ADVERTISEMENT

Take a moment of Silence for Reverend Billy Graham

Watched the guy when I was a kid on TV (in the 60's) with my surrogate parents as they tried to show me the way to God. I always remember at the end of the show when Dr. Graham invited people up for spiritual guidance as they sang "Just As I Am". As a kid, that was always my favorite part. Liked to hear him preach as well. He was influential in my life, that's for sure. RIP Mr. Graham.

Same here. My Pops and Grandpa were alcoholics, went to one of his local crusades, were converted and stopped drinking cold turkey. Then I had a terrific childhood as result. Only Televangelist whose organization made his income and their receiving/dispersing public through the IRS. Rest of them were snake oil salesmen

An earlier poster in this thread mentioned Muslims. I don't know how many people know this but Muhammad Ali and Billy Graham were really good friends. So, through two great men's deaths, they were able to overcome Islamaphobia and Christophobia.

As a Catholic I didn’t listen to Billy Graham much but the few times I did I always thought he was very inspirational with a good message. On a side note there is a big difference between Ali and his belief in Islam and the Islam we see today.

Reactions: American Male
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT