ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee will pursue Brohm...

His stock is going up. Of course Gruden is the overwhelming choice but that has as much chance as them beating Bama...

Reactions: wilkie01
What does that mean? Tennessee pursued other coaches before they hired Butch Jones too...

What does that mean? Tennessee pursued other coaches before they hired Butch Jones too...
It means that it won't be a choice between UofL and UT for Brohm like it was for Charlie. If UT does not offer Bobby, then we will have our coach and nothing will stop Jeff from going to a top 10 program with a truck load of cash.

Charlie had Teddy last time here and saw he had leverage to get to a better program like Texas.

It means that it won't be a choice between UofL and UT for Brohm like it was for Charlie. If UT does not offer Bobby, then we will have our coach and nothing will stop Jeff from going to a top 10 program with a truck load of cash.

Charlie had Teddy last time here and saw he had leverage to get to a better program like Texas.

LoL

Ummmm no.

Jeff is from here
went to school here.
Brothers, father, Grandfather all played for UofL.

So whether he goes to TN, Neb, Bama or stays at Purdue, one day he will be
head coach at the University of Louisville. Bet on it.

Charlie was already at U of L when he turned down UT. UT was turned down by other coaches before they hired Jones. There's no guarantee Brohm would take UT if offered or that he wouldn't leave UT for U of L if we later offered.

All of these situations have different variables. You can't necessarily compare them like the OP is trying to do...

Reactions: American Male
Charlie was already at U of L when he turned down UT. UT was turned down by other coaches before they hired Jones. There's no guarantee Brohm would take UT if offered or that he wouldn't leave UT for U of L if we later offered.

All of these situations have different variables. You can't necessarily compare them like the OP is trying to do...
I grew up just south of Clarksville during the Fulmer years. I can tell you that if he gets it rocking in Knoxville, there isn't a better situation. The Titans have changed the dynamic in the state for sure, but UT is still worshiped like no other. (Worst/most delusional fan base in the world btw).

In 2012, the UT roster was a dumpster fire. Butch Jones himself has brought in talent and any coach should be salivating at the opportunity to come in and coach that roster. Butch will leave a full pantry of 4 and 5 star players and the facilities their are insane. Butch rebuilt their program, he just is not very smart and cannot gameplan worth a damn.

Jeff would dominate the East year in and out with the talent. Also, from his time in Bowling Green he is very familiar with that area. But I don't think it matters because Bobby is staying here and Tennessee has a legit shot at Chip Kelly I truly believe.

Reactions: IzzyGouldLiar
That is a really risky move for Tennessee in terms of their fans/booster perception. The fanbase never liked the Butch Jones hire. It is hard enough to win today, but if you don't have full support it is really tough to survive tough years in the SEC. Ask Charlie Strong how it feels to coach at a place when you weren't their top pick and a booster openly didn't want you. Neither coach did anything to keep their job, but they weren't fully supported either, I think the TN fan perspective is Chip Kelly or bust.

The only way I would take that job is if I were their number 1 priority. Stay at Purdue build a winner and then become someone's priority.

I like Brohm a whole, whole lot. Went to many WKU games when he coached there, and those Toppers were fun to watch. And, he's turning Purdue around. I just don't see yet how or why he's some hot commodity. He needs to show a lot more, IMO. Purdue is the perfect setting for him to do that, too. Give him another season or two, then re-evaluate.

LoL

Ummmm no.

Jeff is from here
went to school here.
Brothers, father, Grandfather all played for UofL.

So whether he goes to TN, Neb, Bama or stays at Purdue, one day he will be
head coach at the University of Louisville. Bet on it.

You nailed it 100%!

Purdue is a great situation for Brohm. He can build with low expectations and he's close to Louisville where he wants to be close to family. Wouldn't be wise to jump into the frying pan at UT. Purdue gets the B!G mega TV money so they can pay him also.

Reactions: earsky
But I don't think it matters because Bobby is staying here and Tennessee has a legit shot at Chip Kelly I truly believe.

Agree. LOL at people who think Bobby should be farred. I mean, LOL. And at this point in time Bobby's stock isn't high enough for someone to poach him at his current salary.

Bobby is the HC and he's responsible for the defense and the apparent (so far) horrible hire in Peter Sirmon. The guy just seems in over his head and Bobby is responsible for that. It happens. Doesn't mean Bobby is suddenly a horrible HC. If the defense stays this bad, we're looking at a 6-6 or 7-5 type season, and at that point I'd look for Bobby to cut off the Peter and hire a different and hopefully better DC.

U of L has nowhere near the tradition and facilities UT has...my guess is Brohm would jump at the chance...and he would be maybe 4 hours from Louisville if he is in Knoxville.

Read Kerry's 1st post again.It's got more to do with the Red and Black.Does that mean he doesn't take an opportunity in the SEC? No,but there is a belief amongst many that it's here he wants to be,despite our "nowhere near" tradition and facilities than UT.

Thanks for coming over and letting us know how much you like your program OP. We were all sitting around wondering the pulse of Tenn fan.

Reactions: 65bird
I don’t think Brohm is going to ut but should he - and should he do well, I think it’s beyond wishful thinking to suggest that he would leave there to come back to UofL.

Reportedly, Chuck Strong told Jeff he was blown away...
What facilities could they have but that rickety monstrosity of a Stadium? Even with their much larger capacity our stadium is nicer. Maybe CCS was blown away by the fans being in their seats at KO, or the way the “take over” just like LPT fans! Anyway CCS was at Florida surely they match up facilities-wise.

I've been to Neyland one time when we played down there (and Fulmer ran a fake punt for a TD in the 4th quarter of a decided game just so TN could cover the spread. Total Bush league turd).

It was a 100k stadium with facilities for about 30K. Not nearly enough bathrooms. Narrow ass concourses trying to get all those people in/out.

If it hasn't changed...it's still a dump.

If it has, congrats on your 75 yr old stadium. :confused:

Reactions: Sioux Falls Eric
I grew up just south of Clarksville during the Fulmer years. I can tell you that if he gets it rocking in Knoxville, there isn't a better situation. The Titans have changed the dynamic in the state for sure, but UT is still worshiped like no other. (Worst/most delusional fan base in the world btw).

In 2012, the UT roster was a dumpster fire. Butch Jones himself has brought in talent and any coach should be salivating at the opportunity to come in and coach that roster. Butch will leave a full pantry of 4 and 5 star players and the facilities their are insane. Butch rebuilt their program, he just is not very smart and cannot gameplan worth a damn.

Jeff would dominate the East year in and out with the talent. Also, from his time in Bowling Green he is very familiar with that area. But I don't think it matters because Bobby is staying here and Tennessee has a legit shot at Chip Kelly I truly believe.
You're forgetting about that little program down in Athens that is a growing monster under Kirby. LOADS of talent in Georgia.

Just being honest, it's hard to see Brohm dumping Purdue so quick. He is paid well, there is little pressure,and he has time to hone his head coaching skills.
Louisville as of today would be a lateral move, but there is likely something sticking in his craw from his last stint.
Tennessee.....well...it's like this: Jones lost his qb, his best defensive lineman, his running backs, his best linebacker to injury and his best wide receiver to injury.
If he finishes at 7 wins, he might keep his job but the fire department will need to watch his house.
Tennessee wants to win. TODAY.
Not the best seat in the house right now.

What facilities could they have but that rickety monstrosity of a Stadium? Even with their much larger capacity our stadium is nicer. Maybe CCS was blown away by the fans being in their seats at KO, or the way the “take over” just like LPT fans! Anyway CCS was at Florida surely they match up facilities-wise.
No they don’t. UT has much better than Florida or U of L.

Just being honest, it's hard to see Brohm dumping Purdue so quick. He is paid well, there is little pressure,and he has time to hone his head coaching skills.
Louisville as of today would be a lateral move, but there is likely something sticking in his craw from his last stint.
Tennessee.....well...it's like this: Jones lost his qb, his best defensive lineman, his running backs, his best linebacker to injury and his best wide receiver to injury.
If he finishes at 7 wins, he might keep his job but the fire department will need to watch his house.
Tennessee wants to win. TODAY.
Not the best seat in the house right now.
You’ve blown any credibility with your “lateral move” comment. That’s ridiculous.

Purdue and the yuts? That’s lateral.

CBS wants Tennessee to be on top again...so does ESPN...so does the SEC...it means $$$$$$. Brohm will love the facilities and a lot of offensive weapons. Facilities are top 5...statewide support and adulation if you win. You think he gets that at Purdue? Will he get that at Louisville? Just asking. Louisville loves it's basketball...football is 2nd in the hearts and minds of Louisvillians...I know...I lived up there.

CBS wants Tennessee to be on top again...so does ESPN...so does the SEC...it means $$$$$$. Brohm will love the facilities and a lot of offensive weapons. Facilities are top 5...statewide support and adulation if you win. You think he gets that at Purdue? Will he get that at Louisville? Just asking. Louisville loves it's basketball...football is 2nd in the hearts and minds of Louisvillians...I know...I lived up there.

Seriously, stop giving yourself fellatio here. Nobody gives a crap if Tenn wins or loses except for people like you.

...Louisville loves it's basketball...football is 2nd in the hearts and minds of Louisvillians...I know...I lived up there.
So, THAT's why they're expanding the stadium while giving away basketball tix. I must've had that ish backwards.

And I should have asked an expert who "used to live here". Wonderful...

As another poster pointed out - GTFO.

Purdue has it's best team in years, Louisville has it's worst team in years - and Louisville beat them on a neutral field.

Lateral move. Use google and check out the programs accomplishments over the last couple of decades pal.

Best team in years? That's not saying much due to how bad we've been. We have no depth and you have the reigning Heisman winner. Weren't you favored by like 20?

I think when you look at history, Louisville would be a lateral move from Purdue. If you take out the last several years at Purdue which were an anomaly, I think it bodes well in Purdue's favor. The combination of conference (B1G, academics, and ability to win in the West Division) are reasons why he would stay at Purdue over jumping to UL.

With Purdue being in a power 5 conference, I don’t see him jumping ship so early unless he considers UT as a dream destination. I don’t see that. And CBP is a prime example of a coach that uses schools as a stepping stone. I’m hoping Jeff is not like that. The move from WKU to Purdue made sense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT