ADVERTISEMENT

The last time #2 came to Cardinals Stadium

If we were in Clemson I would think different but like I said earlier I think Coach Satt is going to go into his bag for this one. I think we will see motion every were, we will see trick plays, and we will find a way. GO CARDS!

Reactions: gocds and Mayoman

Yes theyre #2 in the Coaches poll

Just sayin..........

WTH KR! You may have just jinxed us. :D:p Yep, I like other posters here, believe we’ll see a bunch of stuff come out of the “coaching bag” on Saturday. With those type things, timing is everything. Most certainly I hope they work but, at the end of the day, Clemson just brings too much talent and depth to the table. But we will put up a great effort. Game Day is missing a great opportunity.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: SiouxfallsEric13
With all due respect Kerry, Lamar Jackson is not walking through that door. When Clemson comes to play (see FSU game), they are the best team in the country, and with the recent polls starting to shuffle the top teams, Clemson will be motivated to make a statement, just like they did last week, so I expect we will have their full attention.

Because I don't see this being a competitive game, I hope that Coach saves the trick plays for teams that we will actually be competitive with. The eye on the prize at the end of the day is six wins, and nobody had Clemson being one of those six, and even with our success this year, they're still not going to be one of the six, or seven, if we continue to play well.

This is not a game I will get my hopes up for. My hope is to come through the game healthy in order to compete for the remainder of the year.

Reactions: luv2hit63
With all due respect Kerry, Lamar Jackson is not walking through that door. When Clemson comes to play (see FSU game), they are the best team in the country, and with the recent polls starting to shuffle the top teams, Clemson will be motivated to make a statement, just like they did last week, so I expect we will have their full attention.

Because I don't see this being a competitive game, I hope that Coach saves the trick plays for teams that we will actually be competitive with. The eye on the prize at the end of the day is six wins, and nobody had Clemson being one of those six, and even with our success this year, they're still not going to be one of the six, or seven, if we continue to play well.

This is not a game I will get my hopes up for. My hope is to come through the game healthy in order to compete for the remainder of the year.

Clemson is not the best team.
Theyre 5th behind
OSU, OU, LSU, Bama.

This team isnt last years shitshow run by the thief. The Cards probably wont win, but theyre going to fight for 60 minutes :mad:

we win and we are in the hunt for the ACC title; but, the list of obstacles to over come is daunting...I can't think of a single position where we are even competitive with Clemson (ok, maybe coach play-calling?) Clemson -24 right now, it'll be interesting to see how that moves; I'm predicting that it moves up, and I don't see us covering. Oh how I want to be sooo wrong.

Sorry but they are not the best team in the country this year.

Clemson is not the best team.
Theyre 5th behind
OSU, OU, LSU, Bama.

This team isnt last years shitshow run by the thief. The Cards probably wont win, but theyre going to fight for 60 minutes :mad:
Agree to disagree. When they come to play, they are the best team. Last year in the playoffs they outscored their opponents 74 - 17. That was against two of the four best teams in the country. Wow.

And when they were focussed last week, they dismantled FSU. We will not be overlooked. They will be ready, and we are just not in their league right now, but that's okay. And yes, we are 1000% better than last year, but that will not be enough.

I admire everyone's optimism, but optimism won't win us this football game. If I am wrong, NOBODY will be happier to eat crow than me. I only wish I was going to have to.

Reactions: Mayoman
I would love to beat Clemson but they are way ahead of us at this point. I just want to see us put up a good fight and earn respect. Clemson plays to the level of their competition so it is hard to judge how good they are. They did the same thing last year and then blew through the playoffs.

Reactions: Christnole30
Agree to disagree. When they come to play, they are the best team. Last year in the playoffs they outscored their opponents 74 - 17. That was against two of the four best teams in the country. Wow.

And when they were focussed last week, they dismantled FSU. We will not be overlooked. They will be ready, and we are just not in their league right now, but that's okay. And yes, we are 1000% better than last year, but that will not be enough.

I admire everyone's optimism, but optimism won't win us this football game. If I am wrong, NOBODY will be happier to eat crow than me. I only wish I was going to have to.
I don't believe Clemson's defense (particularly the line) is as good as last year, but as a team they are certainly formidable.

Reactions: SiouxfallsEric13
The eye on the prize is this Saturday and this Saturday only. Just win, baby.
I agree beantown. Who wants a team that goes into a game already expecting a loss or trying to play safe to avoid an injury. That was last year's thinking. In the words of Flava Flav " night Quill, that sickness ".I want this team believing they can beat anybody anywhere not some team looking for moral victories. UK can have all that BS, not the Cards.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
I agree beantown. Who wants a team that goes into a game already expecting a loss or trying to play safe to avoid an injury. That was last year's thinking. In the words of Flava Flav " night Quill, that sickness ".I want this team believing they can beat anybody anywhere not some team looking for moral victories. UK can have all that BS, not the Cards.
I've never doubted that our team thinks they can win this game, and that's how I want them to think. Me on the other hand, will look at this game realistically, and understand that we don't match up with Clemson ANYWHERE. I would LOVE for us to win, because after cat fans, there's not a more obnoxious fan base, so I will be at the local bar with my UofL gear on (I live in FL), watching the game like always.

BC scored 41 and Wake Forest 59, Clemson should be able to name the score. Our offence will not be able to overcome that against their defense. They have us outmanned and out numbered. At this point I'm just hoping to keep it respectable and come away injury free.

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT