ADVERTISEMENT

THE FOUR YEAR CYCLE of Coach Bobby Petrino

wilkie01

Four-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
Planet Red
Why the title of "THE FOUR YEAR CYCLE"? Well, the Courier Journal has pointed out Coach Bobby Petrino has never coached at any school longer than four years in a row. So 2017 is year four of his second time in the Ville. Given the the current rumor of Jurich and Petrino, going to Tennessee as a package deal and Bobby and Tommy being buddies. And consider Lamar Jackson will probably be gone. Well, it makes you say , there may be some legs on this one.

There is absolutely 0.0% chance that Jurich and Petrino both end up at Tennessee. Regardless of Jurich's involvement he's just been fired amid a massive scandal and Petrino has done very little to make any elite school want to hire him. Especially at places like Florida, Nebraska and Tennessee...

Everything coming out of Tennessee indicates Bobby is way down the list of prospective coaches. And since UT just hired their AD last spring and he is working out I’m guess there are no legs to the story.

Reactions: CardFanBudMan
I think Bobby has really hurt his stock price this year which the last half of last season and this season so far. I don't see UT (or anyone else) paying his $4MM buyout (was $8MM prior to Jurich's firing) and his very high annual salary.

I think Bobby has really hurt his stock price this year which the last half of last season and this season so far. I don't see UT (or anyone else) paying his $4MM buyout (was $8MM prior to Jurich's firing) and his very high annual salary.

Not a chance anyone pays that. He's 32-17 (of those 32 wins only 10 are against teams with winning records) during the last 4 years, 1-9 vs ranked teams, been blown out twice in 3 years in his bowl games and has bad losses to UK, Wake, BC, UVA, Literally his best wins are against a Notre Dame team that lost 5 of their last 7 in 2014 and against Florida State last year. All while having the best player in college football the last 3 years.

Auburn could well be Tom Jurich next spot...their AD announced he is retiring this summer...about the same time the NCAA usually announces infractions.

UT just hired their AD not a year ago.
The UT fan base is enamored of
1) Gruden .....lol.
2) Mullen
3-10) Gruden
Brohms name is getting play, but quietly. Frost is expected to return to Nebraska. Bobby Petrino is mentioned as well, so is under thought for an offer.

It is more likely that Auburn hires Tom, and Rick replaces Bruce Pearl. That is extremely unlikely though. Extremely.

There’s no way Auburn hires another coach that has NCAA issues. Especially when the investigation is on going. As a matter of fact I don’t see anyone hiring Rick until this investigation is completed by the NCAA. Since he’s listed as coach #2. That would be a very negligent move on a University’s part.

I’m not sure that Auburn has an aversion to hiring cheaters, but I could imagine Ricks arrival on the Plains going down about like Sheriff Bart’s arrival in Rock Ridge. Something about urban sophisticates and rednecks...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT