ADVERTISEMENT

Strengths/Weaknesses

Ipartiedwithhopgood

Five-Star Poster
Jan 20, 2011
Tough to pull the crystal ball but if you had to guess, what are the strengths and weaknesses you see with next year's team?

Tough to pull the crystal ball but if you had to guess, what are the strengths and weaknesses you see with next year's team?

I think there will be games where we are physically overmatched. Admittedly I don’t know how Enoch helps fix that issue.

I think we will play hard and will have good offensive flow. And will do much better out of timeouts and in end of half/game situations.

I think there will be games where we are physically overmatched. Admittedly I don’t know how Enoch helps fix that issue.

I think we will play hard and will have good offensive flow. And will do much better out of timeouts and in end of half/game situations.
Is that you, Captain Obvious...?

I am the ultimate homer so I feel pretty good about the upcoming season. The Rick Pitino era is over, and the Chris Mack era begins. The recent past is littered with scandal after scandal, and the future looks better because the persons responsible for those scandals are gone. Wish Jurich was still around, but glad about the coaching changes with the men's basketball program.

Strength - Good jump shooters everywhere.
Weakness - depth.

I agree depth, especially quality depth, will probably be a problem in some games. I'm hoping bb IQ goes up as well.

I really want to see if Enoch can be that inside banger that the team missed last year. Sometimes you just need a strong big body inside due to match ups.

I'm hoping outside shooting will be good enough as well but I really want to see improved defense.

I'm sure the product will look like a team much more in sync than last season due to coaching experience . However i really can't say positive or negative what is a strength or weakness. Due to the fact coach Mack is going into a fight with players he is stuck with ! Can't wait till he is able to bring in a full class of players he truly wanted.

Question... let’s say 4 yrs have gone by and Mack hasn’t won the ACC regular season or tourney (which I think he will at least once) and exits in the NCAA tourney between the elite 8 and round of 32. Does he get the boot or more time to set the foundation and improve the program?

Four years better bring something good for Mack. Come hell or high water, however, one thing we know is that Pitino Lite will only be one title ahead of him...

Decade20of20LPT20Basketball_zps20w3vdfk.jpg

Rebounding is the biggest weakness I see. They were 96th in rebounding (tied with Denver *Not the Nuggets and Bucknell) and lose Ray who was the top guy there.

Reactions: shadow force
Cal4Press, if Mack's achievements are where your scenario suggest then he would be as unsuccessful as Calapari. I think our fans would be worried but I don't think the administration would give him the boot at that point.

Question... let’s say 4 yrs have gone by and Mack hasn’t won the ACC regular season or tourney (which I think he will at least once) and exits in the NCAA tourney between the elite 8 and round of 32. Does he get the boot or more time to set the foundation and improve the program?
First, he hasnt coach a single game yet but now we are speculating 3-4 years from now? I do believe he will win and be successful, but just to put it in perspective, if it did happen, it would be just like all the dumb posters who claim Tony Bennett is not a good coach and he can’t win the big games. Sounds familiar to what they were saying about Jay Wright before he won 2 NC’s.

I really want to see if Enoch can be that inside banger that the team missed last year. Sometimes you just need a strong big body inside due to match ups.

Curious about this also. Haven't had a go-to big since Onuaku. Would be nice to have a post threat - or use a post threat we have.... feels like Ray was underutilized.

A lot depends on what the FBI (and after, the NCAA) does or does not do and how the 2019 recruiting class ultimately shapes up. If the FBI continues to keep things close to the vest, folks may get the impression that nothing is going to happen (short memories) and the 2019 class could get Mack some traction. If not, the 2019/2020 teams could make the Padgett team/this coming 2018-19 team look like the Golden State Warriors.

Last edited:
In RP’s first four it was:

NIT (similar to our current situation- no talent)
Rd of 32
Rd of 64
FF

Followed by?

NIT

So there’s the bar set by a HOFer

Time will tell, and I believe this year will show us how much “coach” we have, regardless the record.

Rd of 32
Rd of 64
FF

Followed by?

NIT

Time will tell,

Rd of 32
Rd of 64
FF

Followed by?

NIT

Time will tell, and I believe this year will show us how much “coach” we have, regardless the record.
Rick did not start out in arguably the toughest BB conference either the ACC big difference and a scandal laden progam over his head.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT