ADVERTISEMENT

Success for Cards in FGCL Softball

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
Two UofL softball student-athletes -- Jordyn Wolfe and Paige Schindler are playing in the Florida Gulf Coast Softball Summer League. They both play for the Manatee Squeeze squad. Manatee is 3-1 in the early season and won last night in a pitchers' duel 1-0 against the Bradenton Lynx.

The Manatee are in second place in the standings. The teams play five nights a week, taking Wednesday and Sunday off.

Wolfe, a Cardinal outfielder, had the only RBI in the contest, driving home the winning run in the bottom of the fifth inning a with a double. She's a junior out of South Elgin, IL and batted .324 for the Cards in the shortened 2020 season.

Schindler, a junior right-handed pitcher, is out of Borden, IN and is second in the FGCL in the first-pitch strike stats. She has a twin sister, Riley, who also plays for the Cards.

--sonja--

Reactions: mwatson61
That’s a lot of ball how long will their season last?

25 game schedule (last I heard), then playoffs. They're also considering an "all-star" game halfway through the schedule.

Paulie is working on getting a phone interview with Wolfe and Schindler. He'll share it with me if he knows what is good for him...
I'll pass it on here.

--sonja--

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT