ADVERTISEMENT

That was the Blake Bortles that we saw in 2013

Louisvillian

6000+
Oct 27, 2006
We had UCF down big late at PJCS and he ripped our hearts out.

He has a great supporting cast in Jacksonville but the guy was money today when the game was on the line in a tough environment.

For as bad as he can look at times, he looked like a winner today.

We had UCF down big late at PJCS and he ripped our hearts out.

He has a great supporting cast in Jacksonville but the guy was money today when the game was on the line in a tough environment.

For as bad as he can look at times, he looked like a winner today.
Teddy led us to the lead with about 3:00 to go. We had them in like a 3rd and 13, and they convert. They come down to score and win. Sucked.

Reactions: Louisvillian
My dream is for the Vikes to play the Jags for the Super Bowl. Teddy comes in and carries them to the win, and grabs Bortles and says, that was for 2013. ;)
Unfortunately TB is inactive today and Bradford has been activated. Moving forward if the Vikes win, don’t see that changes.

Unfortunately TB is inactive today and Bradford has been activated. Moving forward if the Vikes win, don’t see that changes.
Both Keenum and Bradford's contracts are up after this year. They aren't going to pay both of them starter money. TB has one year left and then they are going to have to pay to keep him.

Both Keenum and Bradford's contracts are up after this year. They aren't going to pay both of them starter money. TB has one year left and then they are going to have to pay to keep him.
I am referring to Teddy’s chances of playing in the super bowl or NFC championship game, not beyond this year. I agree something has to happen with one or both Bradford and Keenum.

We lost the UCF game when a TE fumbled at the goal line with about 8 minutes to go. That and UCF ran the ball down our throats. Bortles was good that night as well but not Top 3 pick good.

Reactions: Deeva
We lost the UCF game when a TE fumbled at the goal line with about 8 minutes to go. That and UCF ran the ball down our throats. Bortles was good that night as well but not Top 3 pick good.

Yeah, 14-26 yesterday, barely 50%, barely 200 yards, and I think only 3 throws longer than 10 yards. Still not a great QB. However, because of his teammates all he has to do is NOT turn the ball over which is an improvement for him. Hell, Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer won Super Bowls.

Yeah, 14-26 yesterday, barely 50%, barely 200 yards, and I think only 3 throws longer than 10 yards. Still not a great QB. However, because of his teammates all he has to do is NOT turn the ball over which is an improvement for him. Hell, Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer won Super Bowls.

They are the modern day Ravens....

It will be interesting to see what Belichick and Matt Patricia throw at him in terms of coverage.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
I expect they are going to stack the line to slow Fournette to dare Bortles to throw. I then expect the turnovers to return. If they don’t, it will be a close game.

If he throw as well agaInt the Patriots as he did the Steelers...I go one better...they beat New England. As good as the Patriots are they just don’t have the offensive weapons that the Steelers Do...to put it like this, they would need Brandin Cooks to become Antonio Brown and James White to be like Le’Veon Bell.

Jacksonville is one of the few teams that gets pressure on the QB with only rushing 4-(and they lead the NFL in Sacks) and they have two All Pro/Pro Bowl CB with one of them with the size to matchup with Gronk.

Last edited:
Bortles was money in the 2nd half, when it counted. His defense and running game carried him in the 1st half. He carried them home.

That was Tight End Ryan Hubble and he fumbled in the first half reaching for the pylon. That would have put the Cards up 21-0. Instead it was a touchback for UCF.

We still ended up leading 28-7 before blowing the game but had Hubble scored, you can’t help but wonder if we would have closed the door on them.

Reactions: Deeva
No they don’t...they missed the window to exercise that option on Bridgewater Contract...All 3 QB are on the open market after the season

Public Enemy is correct. Vikings waived the option on Teddy’s 5th year. He is an UFA. If I were him, I would test the market. Activating Bradford and de-activating Teddy says all you need to know in regards to their opinion of his value. It may not be so crazy to give Cleveland a look. They have amassed a lot of wealth and talent by being so bad, and will accumulate more this off-season.

Public Enemy is correct. Vikings waived the option on Teddy’s 5th year. He is an UFA. If I were him, I would test the market. Activating Bradford and de-activating Teddy says all you need to know in regards to their opinion of his value. It may not be so crazy to give Cleveland a look. They have amassed a lot of wealth and talent by being so bad, and will accumulate more this off-season.
Teddy is going to have a lot of suitors IMO including places with a winning history. I fully expect both the Patriots and Steelers to have an interest. Both are bare behind TB and Big Ben and they aren't going to have a high draft pick to burn on a 'can't miss' prospect. Besides, neither do business that way.

OTOH he could break the bank in Cleveland, Buffalo or NYC. I think it will depend on Teddy's mindset and how he feels physically.

Teddy is going to have a lot of suitors IMO including places with a winning history. I fully expect both the Patriots and Steelers to have an interest. Both are bare behind TB and Big Ben and they aren't going to have a high draft pick to burn on a 'can't miss' prospect. Besides, neither do business that way.

OTOH he could break the bank in Cleveland, Buffalo or NYC. I think it will depend on Teddy's mindset and how he feels physically.

You are right, and I know the Rooneys think very highly of Teddy. I would LOVE to see him in the Black and Gold reunited with Eli. I’ve also seen (via Walter Football - who may be the most accurate mock-draft in the biz) Lamar Jackson being selected by Pittsburgh. Lamar with Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, Juju, Le’Veon Bell and that OLine is real scary to think about.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card

If the Vikings somehow get to the Super Bowl with Keenum as the QB, that will put them in a tough spot IMO. You can't really get rid of your QB who took you to or won the Super Bowl, yet I don't think they catch lightning in a bottle twice with Case Keenum. Who knows where Teddy and Bradford end up after this season is over.

Also, IMO, Jacksonville is in the same spot with Blake. He's serviceable, but usually over the last 15 years it is the "elite" type QB who gets you to the Super Bowl. This year will really be an anomaly if you have Keenum vs Bortles in the Super Bowl. I have to admit, that sounds pretty refreshing and a break from the typical.

You are right, and I know the Rooneys think very highly of Teddy. I would LOVE to see him in the Black and Gold reunited with Eli. I’ve also seen (via Walter Football - who may be the most accurate mock-draft in the biz) Lamar Jackson being selected by Pittsburgh. Lamar with Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, Juju, Le’Veon Bell and that OLine is real scary to think about.

Good God no. I'll stop watching the NFL. It'll hurt too much.

If the Vikings somehow get to the Super Bowl with Keenum as the QB, that will put them in a tough spot IMO. You can't really get rid of your QB who took you to or won the Super Bowl, yet I don't think they catch lightning in a bottle twice with Case Keenum. Who knows where Teddy and Bradford end up after this season is over.

Also, IMO, Jacksonville is in the same spot with Blake. He's serviceable, but usually over the last 15 years it is the "elite" type QB who gets you to the Super Bowl. This year will really be an anomaly if you have Keenum vs Bortles in the Super Bowl. I have to admit, that sounds pretty refreshing and a break from the typical.
Vikings OC Shurmur is rumored to be the leading candidate for the Giants. He’s also being heard as saying he wants Keenum as his QB. Only problem is what about Eli.

Eli is a free agent and may not be resigned by the Steelers.

That wide pitch to Bell on 4th and short early in the game was an abomination of a play call. They were getting a push north south, and for some reason they ran a pitch play that looked doomed from the beginning.

What year was it we tried the exact same thing? 2009?

Meanwhile you have some Minority Owners of the Steelers that want Tomlin gone....seriously doubt that happens...The Rooney’s are extremely loyal but I have a feeling Tomlin on notice.

Meanwhile you have some Minority Owners of the Steelers that want Tomlin gone....seriously doubt that happens...The Rooney’s are extremely loyal but I have a feeling Tomlin on notice.

I have heard only grumblings from impatient fans or fans who already wanted him gone the moment he was hired. Tomlin is in no way on the hotseat unless he 1) posts a losing season for the first time in his career, or 2) miss the playoffs in back-to-back seasons.

Haley is, in all likelihood, gone. Hopefully Munchak sticks around because he’s a genius with the line, but he appears to be a finalist for the Cardinals job. IMHO, Butler needs to be put under the microscope - his unit was the one who has been responsible for the last two playoff losses. Porter has done jack developing the OLBs.

That wide pitch to Bell on 4th and short early in the game was an abomination of a play call. They were getting a push north south, and for some reason they ran a pitch play that looked doomed from the beginning.
Also the second 4th and short was a pass I/O a sneak or Bell dive into the line.

I have heard only grumblings from impatient fans or fans who already wanted him gone the moment he was hired. Tomlin is in no way on the hotseat unless he 1) posts a losing season for the first time in his career, or 2) miss the playoffs in back-to-back seasons.

Haley is, in all likelihood, gone. Hopefully Munchak sticks around because he’s a genius with the line, but he appears to be a finalist for the Cardinals job. IMHO, Butler needs to be put under the microscope - his unit was the one who has been responsible for the last two playoff losses. Porter has done jack developing the OLBs.

Yinzers are notoriously racist so yes I'm sure many want him gone and have for about 8 years now.

As for Todd Haley, the Yinzers better be careful what they wish for. The only reason "Big Behhn" has lasted this long is because Todd Haley prioritized getting the ball out of Behhhn's hands quickly as to keep him upright and hit less. It's a hypothetical, but that man took a beating prior to Haley's arrival was not trending for a career into his mid-30's at that point. Not to mention that the Stillers have had a TOp 5 offense for 3 of the last 4 years.

Jacksonville, a team with Blake Bortles at QB and a nortiously bland run-first offense, scored 45 points on the Yinzers. Todd Haley is the OC. Maybe Todd Haley isn't the reason that the Stillers lost and they should put down the "bawdles of Arn City" and the "baloney from the Soufside Giant Iggle" and think about things a bit.

For context, Zipp is to the slapd!cks to what I am to the Yinzers

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT