ADVERTISEMENT

Summer League NBA coach on Coach Mack

REDFISTFURY3

4500+
Mar 21, 2015
Watching the Pelicans(Bluiett Xavier player) vs Det NBA Head coach Alvin Gentry stated that coach Mack does a great job of preparing players for the next level . and that he is very good coach gave alot of praise to coach Mack. Straight from a NBA coach who knows what the hell he's talking about!

Watching the Pelicans(Bluiett Xavier player) vs Det NBA Head coach Alvin Gentry stated that coach Mack does a great job of preparing players for the next level . and that he is very good coach gave alot of praise to coach Mack. Straight from a NBA coach who knows what the hell he's talking about!
You guys are so gullible.. go ask those same guys what they think about Calimari and then I’ll tell you how valuable their opinions are...

You guys are so gullible.. go ask those same guys what they think about Calimari and then I’ll tell you how valuable their opinions are...
Funny i've never heard any NBA coach praise Calamaris coaching skills they know he gets the best of the best ready made guys. Compared to player development type coaches like Mack whom never get those type but has players in the NBA. And those coaches understand they were developed plain and simple. Just odd how us gullible Mack fans along with professional and college coaches , commentators are all stupid for thinking Mack is a good coach. But some great coaching evaluators / posters on this board say otherwise. However everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: CardFanBudMan
Funny i've never heard any NBA coach praise Calamaris coaching skills they know he gets the best of the best ready made guys. Compared to player development type coaches like Mack whom never get those type but has players in the NBA. And those coaches understand they were developed plain and simple. Just odd how us gullible Mack fans along with professional and college coaches , commentators are all stupid for thinking Mack is a good coach. But some great coaching evaluators / posters on this board say otherwise. However everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Funny that you just don’t get it. The point is that no scout or NBA summer league coach is going to say anything negative... and you should do your homework. Research and find out out how many Xavier players are in the NBA? Jordan Crawford left after 1 year of Mack so I doubt it was Mack who got him there. He was already headed there. Holloway went undrafted and is now playing overseas. Three players from last year’s team went undrafted although have signed with teams. It will be tough for them and likely will spend a lot of time in D league. That leaves Sumner, who by the way is one of the named players in the FBI investigation. So where is all of this NBA background?

PS - I also forgot to mention Christon who is now playing overseas was also an Andy Miller client...

Last edited:
Lets consider the source. Alvin Gentry was Associate Head Coach in 2015 when the Golden State Warriors won the NBA finals. That is his one and only NBA title and he wasn't the "Head Coach".

He has a winning percentage in the NBA of 47% as a NBA head coach.

Not all that impressed with his results as a head coach but I do HOPE he is right about coach Mack.

Funny that you just don’t get it. The point is that no scout or NBA summer league coach is going to say anything negative... and you should do your homework. Research and find out out how many Xavier players are in the NBA? Jordan Crawford left after 1 year of Mack so I doubt it was Mack who got him there. He was already headed there. Holloway went undrafted and is now playing overseas. Three players from last year’s team went undrafted although have signed with teams. It will be tough for them and likely will spend a lot of time in D league. That leaves Sumner, who by the way is one of the named players in the FBI investigation. So where is all of this NBA background?
Wrong

In truth, I couldn't care less whether my COLLEGE head coach prepares players well for the NBA.

If the bystander thinks Mack's a helluva COLLEGE coach, I might wanna hear why...

Love reading the lengths some of these posters are going so they don’t have to acknowledge that the AD made a good hire.
Always interesting when slappies support people and events at U of L.

Kinda like I support Stupes getting a lifetime contract...

MarkStoops_zpsd597409e.jpg
Impeccable%20Standards_zpszp4kdswz.jpg

Always interesting when slappies support people and events at U of L.

Kinda like I support Stupes getting a lifetime contract...

MarkStoops_zpsd597409e.jpg
Impeccable%20Standards_zpszp4kdswz.jpg
Lmao you are too predictable these days zipp.

I don’t support anything UL but I don’t hate you guys which allows me to see things for what they are. Mack could end up being a shit hire just like anyone could. That doesn’t make it a bad hire. He was the obvious choice IF a hire was going to be made.

University of Louisville not the University of Tim Jurich. Accept it and move on without trying to split the base

Lmao you are too predictable these days zipp.

I don’t support anything UL but I don’t hate you guys which allows me to see things for what they are. Mack could end up being a shit hire just like anyone could. That doesn’t make it a bad hire. He was the obvious choice IF a hire was going to be made.

University of Louisville not the University of Tim Jurich. Accept it and move on without trying to split the base
Keep on showing your ignorance, as far as I know, Tom didn’t have a brother named Tim. We don’t care what you think or support.

So what team are you going to root for this year since we have a terrible coach ?
I don’t root for coaches themselves, I root for the players and the university they represent...

That’s nice that you root for the players and the university, as you should. But players (Most) go to a university based on the HC, so those statements are good news.

Slappies giving advice to and for U of L is always one of those cherished moments...

That’s nice that you root for the players and the university, as you should. But players (Most) go to a university based on the HC, so those statements are good news.
You forget the commercial about how many college athletes go pro. You go to college for the education because you will always have that. There are no guarantees that the coach will be there. For instance if I decided to go to WKU because of Jeff Brohm, I’m screwed unless I want to transfer and sit out a year. Just like you don’t pick a college because your girlfriend is there. She might not always be your girl.

