ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks Vince!!

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
Just got my email that you're renumbering my seats to make them easier to find. Too often this was me inside the stadium...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-6256-1395751024-13.gif

Another idea along these lines is to keep more fans who already know where their seats are. But it's great to see you and your guys hard at work making improvements...

JsF1.gif

Reactions: PHCARD
Damn, some of you guys do major in zipp.

You wanna know what I had for dinner last nite?... :cool:

Uh, nope. We already know TOO much about zipp. :p Hey bud you opened the door. :D:D

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: Kentucky31
Are you serious with this? Vince has done a fantastic job since he was hired as the interim.
"Vince" has done a fantastic job at trying to make people like him. It appears that's worked with you.

When that effort spills over to actual performance, I'll be a little more impressed.

Welcome to the message boards, BTW. You and I are gonna get along just like fine... :)

Reactions: PHCARD
I’m glad the sports administration is doing things to improve the fan experience. For instance, because we attended all b-ball games we get to attend an appreciation event this summer. Tyra realizes that fan engagement is important as the consumer expectations/tastes change, especially when this particular fanbase has had to wade through multiple scandals as well as football coach who couldn’t field an ACC quality coaching staff.

I’m glad the sports administration is doing things to improve the fan experience. For instance, because we attended all b-ball games we get to attend an appreciation event this summer. Tyra realizes that fan engagement is important as the consumer expectations/tastes change, especially when this particular fanbase has had to wade through multiple scandals as well as football coach who couldn’t field an ACC quality coaching staff.
Counterintuitive.

Then, why are fans leaving?

Counterintuitive.

Then, why are fans leaving?

Engaging customers (fans) doesn’t happen overnight. You can lose them quick but it takes longer to get them back. Add in changing consumer dynamics at a macro level on top of scandals at a micro level and it’s a difficult task.

Engaging customers (fans) doesn’t happen overnight. You can lose them quick but it takes longer to get them back. Add in changing consumer dynamics at a macro level on top of scandals at a micro level and it’s a difficult task.
But I thought it was obvious we used to have crooks in charge--who were then replaced by Mother Theresa and John the Baptist. Why would the peasants burn them at the stake?

Your boat don't float.

But I thought it was obvious we used to have crooks in charge--who were then replaced by Mother Theresa and John the Baptist. Why would the peasants burn them at the stake?

Your boat don't float.

This obviously isn’t your wheelhouse. Spare me the silly oversimplifications and exaggerations. You are better than that. It’s all about your agenda. Sad really.

This obviously isn’t your wheelhouse. Spare me the silly oversimplifications and exaggerations. You are better than that. It’s all about your agenda. Sad really.
Yeah, good comeback when you don't have one on point that makes any sense.

The growing problem with regime apologists is that the trend AIN'T your friend. You try to ambiguously make two opposing arguments...
  • We had obvious problems with an old regime that was subsequently replaced by people who were vastly improved.
  • But that "obvious" benefit isn't obvious to the people who write checks to U of L.
I'm no genius, but something tells me things ain't so "obvious". And you and your compadres have no explanation for that...

Yeah, good comeback when you don't have one on point that makes any sense.

The growing problem with regime apologists is that the trend AIN'T your friend. You try to ambiguously make two opposing arguments...
  • We had obvious problems with an old regime that was subsequently replaced by people who were vastly improved.
  • But that "obvious" benefit isn't obvious to the people who write checks to U of L.
I'm no genius, but something tells me things ain't so "obvious". And you and your compadres have no explanation for that...

I stated that Tyra is taking steps to improve fan experience. Those steps are still being implemented. You can take that as a slap in the face to whomever you want but that’s your agenda driven interpretation clouding your thought process. The reality is that almost every college is facing these changing consumer dynamics regardless of who the AD is. It just so happens we also have had our fair share of crumminess to layer on top. I think it’s important that these steps are being made. And the truth is that in a consumer business it takes a lot of work to get a customer back when you lose them.

It's funny that we didn't have any problems with "fan experience" or "student-athlete experience" until the new regime came along. Yet the money kept rolling in.

Now I hear about all of these improvements and solutions to problems I never knew existed--while the money continues to dry up.

Just keep pee-ing on my leg and telling me it's raining. In the end, I'm sure I'll believe it... :p

Reactions: swurv99
Fan experience has been a top priority in the ath dept for years. You couldn’t count the meetings ath staff has had over the yrs regarding all types of fan experience from baseball game programming to fb away attendance to parking. To suggest the new administration is somehow blazing trails is ridiculous. In fact, athletic staffs from across the country have visited games and events in order to learn how to do things for years, especially basketball game programming.

One specific and less talked about problem to require numerous meetings took place years ago regarding how to keep the homeless out of Jim Patterson stadium with no ticketing. During this time some homeless were acting aggressive inside JPS and it was becoming a problem. I don’t know how they treated the problem but the problem went away for the most part.

Analogously, Tyra came in the door talking up improvements to the "student athlete experience." I covered that point--among others--in a letter to him over a year ago. Asked him to explain what he was planning with respect to what was in place and how we were deficient.

He never answered, which tells me it was just rhetoric. He tries to sound like a competent AD who knows what he's doing. Like this seat renumbering song-and-dance, it's an illusion and maybe a distraction from matters of far greater importance such as money and fan support...

Analogously, Tyra came in the door talking up improvements to the "student athlete experience." I covered that point--among others--in a letter to him over a year ago. Asked him to explain what he was planning with respect to what was in place and how we were deficient.

He never answered, which tells me it was just rhetoric. He tries to sound like a competent AD who knows what he's doing. Like this seat renumbering song-and-dance, it's an illusion and maybe a distraction from matters of far greater importance such as money and fan support...

Just spitballing but perhaps he didn’t want to be your pen pal because he knows you aren’t actually sincere in your inquiries.

Fan experience has been a top priority in the ath dept for years. You couldn’t count the meetings ath staff has had over the yrs regarding all types of fan experience from baseball game programming to fb away attendance to parking. To suggest the new administration is somehow blazing trails is ridiculous. In fact, athletic staffs from across the country have visited games and events in order to learn how to do things for years, especially basketball game programming.

One specific and less talked about problem to require numerous meetings took place years ago regarding how to keep the homeless out of Jim Patterson stadium with no ticketing. During this time some homeless were acting aggressive inside JPS and it was becoming a problem. I don’t know how they treated the problem but the problem went away for the most part.

I didn’t suggest that Jurich didn’t have concern for fan experience. And I don’t doubt they had countless meetings. But I’ve seen tangible examples of fan engagement this past year that I’ve never seen before. And I expect we will see this continue further. I think Tyra brings a more consumer-centric mindset. This is important given the changing dynamics of consumers. It’s important that he realizes a lot of consumers (fans) finally said the hell with it after the FBI stuff and after Petrino’s checking out. Again, it’s tough to win back consumers after they bail on you. It’s going to take a lot of thoughtful planning and marketing to win a lot of folks back.

Anyways none of this is not a knock on Jurich. I just think TJ’s top focus was appeasing suite holders and doing what he could to monetize things in between plays. And I love baseball games and going to football road trips but I’m part of a small percentage of fans that enjoy those relative to BBall and home football.

Just spitballing but perhaps he didn’t want to be your pen pal because he knows you aren’t actually sincere in your inquiries.
Why would he call me on the phone?

Fail.
I didn’t suggest that Jurich didn’t have concern for fan experience. And I don’t doubt they had countless meetings. But I’ve seen tangible examples of fan engagement this past year that I’ve never seen before. And I expect we will see this continue further. I think Tyra brings a more consumer-centric mindset. This is important given the changing dynamics of consumers. It’s important that he realizes a lot of consumers (fans) finally said the hell with it after the FBI stuff and after Petrino’s checking out. Again, it’s tough to win back consumers after they bail on you. It’s going to take a lot of thoughtful planning and marketing to win a lot of folks back.

Anyways none of this is not a knock on Jurich. I just think TJ’s top focus was appeasing suite holders and doing what he could to monetize things in between plays. And I love baseball games and going to football road trips but I’m part of a small percentage of fans that enjoy those relative to BBall and home football.
"Vince" is about populism and trying to make people like him, which resonates with millennials and anyone who's easy to influence. Jurich was about money which takes real influence to build.

And until it can be proven that there are two ways to skin this cat, I know which guy to assign more credibility...

Last edited:
“Why would he call me on the phone?”

Ok, perhaps he called you on the phone and then realized that you were insincere in your inquiries and then decided to not be your pen pal. This might say more about how you acted on the phone than anything. Can you provide a transcript?

“Why would he call me on the phone?”

Ok, perhaps he called you on the phone and then realized that you were insincere in your inquiries and then decided to not be your pen pal. This might say more about how you acted on the phone than anything. Can you provide a transcript?
You mean you want to hear his voice message? Did I say we had a phone discussion?

If he's a professional running a professional operation, he or someone he delegates answers communications that are sent his way. You're making excuses for him again...

You mean you want to hear his voice message? Did I say we had a phone discussion?

If he's a professional running a professional operation, he or someone he delegates answers communications that are sent his way. You're making excuses for him again...

Oftentimes when one calls another on a phone, they have a phone discussion.

Yes, I am making excuses but it’s also relevant that you have made no bones that you are anti-Tyra. So what’s the difference what he or some subordinate tells you. You could care less what the substance is of their plans. It’s not worth their time.

Reactions: Sultan__of__Swine
Oftentimes when one calls another on a phone, they have a phone discussion.

Yes, I am making excuses but it’s also relevant that you have made no bones that you are anti-Tyra. So what’s the difference what he or some subordinate tells you. You could care less what the substance is of their plans. It’s not worth their time.
Are you telling "Vince" whom he should respond to? How would he know whether I had honest intentions or not? And how do you know that I didn't at the time we communicated?

You don't know anything except how to make excuses. And you're really good at that...

Are you telling "Vince" whom he should respond to? How would he know whether I had honest intentions or not? And how do you know that I didn't at the time we communicated?

You don't know anything except how to make excuses. And you're really good at that...

I don’t recall you ever giving Tyra or Mack a fair shake so I’m doubtful you’ve ever had honest intentions. Through snide comments and silly memes, you’ve made your stance pretty clear.

I don’t recall you ever giving Tyra or Mack a fair shake so I’m doubtful you’ve ever had honest intentions. Through snide comments and silly memes, you’ve made your stance pretty clear.
Thanks for verifying you don't know what you're talking about unless you're making excuses for "Vince". You're an expert at that...

Thanks for verifying you don't know what you're talking about unless you're making excuses for "Vince". You're an expert at that...

So you think you’ve given them a fair shake and that you haven’t resorted to silly memes and snide comments to reinforce your preconceived notions? Interesting.

So you think you’ve given them a fair shake and that you haven’t resorted to silly memes and snide comments to reinforce your preconceived notions? Interesting.
And you're good at TRYING to change a narrative. This thread is about "Vince", his various shortcomings, and the latest example(s).

Start one about me if you'd like since you appear to have that fixation...

And you're good at TRYING to change a narrative. This thread is about "Vince", his various shortcomings, and the latest example(s).

Start one about me if you'd like since you appear to have that fixation...

You are the one who was upset he didn’t want to be pen pal. Perhaps you should’ve kept that to yourself.

You are the one who was upset he didn’t want to be pen pal. Perhaps you should’ve kept that to yourself.
I couldn't care less since he did exactly as I expected. He doesn't have answers to any tough questions, just apologists like you running defense for him...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT