ADVERTISEMENT

The ironic Lunacy over in big blew land

KerryRhodes

15000+
Dec 15, 2007
95% of posters declare NC State SuCkS, and was overrated.

Didnt the Wolfpack shutout EKU 35-0 !

Meanwhile at crummywealth stadium, EKU, wasnt given an extra check to lay
down the last 7 minutes. Then escape in OT.

Keep the delusion alive Scat fans.

But NC State got up to play EKU and LPT didn't.

The NC State guys fighting in the EKU dorm probably had a lot to do with it.

LPT Football: We would dominate the ACC...

But NC State got up to play EKU and LPT didn't.

The NC State guys fighting in the EKU dorm probably had a lot to do with it.

LPT Football: We would dominate the ACC...
They wouldn't dominate the MAC. Who are they kidding?

What was your record at this time last year? I know you guys have dumbed down your schedule quite a bit, ULL has lost to Akron and LaTech by a combined 50 pts the last two weeks. Stoopes is trying to schedule his way into the famous UK football HOF. Grow some kitty cats.

Last year isn't this year, U.K. Has already played 3 SEC games, that isn't dumbing down the schedule, that would be what NC St had done to get to 4-0.

2-4
3-3
1-5
2-4
0-6
2-4
3-3
1-5
2-4
1-5
2-5
2-5
3-4
0-7
2-6
4-4
0-8
2-6
3-5
2-6
4-4
4-4
0-8
1-7
3-5
1-7
1-7
2-6
4-4
3-5
2-6
3-5
2-6
2-6
0-8
0-8
2-6

Whats all that bill. The cayuts conference records since 1977. Your eyes dont deceive you. Not one
winning record. Thats called consistentcy. A leopard cannot change its spots. uofk football blows.
Always has-always will.

With 7 games to go, they need 2 wins to get bowl eligable...Charlotte (OOC) is one possibility (SHOULD be a win...But you NEVER know!)...Vanderbilt (SEC) is another possibility...Auburn, Georgia, Mississippi State, Tennessee...SORRY...Just CAN'T see it...Louisville to end the season...LOSS...UK CAN'T stop the run...All EKU had to do was keep running between the tackles...They STOPPED...And LOST...UK WILL finish the season either 5-7 or 6-6!!!

:cool:

Last year isn't this year, U.K. Has already played 3 SEC games, that isn't dumbing down the schedule, that would be what NC St had done to get to 4-0.

The Difference Is:

NC State KICKED EKU's @$$...At Home...Held them to less than 200 yards TOTAL,...EKU had 200+ yards rushing against UK...Had they continued to run between the tackles, the Cats lose!

Please stop the only reason UK could go bowling is because of a soft non-conference schedule and a 8 game home schedule. Own it. There is nothing wrong with taking that approach but UK fans need to stop with the SEC is so tough they have to schedule that way.

Schedule what way? Look, I understand you don't want to give UK any credit, but they have a pretty good football team this year.

The Difference Is:

NC State KICKED EKU's @$$...At Home...Held them to less than 200 yards TOTAL,...EKU had 200+ yards rushing against UK...Had they continued to run between the tackles, the Cats lose!

Again, that doesn't mean anything, the Cats won, on to the next game. Which beat Louisville and is a member of the SEC.

With 7 games to go, they need 2 wins to get bowl eligable...Charlotte (OOC) is one possibility (SHOULD be a win...But you NEVER know!)...Vanderbilt (SEC) is another possibility...Auburn, Georgia, Mississippi State, Tennessee...SORRY...Just CAN'T see it...Louisville to end the season...LOSS...UK CAN'T stop the run...All EKU had to do was keep running between the tackles...They STOPPED...And LOST...UK WILL finish the season either 5-7 or 6-6!!!

You're going to be sorely disappointed at the end of the year. EKU didn't stop running to end the game.

2-4
3-3
1-5
2-4
0-6
2-4
3-3
1-5
2-4
1-5
2-5
2-5
3-4
0-7
2-6
4-4
0-8
2-6
3-5
2-6
4-4
4-4
0-8
1-7
3-5
1-7
1-7
2-6
4-4
3-5
2-6
3-5
2-6
2-6
0-8
0-8
2-6

Whats all that bill. The cayuts conference records since 1977. Your eyes dont deceive you. Not one
winning record. Thats called consistentcy. A leopard cannot change its spots. uofk football blows.
Always has-always will.

We'll see

Let's face it: UK can get to a bowl and not have beaten one good team because of their schedule. An SEC East schedule with eight home games coupled road games against USC and Vandy. If they beat Auburn or Georgia or Louisville or Miss. St. I'll admit they are an improved team. Beat more than one of them and I'll eat crow and admit they are a good team. But wins against USCJr., Mizzou, Tennessee(if it happens) or Vandy (if it happens) don't impress me.

Let's face it: UK can get to a bowl and not have beaten one good team because of their schedule. An SEC East schedule with eight home games coupled road games against USC and Vandy. If they beat Auburn or Georgia or Louisville or Miss. St. I'll admit they are an improved team. Beat more than one of them and I'll eat crow and admit they are a good team. But wins against USCJr., Mizzou, Tennessee(if it happens) or Vandy (if it happens) don't impress me.

Let's put it *THIS* way - If UK can't squeak into a bowl game with this 8-home game schedule which includes a woeful slate of SEC teams that are all trending steeply downward this year and with us in a rebuilding year, then it will be a colossal failure of Stoops and his staff. (I was gonna say "...and for UK football...", but it would actually just be par for their history.)

When is Western Kentucky coming back on the LPT schedule?

LPT Football: When wildcats sprout wings and fly...

Whats WKU got to do with this year? Besides them being better than NC ST and UofL, according to the computer rankings you like to cling too.

In think UK is better overall. Wasn't hard to do just due to growth and overall more talent. However - anyone who doesn't think this schedule was setup to get Stoops to a bowl is kidding themselves. Throw EKU out along with Samford. We now have a Houston as the weakest OOC game and they would beat ULL, Charlotte and Vanderbilt. Mizzo and South Carolina are very average teams this year. UK has a chance to beat Ms St and Tennessee IMO. Fact is if they don't get to a lower their bowl this year they may never do it.

Reactions: American Male
All due respect, no you won't. You'll figure out a way to say that they (the team we beat in this hypothetical) sucks, just like every team we ever beat sucks over here, and just like every team you guys beat sucks over on our board. Just how rivalries work.

In think UK is better overall. Wasn't hard to do just due to growth and overall more talent. However - anyone who doesn't think this schedule was setup to get Stoops to a bowl is kidding themselves. Throw EKU out along with Samford. We now have a Houston as the weakest OOC game and they would beat ULL, Charlotte and Vanderbilt. Mizzo and South Carolina are very average teams this year. UK has a chance to beat Ms St and Tennessee IMO. Fact is if they don't get to a lower their bowl this year they may never do it.
Maybe. Football schedules are typically set years in advance, though. So it's improbable that this schedule was specifically designed for any purpose related to this team. It is, by UK schedule standards, less brutal than in years past.

2-4
3-3
1-5
2-4
0-6
2-4
3-3
1-5
2-4
1-5
2-5
2-5
3-4
0-7
2-6
4-4
0-8
2-6
3-5
2-6
4-4
4-4
0-8
1-7
3-5
1-7
1-7
2-6
4-4
3-5
2-6
3-5
2-6
2-6
0-8
0-8
2-6

Always has-always will.

Let me summarize Kerry's post:

UK's SEC Record over the last 4 decades:

1980s 16-46 (.258 win%)
1990s 24-54 (.308)
2000s 20-60 (.250)
2010s 8-35 (.186)

Totals 58-195 (.229)

7 different coaches, 4 decades, same results. But "this" year is different, you say. What's different is that this might just be the weakest SEC East in 4 decades. But we'll see how this plays out.

Vandy has improved on defense this year, that could be tough for UK and if UK's offense plays like they did w/Florida, EKU, Vandy will win.

Auburn and Tennessee are beatable this year, BUT that doesn't mean that UK will beat them, just should.UL will beat UK even if it's a close game.

Auburn just booted their #1 playmaker. I don't see how they get a road win in Lexington.

UK has had such limited success over the years, I have no problem applauding their 7 or 8 win season they are tripping into.

That said UK fans for years point to SOS when flipping off Louisville but when the tables are turned and their schedule is soft, none of them can entertain that thought.

It's the forever moving of the goalposts that make the majority of their message board posters great reads. SOS only matters, when it's convenient.

I have no problem saying Louisville lost to a mediocre Auburn. I have no problem saying UofL finds ways to lose close games. The team lost half the starters to the NFL, and there isn't one SR touching the ball on offense. This type of season was expected, or should have been. It is why I projected 7 wins in the predict our record thread and when I did that I felt like I was being kind.

UK fans can't seem to admit they won @ USC when they were playing a walk-on @ QB and Missouri is way down themselves. These two wins are just very blah, why not own that? Auburn will be very similar in kind. They have reasons for the insecurity, this is a celebration type of season regardless of how soft their schedule ends up looking like.

As others have said, UK will be defined by the work they do against FLA/UGA/Tenn/Miss St. Those are the big 4 challenges. Vandy is a unique one as well, given the fact they must go road vs them after a very tough 3 game stretch against top teams.

USC didn't play a walk on QB against UK, Mizzou is 4-1 I wouldn't say they were down. Are you say a win against a conference opponent is blah? Beating the reigning division champion soundly is blah, lol. I'll take a blah win all day over an exciting loss.

USC didn't play a walk on QB against UK, .

Yet again, you show that you don't know what you are talking about. How many effing uninformed posts do you plan on providing this year guy?

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/perry_orth_841952.html

"Walk-on quarterback who has impressed the coaches enough to figure in the mix with Connor Mitch and Michael Scarnecchia for the starting signal-caller duties in 2015... listed on the second-team entering the fall... shared Most Improved Quarterback honors in the spring with Connor Mitch. "

Perry Orth is a walk on. Perry Orth threw 20 passes against UK this year when South Carolina played Kentucky.

You don't know anything.

Damn LPT Bill gets owned again! Take a break bubber and come back when you know something about football. You regularly spew nonsense and falsehoods and get called on it. Least informed fan of the dumbest football fan base in America! I think he just makes shit up

Yet again, you show that you don't know what you are talking about. How many effing uninformed posts do you plan on providing this year guy?

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/perry_orth_841952.html

"Walk-on quarterback who has impressed the coaches enough to figure in the mix with Connor Mitch and Michael Scarnecchia for the starting signal-caller duties in 2015... listed on the second-team entering the fall... shared Most Improved Quarterback honors in the spring with Connor Mitch. "

Perry Orth is a walk on. Perry Orth threw 20 passes against UK this year when South Carolina played Kentucky.

You don't know anything.

Connor Mitch played the first half, and Orth is not the QB that played this past weekend against Mizzou that looked like hot garbage.

You want to pick out one thing and run with it, suit yourself.

I said USC had a walk on QB play against UK. I did not mention a word about Orth playing against Missouri. In fact, the point is, he played against UK- UK caught that break, yet he rallied the worst team USC has had in years in the 2nd half. This is not rocket science.

You said I was wrong.

I gave you proof. You were wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. Bill the wrong guy.

You are humiliating yourself the least you could do is just say "my bad" though you should probably say "my bad" and then see yourself out and try another thread to be wrong in.

Mitch threw 7 passes. Orth threw 20.

The takeaway from this exchange is you are unfamiliar with the opponents UK is playing, and the personnel the teams have. That's the main point here really. The issue is you think you are in the know, yet you are constantly getting fact checked and proven to be uninformed on the topics.

You are more than doubling down. Boat racing ND over Clemson, bizarre stats about FLA in another thread, and a complete unfamiliarity with who played QB against UK in their biggest road win in years. You're just lost. There has to be an unrwritten limit on how many eggs can explode on a poster's face within a 3-5 day period.

Just stop. This is humiliating.

You are out of your league on these boards. You don't know enough to keep up, and when your ridiculous posts get fact checked, you get worse.

Chow.

Last edited:
I said USC had a walk on QB play against UK. I did not mention a word about Orth playing against Missouri. In fact, the point is, he played against UK- UK caught that break, yet he rallied the worst team USC has had in years in the 2nd half. This is not rocket science.

You said I was wrong.

You are humiliating yourself the least you could do is just say "my bad" though you should probably say "my bad" and then see yourself out and try another thread to be wrong in.

The takeaway from this exchange is you are unfamiliar with the opponents UK is playing, and the personnel the teams have. That's the main point here really. The issue is you think you are in the know, yet you are constantly getting fact checked and proven to be uninformed on the topics.

You are more than doubling down. Boat racing ND over Clemson, bizarre stats about FLA in another thread, and a complete unfamiliarity with who played QB against UK in their ONLY road win in years. You're just lost. There has to be an unrwritten limit on how many eggs can explode on a poster's face within a 3-5 day period.

You are out of your league on these boards. You don't know enough to keep up, and when your ridiculous posts get fact checked, you get worse.

Chow.

FIFY

You said I was wrong.

You are more than doubling down. Boat racing ND over Clemson, bizarre stats about FLA in another thread, and a complete unfamiliarity with who played QB against UK in their biggest road win in years. You're just lost. There has to be an unrwritten limit on how many eggs can explode on a poster's face within a 3-5 day period.

Chow.

Haha, I looked at Florida's stat before posting that, In fact I looked at several of their games and somehow thought I read they passed for 368 and rushed for 80, it was an honest mistake.
Never the less my point remained, UK held them to more than 100 yds less than Ole Miss and UT.

You were insinuating UK caught a break against USC by playing a walk on. When that wasn't the case, the QB that had just beaten UNC started and was shutdown.
As for Clemson, good lord man, it was a prediction, I still think Notre Dame is better than Clemson, I think the weather played a huge part in that game. Notre Dame had 7 turnovers....SEVEN! And missed a 2 point conversion at the end to tie the game. 7

Last edited:
You were insinuating UK caught a break against USC by playing a walk on. When that wasn't the case, the QB that had just beaten UNC started and was shutdown.

Unreal. It actually IS the case.

They did catch a break going against a walk on. It's as if this whole thing is flying over your head.

UK played an SEC team forced to go to a walk on @ QB mid-game due to an injury to the starter. A successful SEC team that is having it's worst season in years, illustrated by the fact that the next man up @ QB was a walk on.

It's amazing that you think he got "benched" for the walk on, as if it was a coach's decision because Mitch was "shut down" LOL. Mitch got hurt, and you don't even know it. You don't even know what's going on in the games you are watching.

You just don't know stuff. It's ok. There's people that know things, and there's people like you that don't.

Odd that the title of this thread mentions the irony of LPT lunacy. That isn't ironic. Indeed, it's quite unremarkable.

Unreal. It actually IS the case.

They did catch a break going against a walk on. It's as if this whole thing is flying over your head.

UK played an SEC team forced to go to a walk on @ QB mid-game due to an injury to the starter. A successful SEC team that is having it's worst season in years, illustrated by the fact that the next man up @ QB was a walk on.

It's amazing that you think he got "benched" for the walk on, as if it was a coach's decision because Mitch was "shut down" LOL. Mitch got hurt, and you don't even know it. You don't even know what's going on in the games you are watching.

You just don't know stuff. It's ok. There's people that know things, and there's people like you that don't.

I didn't say he got benched, I'm not sure how you got that from my post. I said they shut him down, which they did. The back up came out in the second half and lit up the defense, not sure how that's catching a break when the starter wasn't doing anything.
Connor had approx 50 yds passing, Ortho had 180. 24-7 when Connor went out, 26-22 to end the game....doesn't seem like a break to me.

Last edited:
Haha, I looked at Florida's stat before posting that, In fact I looked at several of their games and somehow thought I read they passed for 368 and rushed for 80, it was an honest mistake.
Never the less my point remained, UK held them to more than 100 yds less than Ole Miss and UT.

As for Clemson, good lord man, it was a prediction, I still think Notre Dame is better than Clemson, I think the weather played a huge part in that game. Notre Dame had 7 turnovers....SEVEN! And missed a 2 point conversion at the end to tie the game. 7
Was it not raining on Clemson side of field?

The back up came out in the second half and lit up the defense, not sure how that's catching a break when the starter wasn't doing anything.
Connor had approx 50 yds passing, Ortho had 180. 24-7 when Connor went out, 26-22 to end the game....doesn't seem like a break to me.

It is a break because the opponent is typically Top 25 level yet they've fallen so hard they are turning to a walk-on at the most important position on the field to compete in conference game openers.

The fact that the guy that threw 20 passes against your team in the SEC opener for both teams was a walk-on and you stated "USC did not play a walk-on vs UK at QB" says you don't know anything about the personnel of the teams UK plays. I.E. - You are uninformed in regards to what type of schedule UK has played.

The point is USC is at bottom feeding level this year and will have a losing record, thus making the victory over them exactly what I referenced it initially as being - blah.

Their problems point to a piece of what everyone is talking about that you refuse to even consider - the UK schedule is soft, or most certainly has been to this point.

The fact that you can't put this concept together on your own is rather amazing, but not really.

ADVERTISEMENT