You forget the commercial about how many college athletes go pro. You go to college for the education because you will always have that. There are no guarantees that the coach will be there. For instance if I decided to go to WKU because of Jeff Brohm, I’m screwed unless I want to transfer and sit out a year. Just like you don’t pick a college because your girlfriend is there. She might not always be your girl.

For you and me that’s a rational agreement/goal and I agree, but many or most of the top athletes make the decision based on who the coach is and who can get them to the NBA, NFL, and MLB. That’s a fact. When your talking millions of dollars you can always go back to school and that’s how they think right or wrong. If it wasn’t there would be no one and fines or athlete leaving school early.

For you and me that’s a rational agreement/goal and I agree, but many or most of the top athletes make the decision based on who the coach is and who can get them to the NBA, NFL, and MLB. That’s a fact. When your talking millions of dollars you can always go back to school and that’s how they think right or wrong. If it wasn’t there would be no one and fines or athlete leaving school early.
Well then, so your reasoning is you want Coach Mack to be like Calimari...Getting athletes to the NBA.

Well then, so your reasoning is you want Coach Mack to be like Calimari...Getting athletes to the NBA.

What part of I agree with you did you miss. I was just stating facts. I want our athletes to succeed in whatever they want if that means going on to professional sports. But I do not like one and dones nor do I want that philosophy used here. But I want a coach that wins and prepares them for the next level, but with a degree in hand. Don’t you think that’s what Rick was doing or Jeff Walz?

What part of I agree with you did you miss. I was just stating facts. I want our athletes to succeed in whatever they want if that means going on to professional sports. But I do not like one and dones nor do I want that philosophy used here. But I want a coach that wins and prepares them for the next level, but with a degree in hand. Don’t you think that’s what Rick was doing or Jeff Walz?
I think the number one goal is winning a NC (because that’s what they are paid to do) and secondly, develop young men into the best person they can be, whether it’s as a teacher, coach, professional ballplayer or whatever. Actually make a positive impact on their life in whatever profession they choose. The #1 goal should not be to get guys to the next level. I think CRP is probably more proud of how many guys have gone into the coaching ranks. You are born with talent to play a game; you have to learn how to become a good coach.

I think the number one goal is winning a NC (because that’s what they are paid to do) and secondly, develop young men into the best person they can be, whether it’s as a teacher, coach, professional ballplayer or whatever. Actually make a positive impact on their life in whatever profession they choose. The #1 goal should not be to get guys to the next level. I think CRP is probably more proud of how many guys have gone into the coaching ranks. You are born with talent to play a game; you have to learn how to become a good coach.

I would contend if you’re coaching correctly it’s one in the same. And I’m not saying the number one goal is to get the players to the next level, but even Rick council his players on when to go, plus I’m sure his time coaching in the NBA helped with recruiting, I’m also sure Rick is proud of his coaching tree, but once again that’s what we and Rick think not the players. And I’m sure most coaches want to turn boys into men. But once again that’s the coaches perspective not the players. This isn’t about what we think or what’s right it’s about what players think and many want to play professionally. It’s no different than you or me picking a university based on the academics we’re interested in. They simply pick a school based on the coach and the University that gives them the greatest visibility and has successful program.

Didn't you opine that our new AD made a good hire? Or did I misread that?...
IMO of course but it’s not like I’m in the minority. Almost everyone agrees universally that it was a good hire. The rest is on Mack. This AD has taken over an athletics program with its men’s basketball on probation. You’re acting like Jurich left it spotless for him

Reactions: HRTheCard
IMO of course but it’s not like I’m in the minority. Almost everyone agrees universally that it was a good hire. The rest is on Mack. This AD has taken over an athletics program with its men’s basketball on probation. You’re acting like Jurich left it spotless for him
And you're a slappy whose opinion re. U of L matters this much...

austin_powers_goldmember.jpg

And you're a slappy whose opinion re. U of L matters this much...

austin_powers_goldmember.jpg
Your own UK brethren who feel the same get the same reaction from you. Every Louisville person I know is thrilled with Mack as their coach and expect him to have the program back to the top soon

I have no "slappy brethren" whatever the hell that's worth. And when slappies agree on anything U of L, I lean in the opposite direction. Experience is my guide...

I have no "slappy brethren" whatever the hell that's worth. And when slappies agree on anything U of L, I lean in the opposite direction. Experience is my guide...
Autocorrected it to UK instead of UL in my last post.

Majority of your fan base is happy with the hire

Autocorrected it to UK instead of UL in my last post.

Majority of your fan base is happy with the hire
I don't talk to many people who are "happy" about anything with U of L at the moment. And I sure ain't looking to a slappy for perspective...

Last edited:
In truth, I couldn't care less whether my COLLEGE head coach prepares players well for the NBA.

If the bystander thinks Mack's a helluva COLLEGE coach, I might wanna hear why...

UofL has been a #1 seed twice in it's history. Mack got Xavier a #1 seed this year. I know they flamed but Xavier isn't exactly UofL either. Still a good regular season. March has upsets. Arguably the most successful coach in Xavier's history. I really think he will out coach Pitino and definitely out recruit him. Pitino never took advantage of the recruiting advantage the Yum should be. My take atleast....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT