a Top 10 class for ‘19. Yep. Mack’s first class here will be Top 10. And it’s only gonna get better.
Yeah you keep spouting off these 5 star kids visiting and the next thing we hear is AKOY coming back or signing a Div 3 walkon. Let the cake bake on its own.

Well, Tyra's made sure Mack's getting almost $30 million whether he's earned it or not. Might as well spend 10% of it, I guess...

And every coach hired is initially making big dollars success unknown. So, I guess VT is doing the same as every AD across the country hiring coaches, paying big dollars and relying on the coaches reputation and previous success. But very few if any have Mack’s obstacles.

And every coach hired is initially making big dollars success unknown. So, I guess VT is doing the same as every AD across the country hiring coaches, paying big dollars and relying on the coaches reputation and previous success. But very few if any have Mack’s obstacles.
Let me know how many schools are paying their basketball coaches $4 million annually who have one E8 on their resumes. I'm sure that's a long list and the names should be easy to find...

You don't have a clue how many kids Mack's recruiting are clean. I don't know if he does either at this point, so temper your recruiting enthusiasm. I also don't use as a gauge a "ton of real bball analysts and scouts," whatever the hell that means.

As far as prior coaches, why is it that a Mack defender can't get thru a single post without mentioning a prior U of L coach? If you guys aren't hating on Pitino, it's freaking Padgett. Can't you defend Mack without trashing someone else? That's pretty weak sauce if you ask me.
No sir. You can’t say anything positive about anyone that’s at UofL or you’re a TJ hater. Of course, Zipp loves to bring up him in about every thread and show obvious hatred without giving any of the guys (Mack and Tyra) a chance. It’s honestly sad at this point. It’s just getting old. Like the definition of an agenda. You can’t get on this board anymore without there being an argument between past and present.
That's because you can't get into a debate without hating on someone from the past. I like picking these current guys apart, point by point. But today's haters don't like someone analyzing THEIR guys. "No, don't go there!"

I'm not asking you to read my posts or respond to them. That's on you. Stop whining because I make you unhappy, and deal with it. Point by point...

Last edited:
You don't have a clue how many kids Mack's recruiting are clean. I don't know if he does either at this point, so temper your recruiting enthusiasm. I also don't use as a gauge a "ton of real bball analysts and scouts," whatever the hell that means.

As far as prior coaches, why is it that a Mack defender can't get thru a single post without mentioning a prior U of L coach? If you guys aren't hating on Pitino, it's freaking Padgett. Can't you defend Mack without trashing someone else? That's pretty weak sauce if you ask me.

That's because you can't get into a debate without hating on someone from the past. I like picking these current guys apart, point by point. But today's haters don't like someone analyzing THEIR guys. "No, don't go there!"

I'm not asking you to read my posts or respond to them. That's on you. Stop whining because I make you unhappy, and deal with it. Point by point...

What are you picking apart about Mack? He hasn't coached a single game. Supposedly you don't care about recruiting but you can manage to complain about every hour Mack goes without already having the best class ever assembled. Your best point about Mack being a crap coach is trying to use someone else's resume who has different strengths and weaknesses and saying that is the best that Mack can be because they coached at the same school in their careers.

Like I said earlier, nobody brought Pitino or Padgett or whoever into this. This wasn't even a debate about coaching. At some point just stop. We all know that you support Pitino/ Jurich. Jurich is particular got hosed. You say that you aren't on one side or the other the fact that you can't handle anything positive being said about Mack without starting a war shows that you have chosen a side and its hoping for Mack's failure cause he was hired by the new regime.

Let me know how many schools are paying their basketball coaches $4 million annually who have one E8 on their resumes. I'm sure that's a long list and the names should be easy to find...

The list maybe short but the university was fortunate to get Mack given the shape Pitino left the program in. Who else was knocking on our door? The qualifications you were wanting would have required far more than 4 mil, not to mention who was available? Everyone with those qualifications weren’t leaving their current position to come to UofL given the situation.

We’re lucky we got him for 4 mil because he walked into a train wreck. And it’s not over yet.

The list maybe short but the university was fortunate to get Mack given the shape Pitino left the program in. Who else was knocking on our door? The qualifications you were wanting would have required far more than 4 mil, not to mention who was available? Everyone with those qualifications weren’t leaving their current position to come to UofL given the situation.

We’re lucky we got him for 4 mil because he walked into a train wreck. And it’s not over yet.
My guess is "U of L" plus $4 million dollars would have garnered more than a couple resumes. All we heard about was Mack and Kenny Payne. Well yeah, I guess if those were my choices, I'll take Mack. But I think that was far from the case.

But we'll never know if you're just gonna throw $30 million at Mack. Of course, he accepted the job. Did he even think about it?...

What are you picking apart about Mack? He hasn't coached a single game...
I agree. So what good is there to say about him as well? Doesn't stop people here from pumping the sunshine, does it?
...Supposedly you don't care about recruiting but you can manage to complain about every hour Mack goes without already having the best class ever assembled. ...
Excuse me, it was Mack's defenders--and Padgett's haters--who conjured up the narrative about needing Mack ASAP for recruiting. Now that he hasn't exactly set that world on fire, I'M NOW THE GUY making an issue outta his recruiting. That's really good stuff.
...Your best point about Mack being a crap coach is trying to use someone else's resume who has different strengths and weaknesses and saying that is the best that Mack can be because they coached at the same school in their careers...
Well, find me another great--not good--Xavier coach. Is/was Thad Matta a great coach? I don't recall too many U of L fans beating that drum--and why not hire Matta himself if you thought so? Sean Miller? That guy's apparently a cheat. Skip Prosser or Pete Gillen? You tell me, are any of these guys great? And they were all as successful as Mack while at Xavier.
...Like I said earlier, nobody brought Pitino or Padgett or whoever into this. This wasn't even a debate about coaching. At some point just stop. We all know that you support Pitino/ Jurich. Jurich is particular got hosed. You say that you aren't on one side or the other the fact that you can't handle anything positive being said about Mack without starting a war shows that you have chosen a side and its hoping for Mack's failure cause he was hired by the new regime.
I'm not for or against Mack. Quite honestly, I don't give a damn about anything but winning and staying between the ditches in the process. If Mack turns out better than Pitino, wonderful. If Tyra bests Jurich, stupendous. We'll know that those prior guys weren't that special. But I'm not anointing ANYONE better who's simply coasting along without any real tests or challenges. When I witness TRUE performance, I'll let you know what I think they're made of. And not this fake performance stuff getting talked up by people with agendas or way too much optimism...

I agree. So what good is there to say about him as well? Doesn't stop people here from pumping the sunshine, does it?.

Excuse me, it was Mack's defenders--and Padgett's haters--who conjured up the narrative about needing Mack ASAP for recruiting. Now that he hasn't exactly set that world on fire, I'M NOW THE GUY making an issue outta his recruiting. That's really good stuff.

Well, find me another great--not good--Xavier coach. Is/was Thad Matta a great coach? I don't recall too many U of L fans beating that drum--and why not hire Matta himself if you thought so? Sean Miller? That guy's apparently a cheat. Skip Prosser or Pete Gillen? You tell me, are any of these guys great? And they were all as successful as Mack while at Xavier.

I'm not for or against Mack. Quite honestly, I don't give a damn about anything but winning and staying between the ditches in the process. If Mack turns out better than Pitino, wonderful. If Tyra bests Jurich, stupendous. We'll know that those prior guys weren't that special. But I'm not anointing ANYONE better who's simply coasting along without any real tests or challenges. When I witness TRUE performance, I'll let you know what I think they're made of. And not this fake performance stuff getting talked up by people with agendas or way too much optimism...

So you want fans to have no anticipation for the upcoming season with a brand knew coach? Did you seriously not expect hype and excited fans posting about the new coach? I ask again, would you rather have this board be completely dead rather than talk about a UofL related topic? I'd rather see this than have the arguing back and forth about two racist debating on a Tv show or how Lebron James is the devil.

First of all there are very few Padgett haters and anyone with any sort of realistic beliefs knew we would not have a bunch of new recruits already. The 2018 class was pretty much done other than a couple of HS guys. We did get grad transfers to fill out the roster as expected. The 2019 class was always the target for HS recruits which we are still on pace for right now. We have one good commit and a lot of interest from other good recruits. Right now everyone is still feeling everyone out. Schools started laying the groundwork at the beginning of the summer and zeroing in on guys that want before signing day in November. Anybody that thought Mack was going to have a full class a month after his hire was setting themselves up for disappointment since recruiting does not work that way.

I still think this is a dumb argument since I don't see the point in lauding or criticizing a coach based on an entirely different coach's success and failures. If you are going to do it though Prosser and Gillen don't even have close resumes so their names shouldn't even be in the conversation.

You say you aren't against Mack but you are getting pissed off cause someone posted that he bought a house.

Last edited:
So you want fans to have no anticipation for the upcoming season with a brand knew coach? Did you seriously not expect hype and excited fans posting about the new coach? I ask again, would you rather have this board be completely dead rather than talk about a UofL related topic? I'd rather see this than have the arguing back and forth about two racist debating on a Tv show or how Lebron James is the devil...
You and I are doing a pretty good job at the moment of filling in airtime, aren't we? And there isn't much Mack sunshine in the process. Don't tell me we need a lot of ain't-we-great talk to get us thru a slow summer. I've been here for 17 summers.
...First of all there are very few Padgett haters and anyone with any sort of realistic beliefs knew we would not have a bunch of new recruits already. The 2018 class was pretty much done other than a couple of HS guys. We did get grad transfers to fill out the roster as expected. The 2019 class was always the target for HS recruits which we are still on pace for right now. We have one good commit and a lot of interest from other good recruits. Right now everyone is still feeling everyone out. Schools started laying the groundwork at the beginning of the summer and zeroing in on guys that want before signing day in November. Anybody that thought Mack was going to have a full class a month after his hire was setting themselves up for disappointment since recruiting does not work that way...
So what did you expect a green, lame duck coach to do in six months, sign a full recruiting class? Are you saying that if Padgett would have been given a 3-4 year contract in March, he couldn't have landed walk-ons, a grad transfer, and Akoy Agau?
...I still think this is a dumb argument since I don't see the point in lauding or criticizing a coach based on an entirely different coach's success and failures. If you are going to do it though Prosser and Gillen don't even have close resumes so their names shouldn't even be in the conversation...
I think a retrospective on past Xavier coaches is a perfectly valid argument since, absent blind faith, you have no other analytical way to gauge Mack's potential for success. Look at coaches who have gone before him and how well they succeeded (or didn't).
...You say you aren't against Mack but you are getting pissed off cause someone posted that he bought a house.
I don't get "pi$$ed off" except at people who can't debate objectively. And most of this sidebar stuff you injected into the discussion, not me...

You and I are doing a pretty good job at the moment of filling in airtime, aren't we? And there isn't much Mack sunshine in the process. Don't tell me we need a lot of ain't-we-great talk to get us thru a slow summer. I've been here for 17 summers.

I'll take talking about Mack's house over seeing you try and find new and exciting ways to try and prove that Mack, A sucks or, B is overpaid any day.

Reactions: HRTheCard
What are you picking apart about Mack? He hasn't coached a single game...
I agree. So what good is there to say about him as well? Doesn't stop people here from pumping the sunshine, does it?
...Supposedly you don't care about recruiting but you can manage to complain about every hour Mack goes without already having the best class ever assembled. ...
...Your best point about Mack being a crap coach is trying to use someone else's resume who has different strengths and weaknesses and saying that is the best that Mack can be because they coached at the same school in their careers...
...Like I said earlier, nobody brought Pitino or Padgett or whoever into this. This wasn't even a debate about coaching. At some point just stop. We all know that you support Pitino/ Jurich. Jurich is particular got hosed. You say that you aren't on one side or the other the fact that you can't handle anything positive being said about Mack without starting a war shows that you have chosen a side and its hoping for Mack's failure cause he was hired by the new regime.

I don’t know of anyone whose anointing VT better than TJ. There isn’t an AD out there that can fill TJ shoes. But VT is doing a good job, but there’s little argument that TJ shouldn’t have been fired. I support VT because I want to see the University athletics succeed. As for Pitino he orchestrated his own demise. As I’ve said many times if you give someone a bullet and that someone has a gun and they shoot you well your stupid for giving them the bullet. Pitino hired Jordon Fair. Why? What were is credentials? Why? The hire made no sense. It was a ridiculous hire and it bit him on the a$$. He managed to get himself fired and TJ in the process and that’s darn near unforgivable in my book. That’s what makes me so upset at Pitino. A stupid decision when he knew we were under a microscope. He gave Grissom and the band of idiots the silver bullet. Thanks Rick.

As for Mack he’s our coach and whether there were other who knows I suspect there wouldn’t have been many candidates give the situation, but I can’t prove that anymore than you can prove there were. And I don’t think Jay Wright would be recruiting any better given the situation. Every staff out there is dragging our scandal through every recruits house. And by the way Jay Wright would have been my first choice but that was not going to happen. Mack was a good option and he brings in great energy and a personality that is needed right now. I choice to support him until there’s reason not too.

ADVERTISEMENT