ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse looks familiar

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
After that shocking, apathetic performance by the Cards in game one, I just couldn't believe we made Syracuse look like a top 20 team. I mean this is the perennial losing Orange with the bad head coach who's about to get fired.

But three weeks later that Syracuse team is reminding me a lot of the Charlie Strong Cards teams. Tonight they look like the much superior team against Virginia. They don't look like a team that has been awful for so long.

Is Babers now suddenly a great coach or is it because he has a group of talented players? A offense that appears to know what it does best and does it. A defense that pressures the QB. You can just see the confidence in their play.

Someone still will punch them in the mouth and how they respond will determine if this impressive start is legit. But I have to admit, if we hadn't played them yet and were scheduled to play them next week, I wouldn't be shocked if they kicked our asses again.

NC State will crush Syracuse
Maybe. I thought Louisville would crush Syracuse and that didn't happen. I thought the same with Purdue and Virginia. We will be 5-0 facing NC State. We will be at home with hopefully a large crowd. They have a very good Quarterback, but with the exception of UCONN, we have already faced three of the best quarterbacks in the country. I think we will be just fine. Here is for hope anyways. You guys keep on winning!

Reactions: Rollem Cards
I agree. I don't think NC State is anywhere near as good as people seem to believe. They may beat Syracuse but it will be a close game.

Reactions: Mayoman
Syracuse is very talented with their first string players, but they are not a deep team. I expect them to struggle when they get past this next game against Wagner. They might only get one or two wins the rest of the year.

Still, they’ve done as good as you can ask to start this season. Impressive start!

Syracuse is very talented with their first string players, but they are not a deep team. I expect them to struggle when they get past this next game against Wagner. They might only get one or two wins the rest of the year.

Still, they’ve done as good as you can ask to start this season. Impressive start!
I have to say I disagree with this. I foresee at least 8 wins although I do agree depth is a issue. I think every ACC team, including Clemson are capable of impressive wins and dumbfounding losses.

So far, Syracuse has looked better through 4 games than any ACC team. IMO of course.

There are a number of story-lines associated with Syracuse, but one huge explanation is the MSU transfer in Schrader at QB. There is absolutely nothing in Schrader’s previous performance before arriving at Syracuse that explains what he has accomplished so far. Just compare his efficiency numbers for an understanding as to why the Orange are so much improved. Tucker has been largely shutdown as a RB, but his ability in the open field as a slot and wide receiver against us was a stroke of genius ….. they just wanted him in open field.

ADVERTISEMENT