ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee fires Pruitt

The problem with Tennessee is that they think they are what they were. They are like Nebraska in that way. I think they are a little late in firing Pruitt, which leads me to believe they took time to line up a replacement before cutting him loose. They will go through the charade of interviewing candidates before hiring the guy they wanted all along. I wonder if Peyton Manning was consulted? I wonder if he’s a candidate? Do they go with an NFL guy? What’s Jeff Fisher doing these days?

Reactions: gocds
I was listening to Knoxville radio and they brought up Satterfield

And the quote was
“He’s already burned the bridges there anyways with the SC interview, if we offered he’d run down here to coach. What was it he’d said abou Louisville, the best thing is the airport”

Although regionally and culturally, it would probably be the best fit for Scott at a bigger program, they really aren’t even naming him and I doubt they’d offer.

The problem with Tennessee is that they think they are what they were. They are like Nebraska in that way. I think they are a little late in firing Pruitt, which leads me to believe they took time to line up a replacement before cutting him loose. They will go through the charade of interviewing candidates before hiring the guy they wanted all along. I wonder if Peyton Manning was consulted? I wonder if he’s a candidate? Do they go with an NFL guy? What’s Jeff Fisher doing these days?
I saw something about Fisher and UT yesterday. That doesn't make sense for a variety of reasons. But, UT power brokers appear to be stupid, so who knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: PHCARD
And the quote was
“What was it he’d said abou Louisville, the best thing is the airport”

Did Satterfield really say this? Is this confirmed or rumor? LOL if he did. And F-him if he did, too. 😆 Hope he wins at Louisville and builds the program for the next few years and goes on to whatever place that makes him happy with an equally-nice airport. Then, on to the next guy. I'm done with putting these coaches on some kind of pedestal. We look like the idiot who thinks "the stripper really likes me."

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Did Satterfield really say this? Is this confirmed or rumor? LOL if he did. And F-him if he did, too. 😆 Hope he wins at Louisville and builds the program for the next few years and goes on to whatever place that makes him happy with an equally-nice airport. Then, on to the next guy. I'm done with putting these coaches on some kind of pedestal. We look like the idiot who thinks "the stripper really likes me."
I think he did say it, but I think it was in response to a question about being away from his home. He brought up about being close to the airport and being able to go home whenever.

It is true that we have access to a bigger airport that other college towns don’t have.

I think he did say it, but I think it was in response to a question about being away from his home. He brought up about being close to the airport and being able to go home whenever.

It is true that we have access to a bigger airport that other college towns don’t have.

OK then - the quote was taken out of context in the post. What you are saying makes sense. I took the comment as literally "the best thing about Louisville is the airport."

Perhaps the airport IS the problem in Knoxville. It’s a piece of crap in comparison to Muhammad Ali Louisville International Airport. The folks in Knoxville should be talking to Tom Herman.

GO CARDS!!!

Wow. Why did they change the name of Standiford Field? There’s already a Muhammad Ali Blvd. I really don’t like stripping an honor from someone that was bestowed by people who knew him/her and was familiar with his/her contribution because somebody else comes along. The guy has a street. If you need to put his name on something else, make it something new, or on something nondescript.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
OK then - the quote was taken out of context in the post. What you are saying makes sense. I took the comment as literally "the best thing about Louisville is the airport."
I think it was there way to take a cheap shot at us on to deflect their own misery.

As bad as our situation was 2017-18, we came out pretty good considering the circumstances. Tennessee? Their athletic department is in shambles.

Maybe their football team might beat ours, but the difference it they get top 10 recruiting classes and have so many more resources. They’re a dumpster fire.

Basketball they’re over achieving with Barnes, that’s about it. Their women’s program is now far below our. Let’s not forget out baseball, soccer, and many other programs.

We were in an old minor league baseball stadium 25 years ago while they were riding high with Peyton Manning. Now? We have state of the art facilities and have had 2 BCS wins and a Heisman.

from dan patrick, video below, he says TN assistants were blatantly handing out money in mcdonalds bags to recruits. says GA also gettings sloppy but no investigation yet. threw Jason Witten out as a long shot name for coach

Wow. Why did they change the name of Standiford Field? There’s already a Muhammad Ali Blvd. I really don’t like stripping an honor from someone that was bestowed by people who knew him/her and was familiar with his/her contribution because somebody else comes along. The guy has a street. If you need to put his name on something else, make it something new, or on something nondescript.
The airport hasn't been known as Standiford Field since the mid-90's. Its name changed to Louisville International Airport then. In January of 2019, it was changed to Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport. It's airport code is still SDF.

The airport hasn't been known as Standiford Field since the mid-90's. Its name changed to Louisville International Airport then. In January of 2019, it was changed to Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport. It's airport code is still SDF.
“International”. Ha Ha Ha

Tennessee made their best move accepting Fulmers retirement. They have something like 19 players in the transfer portal. The only game they will be favored next year is Kentucky.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT