ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks

Yeah. We were a very young team. Interesting to see who gets drafted. Scary situation with Stowers in CF. Hope he is ok.

PS - IMHO, Dan took this team as far as they could go. They were not a CWS or even a super regional team. Not being harsh, just realistic. Go Cards!

Reactions: earsky
Nice season, all in all. Always disappointed to see the season end, but getting that far is about what most expected. I'll take these kind of "down" years anytime.

The Regional format is what it is. Tech did what they had to do. But, I hated the Cards had to play 9 in 100+ degree heat, then an hour later play 9 more against a fresh squad. It would have been a pleasant surprise had they won that game.

On to the summer doldrums. 88 days until kickoff.

Reactions: earsky
Yeah, I hope Josh is OK.

The guys just never could get over the hump and X you make a great point about that heat. Too bad we couldn't handle them Saturday night on even footing.

Last edited:
BTW, there's a video on the team's facebook page that is must see. I wish I knew how to link it.
Coach gives a stirring speech after the loss Sunday night.

Count this alumni in as proud of what this team has accomplished, on and off the field.

Really nice job by the staff and players. Walks and errors really hurt them throughout the year. Hitting was good in spots but they weren't consistently good in key moments.

The rotation next year could be filthy if they can have to limit their walks. They aren't going to blow people away, but they all have the ability it keep hitters uncomfortable. Defense has to be better, Mann made incredibly difficult plays only to blow simple plays. His turns on double plays was shaky at best. Outfield worries me, right field was a disaster.

Offensively, I really like Wyatt, Campbell, Danny O, Fitzgerald, Synder, and Britton all solid with the bat. Mann and Stowers it will be tough to replace their production.

Reactions: nccardfan
we may lose Stowers, wolf and Mann to the draft.
Always wondered if underclassmen drafted can come back. Obviously,Stowers is gone, but what about Wolfie and Mann?

Either way, most will be back.

Yeah but in most games Campbell started in RF, he was almost always pulled in the later innings for Stringer, presumably for defense.
Not necessarily late in the season. That position was up for grabs all year, until Campbell made it his. He made it his,not only because of the stick, but also his improvement in the outfield.

I think we'll see a much more polished defense next season.
Well your defense is usually based on how strong you are up the middle. We currently have a logjam at catcher although having too many is always good. Pinkham is a great defensive catcher but he batted less than .100. He was hurt most of the season so I give him a pass. Britton was considered a better Bat so yes he needs to improve defensively. Mann at 2nd may be gone. He was solid not outstanding as far as defense but had a great bat. Stowers is probably gone as well. He was a corner outfield before Logan Taylor and wasn’t a true CF. His assets were his speed on the bases and finally his bat was really good by the end of the season. I also thought that Wyatt’s defense at 1st was really good. Dan has some work to do but he usually finds a way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT